Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Opinions on our next (10) ToT heroic boss

So after finally downing Meg this last week I'm looking for some opinions on what would be the best boss to focus on next. Our problem is we're losing our main tank for a while and would like to try for one more heroic kill before a big shuffle in the roster to compensate. We're 8/13 so it's a toss up between Durumu, Primordius, and Animus. Is one particularly easier than the rest? They all seem a lot more coordination oriented than the others, which tends to be our downfall when it comes to progression.

Here's last weeks log if anyone's interested in what our DPS or heals look like.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rzcavvvur1vtrr2b/

Any help will be truly appreciated.

I would go Duru, then Prim. We walked all over Duru when we first got to him I think it was a 5 shot, then around 13 wipes on Prim, Animus should be the last one took us around 90 pulls.

Priormdious HC is a joke - for the raid... is is the exact same except you will need to get fully mutated twice instead of just once, and the range will need to kill the add that spawns.

the wipes will occur when the add spawns next to the boss... else.. the OT just needs to pick the add up and keep it away from the boss (normaly boss gets kited on outside of room and add gets tanked in the middle)
    (if your melee dps is talented, they will taunt the new add if it spawns near the boss to help the OT bring it to center.)

Durumu took us 31 pulls. Gear helps here since you will only have to do one colorblind phase with life drain (the only hard part). The ice walls are a non-issue, but it does get chaotic in that second colorblind phase dealing with Life Drain, positioning the yellow beam properly, dispelling/healing through the plague and killing the walls.

Primordius took us 3 pulls. It was pretty laughable. The only coordination needed is between your tanks. The numbers are easy to meet now too.

Dark Animus took us 52 pulls. This was before the zerg strat existed. If coordination is a problem then maybe you should try the zerg strat, especially if you have a monk or paladin tank and a raid ilvl of ~540.

Deleted
    Durumu 10m HC is an absolute joke, Prim is roughly just as easy but lack of co-ordination might wipe you a bit, leave Animus for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    So after finally downing Meg this last week I'm looking for some opinions on what would be the best boss to focus on next. Our problem is we're losing our main tank for a while and would like to try for one more heroic kill before a big shuffle in the roster to compensate. We're 8/13 so it's a toss up between Durumu, Primordius, and Animus. Is one particularly easier than the rest? They all seem a lot more coordination oriented than the others, which tends to be our downfall when it comes to progression.

Here's last weeks log if anyone's interested in what our DPS or heals look like.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rzcavvvur1vtrr2b/

Any help will be truly appreciated.
    If you are losing your MT go for primordius first, as durumu can be 1-tanked with a paladin on the raid, doesn't matter what spec. Both are easier than animus, unless you can pull off the zerg on DA, but judging from your durumu kill you are quite low on DPS for that.

So primordius > durumu > animus

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks so much for the replies everyone I appreciate all the input!!

Deleted
    Im struggling to decide for this week.

We're 8/13 with primo and twins down (both took about 20-25 tries)

Everyone says durumu is faceroll(we can solo tank with pala if we want) so im thinking if we would manage to kill maegera 2nite and durumu on sunday.
    But afraid im being greedy and might end up with zero kills for this week

How hard is maggy in comparision to the other 8 ?
    Both healers and dps numbers are pretty solid, coordination, not so much :-/
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-24 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    Durumu is faceroll. Megaera is more of a healing and coordination check. 1 tank, 2 heal durumu. Done

Durumu isn't as faceroll as people are saying. That's why hes normally the 9th boss people kill. Having said that, I found it a lot easier than megaera.

Durumu is only tough if you are undergeared.
    People who progress on Durumu HC nowadays are usually outgearing it by miles, and that makes the fight so much more easy and simple...
    Assuming your Guild's raiders have some heroic items, and bother capping their Valor points to upgrade gear, than I'd definetly recommend Durumu HC as your next progression boss.
    Primordius is a close 2nd, But imo demands more coordination.

Primordius it's easier with capable tanks, Durumu needs some preparation (Walls, Adds, Beams, etc) before pulling it.
    #yolo #swag

Well if you not sure what to aim for check this list from wowprogres:

And try to kill next boss with the highest percentage

personally, i would suggest durumu, with the gear people have nowadays, you skip like third (and hardest) part of the fight easily and walls just melt even if you get only one or two of the good aoers on this fight, so basically the only difficulty is handling life drains properly, primordius isnt overgeared that easily, as bad buffs can outweight better gear anyway and tanks are alot more prone to get gibbed there, raid needs to constantly be on their toes, pustules first or second and you are gonna be constantly moving, making everything harder and especially coordiantion between tanks is super important, as one mistake is a wipe.

I thought Magaera was harder then Durumu and Prim on 10 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    She is much harder. Not sure why we did her first really. After finally killing her we went and 5 shot Durumu and got Prim in about 10-15 pulls. Once those two are down if you have a Brewmaster or Prot Pally as the tank that isn't leaving you could try the DA zerg tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Before 600 ilvl cloak and VPs upgrades? Yes.
    #yolo #swag

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a Brewmaster and a Prot Paladin, Megaera is a bit of a joke on 10HC, that said Durumu is very simple in current gear, you can just 1 tank/3 heal it for safety because the DPS required to kill him before a 3rd light phase is very low (assuming you are solo tanking anyway, never tried it 2 tanking) or you can 2 heal it if you are sure that you aren't going to make any mistakes in the light spectrum phases to make adds / ice walls a nonevent.

From 6/13HC (Jinrokh>Ji-Kun>Horridon>Iron Qon>Tortos>Council), we did Primordius>Consorts>Megeara>Durumu in the space of 7 days, so there really isn't much in it imo; the strategies aren't massively complicated and the lack of gear that made the fights very challenging early in the tier isn't a problem anymore. Certain comps make Megaera and Durumu very easy.

If you can do one of Megaera/Durumu/Consorts/Primordius, then you should be able to breeze through any of the others in my opinion.

Animus took us 3 weeks after that.... wasted 80 pulls on the zerg strategy without a Warlock /palm, then killed it on the 76th attempt with the long strat (it just clicked on the 150th overall attempt and then got 5 consective sub 20% pulls followed by a kill). It's just a frustrating fight - leave it as long as you can.

Best of luck!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Primordius is easier than Durumu if you have tanks that doesn't derp. Primordius is pretty close to identical for dps/healer as normal so not much new mechanics.

Durumu is also very easy if you 1 tank it with paladin Bop. Used to be a bug on Durumu that causes adds to randomly explode even when not revealed but I believe they finally fixed it.

I believe zerg strat is actually harder than the usual non zerg strat for Dark Animus. It requires everyone to not die to anima fonts while doing very high dps which may be tough for a new raid group on him.

Should go Primordius > Durumu > Dark Animus

Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Primordius is easier than Durumu if you have tanks that doesn't derp. Primordius is pretty close to identical for dps/healer as normal so not much new mechanics.

Durumu is also very easy if you 1 tank it with paladin Bop. Used to be a bug on Durumu that causes adds to randomly explode even when not revealed but I believe they finally fixed it.

I believe zerg strat is actually harder than the usual non zerg strat for Dark Animus. It requires everyone to not die to anima fonts while doing very high dps which may be tough for a new raid group on him.

Should go Primordius > Durumu > Dark Animus
    Easiest way in 10 man IMO, 3 tanks and 2 healers.
    #yolo #swag