Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legitimate concern about ghosts in my home and the effects I'm feeling.

So I recently moved into a home last week that was built in the late 70's, early 80's. So by no means is this a very old home, but not new which doesn't concern me either way, just getting this point across.

I used to live in this home years ago with my grandparents, mom and my cousin (my mom and I used to be pretty poor, but that's a different story). Anyway, as a child sometimes I would hear things in the house, IE footsteps, knocking, voices and sometimes even see shadows. Our Golden Retriever would even look around at the ceiling a lot and sometimes bark at something, though none of us would hear or see anything and just pass it off as something that dogs do. Last year my grandparents moved out and my mom and I had moved out when I was 15 (I'm 26 now), so no one has been in the house for quite sometime even though my grandparents still own it. My fiance and I recently split up and we both moved, so without having many options I moved back into my grandparents old house.

I've been living here two weeks now on my own, and I am CONSTANTLY hearing footsteps, seeing shadows, feeling a presence and finding doors that have been shut and locked opened. Just yesterday the door leading to my side porch was opened about 4-5 inches but it was still locked. I pulled the door shut and tried to force it open just by pushing, but had no luck... Strange, right? Last night before going to bed I shut my bathroom door and did the same thing by pulling pretty hard to see if it would open, and it would not. I then did the same thing with my bedroom door and it would not open either. So I go to bed around 11:30 P-12:00 A and wake up at exactly 3:00 A to find that both doors were completely opened.

The night before while in bed I heard a noise by the kitchen, so thinking maybe someone was in my house I turn on the lights and run into the kitchen with a baseball bat. I find no one in the house after checking all the rooms, closets, access panels, etc. I decide it's just my imagination, so I go back to bed. Once I'm back in bed I feel a presence in my bedroom like someone is right next to my bed. My body goes completely cold and I cannot move for what seems like a good 2-3 minutes. Suddenly this presence is gone and my body feels normal again. The next morning when I wake up I walk into the living and find that my laptop had been moved a little, and a half empty bottle of water is laying in the floor.

I asked my family members if they had ever experienced anything like this, and to my surprise they all answered me with a yes. Apparently my cousin at one point claimed to have seen a white figure standing in front of my bedroom door that had MY face on it. This apparition or whatever it was turned and looked at her, smiled then slowly vanished towards the front door. My grandparents both one night were laying in bed and thought that the dog had jumped in bed with them, but to their surprise there was nothing in bed with them, but they could see a indention in the sheets like something was sitting there.

I will make it clear that I don't feel threatened by whatever is in my house, I do, however feel that whatever is there likes to cause mischief and mess with me, which unfortunately is keeping me from sleeping at night and making me incredibly irritable/rash/rude which I never am.

So, the point of this thread is for input, and possibly what I should/could do?

If you don't believe in ghosts, that is fine. However, do not troll as I'm sure many people here do.
    Last edited by Drfireburns; 2013-07-21 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Film it and make a fortune from it, worked for the Blair witch project and Paranormal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in ghosts, but if it's driving you nuts, set up some cameras all over your house to see if you can catch whatever shenanigans are going on.

Edit: Oh hey Rich has the idea. :P
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    I've never experienced anything I could describe as paranormal, so naturally I'm very sceptical about the existence of ghosts and the like.

I'm also unaware of an concrete proof that they exist and any "proof" has a rational explanation behind it. Which I'm sure if you looked for there would be in your situation.

Deleted
    Nothing personal. You should watch a psychiatrist.

I don't believe in the paranormal, but if you feel genuinely concerned, you could get a local priest or something?

This weekend has spawned some utterly random threads

Deleted
    Legitimate and ghosts in the same sentence? Never though i'd see this day...

Deleted
    get some salt and something made out of iron to protect yourself, then find out who the ghost is and find its bones,salt and burn them, if that doesnt work the ghost is attached to something else and you must find it and burn it
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-07-21 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Your mind can do amazing things under stress.

It can even paralyse your body. I know because I once had the same feeling you did of not being able to move thinking it was some monster or ghost. Lateron I had the same sensation right after waking up and after googling around abit it pretty much looks like Sleep Paralysis.

I can't say it was the thing as with you ofc, but it sounds the same. I don't believe in ghosts, but if I ever lived in a house that creeped me out I'd leave one way or another. I don't have to believe in ghosts to get scared from hearing weird stuff...weird as in natural house sounds.

Deleted
    My grandma has recently started hearing things. She lives alone in an apartment and few weeks ago she started hearing coughing as if there is a person in the room and also hearing a cat but she doesn't have any pets.

ouija board that shit! Askem what they want... be prepared for an answer you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget about it. Also, ..it might be from outside?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodedge-Ouroboros View Post
    Forget about it. Also, ..it might be from outside?
    I've tested that theory. I wouldn't hear footsteps against hardwood floors coming from outside. Something from outside wouldn't be able to open my locked doors either...

Hahaha... ghosts. You're probably just mental.

Infracted. Please post constructively and do not mock/flame other users.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-07-22 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Hahaha... ghosts. You're probably just mental.
    You have nothing useful to add to this conversation. Politely slam a door on your head and leave please.

So I go to bed around 11:30 P-12:00 A and wake up at exactly 3:00 A to find that both doors were completely opened.

Once I'm back in bed I feel a presence in my bedroom like someone is right next to my bed. My body goes completely cold and I cannot move for what seems like a good 2-3 minutes. Suddenly this presence is gone and my body feels normal again. The next morning when I wake up I walk into the living and find that my laptop had been moved a little, and a half empty bottle of water is laying in the floor.

Apparently my cousin at one point claimed to have seen a white figure standing in front of my bedroom door that had MY face on it. This apparition or whatever it was turned and looked at her, smiled then slowly vanished towards the front door

You are sleepwalking..

You got rats / birds living in the ceiling / on the loft

you might have a hobo living in the basement.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Call a priest to exorcize the house. I'm an atheist but people seem to think that crap works and no longer say they are hearing things after that, whatever the priest is doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    You have nothing useful to add to this conversation. Politely slam a door on your head and leave please.
    pour salt in a line in front of all doors

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    get some salt and something made out of iron to protect yourself, then find out who the ghost is and find its bones,salt and burn them, if that doesnt work the ghost is attached to something else and you must find it and burn it
    <3 Supernatural
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu