Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragin View Post
    There are many girls who walking down the street holding each other hand. Did someone harm them? Nope, and will never do that. That's normal even in Russia. Most people wouldn't mind if the kiss each other. About equality. Equality is good, but not in this world. There is always someone who is smarter, richer, funnier than you.
    I'm funnier than you, so you're going to jail, you're taller than me so i'm going to cut your legs, you're smarter than me, so i'm going to make sure everyone treat you like shit...., it doesn't really work... AND... you said:

"There are many girls who walking down the street holding each other hand. Did someone harm them? Nope, and will never do that. That's normal even in Russia."

The problem with these law is if 2 woman do that now, they COULD be taken to prison for 2 weeks (and deported if they are turist) so... NO IT WON'T BE OK!

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Probably not, the poster had said that the way to make children invovled a man and a woman still, and people asked him sarcastically if he had ever heard of a sperm bank (or in your case IVF says "hi") as if IVF allowed 2 sperm or 2 eggs to make offspring... Which isn't the case yet... Thats all.

So really it kinda does have to do with the snarky comment you made but whatever, you guys are riled up at the moment so no worries

I'd agree that his comment about offspring needing a man and a woman is totally irrelevant to the subject of homosexuality, thier rights, the fact that all over the world, despite a thin veil of "acceptance and tolerance" homosexuals are still opressed by the majority. But anyway, I probably should have stuck to lurking here anyway
    I suggest reading what I responded to. Here I will link it and bold the key part.
    That's the intresting part. You are right. But you can have children one way, by man and woman having sex.
    That is what we were responding to. Focus.

Edit: Clarity.
    Last edited by ngc2440; 2013-07-23 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    When your opinion is that it's okay to fuck the minority, no, fuck your opinion.

Your opinion is one of oppression, and frankly hate, and perhaps insecurity.
    The same can be said of your unrightful attempt to influence what others do.
    As a good example shown in this thread: your majority of civilized countries should close their mouths, for us, the minority of cruel bastards have different point of view, and according to what ppl in this thread say we should struggle for it.

Simply said: not your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sadly, the LGBT community needs to exhibit some tolerance for the views of others in this case. While you may not agree with the Russians on this point they're a sovereign nation of laws that should be respected if they choose to visit.
    rofl. No.

No one needs to be tolerant of hatred and flat out harassment and imprisonment against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has noone ever told the gay community that life just isn't fair though? And please be aware I'm talking about the GBLT community and not individuals here.

Yes its not fair they can't kiss in public without someone looking sick.
    It's also not fair that girls can't walk around topless like men do without getting stared at.
    It's not fair that guys are going to get laughed at if they paint their nails and go to a beauty spa.

There are all sorts of stereotypes, and every race, gender, orientation has their own issues to deal with. It always seems like this community feel theirs is more important.

A Gay person going to a country that doesn't accept their way of life and draping themselves in a rainbow coloured flag is akin to a group of 19 year old girls dressed up for a night on the town, walking into a strip bar and sitting in the front row while making filthy comments. Or a Christian walking into a mosque, sitting down and quoting from the bible. Yes we all have the rights to do this, but we don't.

It's exhibitionism, pure and simple. And it paints many many many gay people with the same brush, which is an unfair label as most of the ones I know prefer to keep their business private.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    As a good example shown in this thread: your majority of civilized countries should close their mouths, for us, the minority of cruel bastards have different point of view, and according to what ppl in this thread say we should struggle for it.

Attempt to what?Influence people to not be dicks and oppress people who just want to live without being persecuted?

Do you think it's okay for women to be stoned to death for refusing to marry a man that raped her? It happens and if you think it's okay because "that's the law there"then I see there really is no point in responding to you and you can find your way to my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I'm funnier than you, so you're going to jail, you're taller than me so i'm going to cut your legs, you're smarter than me, so i'm going to make sure everyone treat you like shit...., it doesn't really work... AND... you said:

"There are many girls who walking down the street holding each other hand. Did someone harm them? Nope, and will never do that. That's normal even in Russia."

The problem with these law is if 2 woman do that now, they COULD be taken to prison for 2 weeks (and deported if they are turist) so... NO IT WON'T BE OK!
    Yeah, that's how equality works, isn't it? They could be taken to jail, but not sain policemen would do that. However, there are two cases when he can do so.
    1) He is homphobic. You can't do anything about it. He can take anyone to jail because he is stronger than you.
    2) You did it too loudly. I mean like very loud.
    Last edited by Kuragin; 2013-07-23 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    The Olympics aren't about gay pride,
    Nobody ever said they were. There are just openly gay athletes who aren't afraid to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Has noone ever told the gay community that life just isn't fair though? And please be aware I'm talking about the GBLT community and not individuals here.

It's also not fair that girls can't walk around topless like men do without getting stared at.
    It's not fair that guys are going to get laughed at if they paint their nails and go to a beauty spa.

There are all sorts of stereotypes, and every race, gender, orientation has their own issues to deal with. It always seems like this community feel theirs is more important.

A Gay person going to a country that doesn't accept their way of life and draping themselves in a rainbow coloured flag is akin to a group of 19 year old girls dressed up for a night on the town, walking into a strip bar and sitting in the front row while making filthy comments. Or a Christian walking into a mosque, sitting down and quoting from the bible. Yes we all have the rights to do this, but we don't.

It's exhibitionism, pure and simple. And it paints many many many gay people with the same brush, which is an unfair label as most of the ones I know prefer to keep their business private.
    You speak of gays going to other countries but what about the gays that are in that country that are born in Russia and are Russian?

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    I suggest reading what I responded to. Here I will link it and bold the key part.

That is what we were responding to. Focus.

Edit: Clarity.
    Touché. TBH due to his slightly unpolished English, I kinda read past his words and got "Reproduction still requires a man and a woman" from it, but you're absolutely right. I really should have stuck to lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Well, i think there is a fine line between what's gay "propaganda" and what'not. But Russia is to far to the "OMG gays a creepy". But as in my Country Sweden for example. Im 15, and we had our Sexual education, they showed an animated movie, which involved a few students sitting in a library with their Teacher speaking about sex. Two of the students were Straight and a Other pair was Gay. But now in they movie it started rather partial, but then it became, hmm kinda hard to explain , Well most of my Class thought in the end that the movie promoted "straight MEH, Gayness is the nirvana of everything." Well now as im only 15 and maybe not have the same Experiences i think sweden have goon to much to the other side then russia.

Ot: sorry if my English is hard to understand, wrote this pretty fast, i don't have anything against gay people but when all schools in sweden shows a movie which promotes that homosexuality is better then Straightness and everyone should be it, yeah! i know this doesn't actually relate to the thread but that some people says there is no such thing as "propaganda" well i wouldent call it that but yeah, hope everyone understood me

10+ Year Old Account

Let me explain, the problem is not that you're against it, is that your "point of view" is making others feel like shit, and not only that, you're treating them like they are less because of your poing of view, you're making them less in front of the law, that's the problem, is not because he don't agree with what you say, is because we don't agree with what you do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    don't understand the problem some people have with gays.
    i grow up with a very close relative being gay, he was no different from anyone else, you would never know he was gay so it always seemed normal to me.
    Same, best friends (as a child, we've drifted since) mother was a lesbian, thought it was perfectly normal.

I have no 'urges to be gay' just because I knew 'being gay' was a thing. Funny that.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I don't think anyone is wrapping themselves in rainbows and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    You speak of gays going to other countries but what about the gays that are in that country that are born in Russia and are Russian?
    Regarding that, I am of the view that we can't really force other countries to do what we want and accept our values. I don't think it's right. Guidance certainly, but why is it America's place to say that they have it worked out right and Russia have it worked out wrong.

I'm talking specifically the olympics. The olympics is watched by millions. I don't mean to be heartless but I don't care if someone is gay or not. I just want them to show up and take part. If you really object to Russia's stance, then lodge a complaint with the olympic committee and withdraw. Don't spoil it for everyone else and turn it into some gay rights platform.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Touché. TBH due to his slightly unpolished English, I kinda read past his words and got "Reproduction still requires a man and a woman" from it, but you're absolutely right. I really should have stuck to lurking
    Haha, no worries. I make the same mistake more often than I care to admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attempt to what?Influence people to not be dicks and oppress people who just want to live without being persecuted?

Do you think it's okay for women to be stoned to death for refusing to marry a man that raped her? It happens and if you think it's okay because "that's the law there"then I see there really is no point in responding to you and you can find your way to my ignore list.
    Sure i hate all those muslim-style habits yet i'd not ever suggest them to stop it. Only if they asked me for advice. And no, i don't allow all that crap happenin in my country.
    However some people just cannot get enough and think they know better.
    For me there's a huge difference with what you pointed at and gay issues.
    If it's not so for you, we'll not ever find a solution. Keep barking at each other

Tip of the day: suggest Obama to put whole coutries in ignore list. If this solution helps you in debates, why not try it on globe-level?
    I'm sure we can make a living without much interference, is it the best way?
    Last edited by BreathTaker; 2013-07-23 at 07:18 PM.

Regarding that, I am of the view that we can't really force other countries to do what we want and accept our values. I don't think it's right. Guidance certainly, but why is it America's place to say that they have it worked out right and Russia have it worked out wrong.

I'm talking specifically the olympics. The olympics is watched by millions. I don't mean to be heartless but I don't care if someone is gay or not. I just want them to show up and take part. If you really object to Russia's stance, then lodge a complaint with the olympic committee and withdraw. Don't spoil it for everyone else and turn it into some gay rights platform.
    It's not your decision what the athletes do actually. If you really object to them being free then lodge a complain with the olympic committee or....

TURN OFF THE TV

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure i hate all those muslim-style habits yet i'd not ever suggest them to stop it. Only if they asked me for advice. And no, i don't allow all that crap happenin in my country.
    However some people just cannot get enough and think they know better.
    For me there's a huge difference with what you pointed at and gay issues.
    If it's not so for you, we'll not ever find a solution. Keep barking at each other
    What's the difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Same, best friends (as a child, we've drifted since) mother was a lesbian, thought it was perfectly normal.

I have no 'urges to be gay' just because I knew 'being gay' was a thing. Funny that.
    As opposed to people posting claims their disdain of gays is urged by patents or church. Which was a learned behavior again?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi