Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I agree with you, yes, but persuasion takes time, and alongside persuasion of whatever there are always extremely vocal (albeit incorrectly) groups flying about. Persuasion is happening, I mean look at how many countries have made gay marriage legal in the past few years.

An awful comparison in my opinion. The progression of scientific research isn't causing oppression (not to the degree of homosexuality).
    It's simply a comparison of how you can skew things a long way in your favour if you market yourself correctly. Breaking laws in foreign countries does not help you (or your country) gain favour. Refusing to go would be a better choice, but hey, that would require giving up something that benefits yourself for the sake of others.

Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King Jr gave up their freedom/lives for what they believed in. Giving up the Olympics is a small price to pay but I don't see too many people doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    While I agree with the first part, beating the hell out of people for a peaceful protest is not a proper response. Not at all.
    Breaking the laws of a country isn't not a good start either.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    So you hate parades then, not just the gay pride parades.
    No, that's not what he is saying and you know it. He's saying that by having these gay pride parades you're putting the spotlight on you being gay. And it's like who gives a fuck. You're talking about people like him and me who aren't against gay rights and gay people. But after seeing all this shit and oversensitivity from the gay community and those who support it who want to slander and label you homophobic the first chance they can get when you don't completely agree with them or don't want you to shove the fact that you're gay in their face and wait to see if they have some sort of negative reaction. Then, you create this bitterness toward the gay community from people who were neutral on the issue.
    Last edited by samesongoftheday; 2013-07-24 at 12:51 AM.

Welcome to the eastern europe.
    Its same in my country and i hope it wont change for a while.

They don't hate for no reason, I might not agree with the hating group...but I understand their point of view.

As I said, only 1 side gets viewed as the bad guys even thought both are.
    Why the fuck are homosexuals bad guys?

I will never accept transgenders. It crosses the natural line.
    Well, then too bad for you.

Keep going with insulting people. See how many allies it garners you.
    So you want me to use hello-kitty-like language instead? Because that would change homophobes' mind, right?

No, that's not what he is saying and you know it. He's saying that by having these gay pride parades you're putting the spotlight on you being gay. And it's like who gives a fuck. You're talking about people like him and me who aren't against gay rights and gay people. But after seeing all this shit and oversensitivity from the gay community and those who support it who want to slander and label you homophobic the first chance they can get when you don't completely agree with them you then create this bitterness toward the gay community from people who were neutral on the issue.
    Change is annoying. All those people who fought for black rights, women rights, free-speech, freedom of religion, etc, were annoying. But that's exactly why they changed things. Because they were annoying. Shy and silent people don't change anything.
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2013-07-24 at 12:54 AM.

Law is law. If people try to turn the 2014 olympics into a stage to promote pro-gay ideals, they can now get arrested.

I really don't think this is the place for this issue, unless Russia tries to keep known gay athletes from participating (which doesn't seem to be the intent of the law at all).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samesongoftheday View Post
    No, that's not what he is saying and you know it. He's saying that by having these gay pride parades you're putting the spotlight on you being gay. And it's like who gives a fuck. You're talking about people like him and me who aren't against gay rights but then seeing all this shit and oversensitivity and you create this bitterness toward the gay community from people who were neutral on the issue.
    The bitterness is their fault, not that of the LGBT communty.

Pride parades are an oxymoron, we all know this. But theyre still as important as ever as a celebration of where the community has come from since the Stonewall Riots and where the community is going. People are still going to be ignorant and only see flamboyancy and sexuality - thats their issue to overcome.

Deleted
    No, that's not what he is saying and you know it. He's saying that by having these gay pride parades you're putting the spotlight on you being gay. And it's like who gives a fuck. You're talking about people like him and me who aren't against gay rights but then seeing all this shit and oversensitivity and you create this bitterness toward the gay community from people who were neutral on the issue.
    They are getting violently attacked for being oversensitive? Lolz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    A really good example of where getting people to help your cause disproportionately is Breast Cancer. It's the 3rd most common cancer (behind lung and bowel) but gets the most funding... by a long way. Breast cancer foundations have long mastered the way to persuade people into donating to them.
    Yeah, and their fundraising methods aren't exactly what one might call subtle.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by nukedtheinsane View Post
    Surely, when you see images such as the violent ones posted, if you are neutral on the subject, and you decide you are going to be bitter about it, you are just a closeted homophobe? Because anyone with any empathy and/or an interest in how you should treat your fellow man wouldn't be indifferent having seen that these parades are still touching on something that is still relevant and would recognise it's not just a community being 'oversensitive'?
    That's not what I'm talking about. Follow my posts and you'll see that's not where I came in on the conversation. Just go a page back. And Like I said. The first chance someone gets to label someone a homophobe they do it.

When you are not given equal rights you put yourself on the spotlight so more people will know of your plight. You show pride in what and who you are. Those people who went hostel towards your actions because you spoke up were not going to support you regardless.

Do I get rage-y during Christmas despite my dislike for the holiday? No. Want to know the magical reason why I do not? Because I am an adult that has enough common sense to realize that there are going to be people doing things that I may disagree with. As long as their actions don't infringe on the rights or well being of others I keep my mouth shut and let them go at it.

I suggest you grow up and be happy that they are happy. All this bitterness because you find something distasteful, not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Their country, their law.

True.
    fair enough..so you'd be totally cool if we passed a law that says if you are Russian in public you can be jailed and deported? How about beatings are ok if you speak Arabic?

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    When you are not given equal rights you put yourself on the spotlight so more people will know of your plight. You show pride in what and who you are. Those people who went hostel towards your actions because you spoke up were not going to support you regardless.

Do I get rage-y during Christmas despite my dislike for the holiday? No. Want to know the magical reason why I do not? Because I am an adult that has enough common sense to realize that there are going to be people doing things that I may disagree with. As long as their actions don't infringe on the rights or well being of others I keep my mouth shut and let them go at it.

I suggest you grow up and be happy that they are happy. All this bitterness because you find something distasteful, not healthy.
    No, you don't. You don't start having these parades. You don't have guys dressing up like freaking weirdos when you know they're do it for the reaction. You don't have Jason Collins coming out with a stupid piece about him being gay. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU'RE GAY. I GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD CARE IF YOU'RE GAY AND THAT IF I DON'T I MUST BE HOMOPHOBIC. It's the same fucking logic as people who get pissed off at mormans who go door to door preaching about god. I don't care if you're gay. I don't need you to tell me you're gay. Get out of my face about it. Stop acting like you're special cause you like the same sex. You're only creating enemies by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Law is law.
    Does not mean it's right. Does not mean it can't be changed. Does not mean people shouldn't fight it any way they can.

No, you don't. You don't start having these parades. You don't have guys dressing up like freaking weirdos when you know they're do it for the reaction. You don't have Jason Collins coming out with a stupid piece about him being gay. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU'RE GAY. I GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD CARE IF YOU'RE GAY AND THAT IF I DON'T I MUST BE HOMOPHOBIC. It's the same fucking logic as people who get pissed off at mormans who go door to door preaching about god. I don't care if you're gay. I don't need you to tell me you're gay. Get out of my face about it. Stop acting like you're special cause you like the same sex.
    Start giving LGBTs the same rights as straight people and they might get out of your face about it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I <3 Lesbians" bracelets!

No, you don't. You don't start having these parades. You don't have guys dressing up like freaking weirdos when you know they're do it for the reaction. You don't have Jason Collins coming out with a stupid piece about him being gay. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU'RE GAY. I GIVE A FUCK THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD CARE IF YOU'RE GAY AND THAT IF I DON'T I MUST BE HOMOPHOBIC. It's the same fucking logic as people who get pissed off at mormans who go door to door preaching about god. I don't care if you're gay. I don't need you to tell me you're gay. Get out of my face about it. Stop acting like you're special cause you like the same sex. You're only creating enemies by doing this.
    Its kind of stupid to say someone is in your face for what they're doing in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Does not mean it's right. Does not mean it can't be changed. Does not mean people shouldn't fight it any way they can.

Start giving LGBTs the same rights as straight people and they might get out of your face about it
    Yes, talk to me like I'm the enemy. You just don't get what type of damage your doing by talking this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its kind of stupid to say someone is in your face for what they're doing in public.
    Because I can't go anywhere in public without seeing "I'm gay and proud" Look at that bus and the rainbow symbol for gay pride. IT's all over the news, the newspaper. It's everywhere. I can't turn around without some piece about how special someone is for being gay. LIKE WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    Welcome to the eastern europe.
    Its same in my country and i hope it wont change for a while.
    Basically sums up how I feel about it as well.

Yes, talk to me like I'm the enemy. You just don't get what type of damage your doing by talking this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I can't go anywhere in public without seeing "I'm gay and proud" Look at that bus and the rainbow symbol for gay pride. IT's all over the news, the newspaper. It's everywhere. I can't turn around without some piece about how special someone is for being gay. LIKE WTF.
    Oh no you saw a sign. My heart, it breaks for the intrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Law is law. If people try to turn the 2014 olympics into a stage to promote pro-gay ideals, they can now get arrested.

I really don't think this is the place for this issue, unless Russia tries to keep known gay athletes from participating (which doesn't seem to be the intent of the law at all).
    So if they passed a law saying you can no longer wear sneakers or shoes, you'd be like "well law is law."

Tisk tisk, so much fowl language. Also it is interesting you use the phrase "dressing up like freaking wierdos".

I suggest hopping off the forum for a bit, relaxing. Then come back once you calmed down a bit and can be civil.