Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    The big problems with a lot of gay people is that they are defined by their sexuality.
    Just like the black guys who only fall into two personality types. Thug and trying to be white. And they only like rap music. /sarcasm

You have such a narrow point of view it's sickening. Not everyone is as simple and dull as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Everyone who doesn't give me a hug and a kiss is an enemy? Oh no I think the person calling me a fag as he punches me in my face is probably an enemy, or the person trying to stab me, or the person harassing me on the street. I think they're the god damn enemy.
    And yet those of us that don't want the Olympics to be used as a political forum for any and all sides are sickening. I voted for gay rights in my state Themius, but if you were the spokesperson for their cause, I never would have been swayed over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Personally I don't believe it's A ok what is happening in Russia but I also recognise that there is no use in making an ethnocentric based decision on what is right and wrong from my perspective while looking at aother culture's views on sexuality. I don't agree with it but then again there is so much in the world I don't agree with but who are we to push our views on other country's? If they want to wake up and join the modern world then I'm all for it and if not then I hope the people that are being persecuted try to immigrate here and seek asylum from persecution and are able to live a full and happy life here where we will gladly take them in with open arms.

However to go somewhere else and push your views on them is not how you go about doing things!
    In this particular case, your views (or rather, your sexual identity) could get you arrested or deported if you go to participate or spectate at a major international sports competition next year. I'd say that the participating countries have a right to know how safe their citizens will be while visiting that country. If you feel that there may be danger to them being there, then I'd say this is a perfectly acceptable time to bring those policies and practices into question, before it leads to a major or minor incident.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klimon View Post
    So how does it prove any of your points? It doesn't Actually it contradicts them. People kill people for various reasons. People get arrested and go to prison for murder regardless of who they killed - gay or straight. There's no condoning (the only point of yours that is relevant to this)
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    The big problems with a lot of gay people is that they are defined by their sexuality. .
    Sorry but cannot disagree more! The entire culture is based off of SEXUAL ORIENTATION and the fact that there sexual orientation is not the same as the traditional cultures! how can they not be defined by sexuality if the culture sprung from sexual orientation?

Imagine talking to a Catholic pope and then telling them that they are too defined by there religion! Imagine talking to an African American and saying they are too defined by there physical traits, Imagine talking to a woman and saying they should stop looking so feminine... sense ..this makes none!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holing up in gay bars isn't helping you become part of society.
    No, but it does help you meet other gay people. Not sure why that's a shocker given that there are a ton of straight bars, ladies nights, ethnic nights. people like to socialize with groups of similar people.

I bet you do it too. Along with announcing your straightness in public more often than you think.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    And yet those of us that don't want the Olympics to be used as a political forum for any and all sides are sickening. I voted for gay rights in my state Themius, but if you were the spokesperson for their cause, I never would have been swayed over.
    What exactly do you think is going to happen at the olympics, a couple is going to win a race and fuck on the grass?

The mere existence of the Olympic games is political, whether you like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my head?! The only reason there is a gay rights movement is because of over stepping straight people and homophobes who would rather be sucking cock.

Everyone who doesn't give me a hug and a kiss is an enemy? Oh no I think the person calling me a fag as he punches me in my face is probably an enemy, or the person trying to stab me, or the person harassing me on the street. I think they're the god damn enemy.
    Yet you called me the enemy, for not caring about you or your plight. I haven't called a single gay person an offensive name. I haven't said it's wrong to sleep with someone of the same gender. I've even said that you should have the right to marry whoever you want.

Yet you still attack me, simply for not supporting your movement. If I came here full of empathy and said "i love hearing the gays plight being rammed down my throat on every news channel and broadcast" you would like me. As I said I didn't like it, you dislike me.

And there it is. You don't just want people to stop oppressing you. You want acceptance and love and not to feel so insecure. And unless the government starts brainwashing people, isn't ever going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there are. There are four types of gay male, as I said. You'll find that you pretty much are identical to someone in the same category as you give or take Kylie Minogue etc etc..

Gay culture shouldn't even exist. A sexual orientation is just who you sleep with. Thats it. You can sleep with whomever you like in my opinion. Building a whole lifestyle around it was just moronic and I won't be dissuaded otherwise.

If all you really want is to integrate with society then why gay this, gay that, gay this, gay that. Just wear the same clothes, listen to the same things, do the same things, go to the same places. Holing up in gay bars isn't helping you become part of society.
    two things:

1- You could also adapt those 4 types for straight guys and it would be the same... don't you think?
    2- Don't assume that all gay people are = as what you see on TV or at the Gay Pride parade
    3- Not every gay people go to gay bars, and even so... that's the better way to find someone without the "Fuck he's straight...."

Note: Most straight people get annoyed when a gay guy/girl start flirting at him/her, also as you may know, not many people can let the people that are around them knows they are gay cause they will be insulted or just will lose everyone they love because of that

3/10? Nice idea, but you really need to change more than just gay to straight. It doesn't make sense your way. Mainly because you can't categorize straight people into four groups.
    /throws hands up in the air

Really? You can't categorize straight people into four groups, but you can do that to gay males?

I applaud you. I honestly thought you were participating in this discussion, but now I realize I've been trolled for the last several pages. Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there are. There are four types of gay male, as I said. You'll find that you pretty much are identical to someone in the same category as you give or take Kylie Minogue etc etc..
    I assure you that there is another straight person incredibly similar to you.

Gay culture shouldn't even exist. A sexual orientation is just who you sleep with. Thats it. You can sleep with whomever you like in my opinion. Building a whole lifestyle around it was just moronic and I won't be dissuaded otherwise.
    .... Straight culture exists you know... it's called the traditional family unit.

If all you really want is to integrate with society then why gay this, gay that, gay this, gay that. Just wear the same clothes, listen to the same things, do the same things, go to the same places.
    No. They shouldn't have to. Conform or get out! That is healthy reasoning.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-07-23 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Sorry but cannot disagree more! The entire culture is based off of SEXUAL ORIENTATION and the fact that there sexual orientation is not the same as the traditional cultures! how can they not be defined by sexuality if the culture sprung from sexual orientation?

Imagine talking to a Catholic pope and then telling them that they are too defined by there religion! Imagine talking to an African American and saying they are too defined by there physical traits, Imagine talking to a woman and saying they should stop looking so feminine... sense ..this makes none!
    And my point is why base an entire culture on who you sleep with? Especially if you apparently don't want to stand out and just want a quiet life deep down.

Answer : Exhibitionism. Insecurity. Attention seeking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't called a single gay person an offensive name.
    Don't you think that the massive amount of stereotyping you are doing as well as saying gay people should just hide it might be rather offensive? You may not be calling names, but you are being no less offensive. Might want to ponder that a bit...
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Yet you called me the enemy, for not caring about you or your plight. I haven't called a single gay person an offensive name. I haven't said it's wrong to sleep with someone of the same gender. I've even said that you should have the right to marry whoever you want.

Yet you still attack me, simply for not supporting your movement. If I came here full of empathy and said "i love hearing the gays plight being rammed down my throat on every news channel and broadcast" you would like me. As I said I didn't like it, you dislike me.

And there it is. You don't just want people to stop oppressing you. You want acceptance and love and not to feel so insecure. And unless the government starts brainwashing people, isn't ever going to happen.
    I used the word enemy? Please go find where I calling you an enemy. I do not like you, that's for damn sure, because you spout nonsense, but I do not recall calling you an enemy. There are a few fittings words though.

Acceptance and love? No I want to be left alone. What is it with you people that you think wanting to be left alone = wanting the whole world to love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So how does it prove any of your points? It doesn't Actually it contradicts them. People kill people for various reasons. People get arrested and go to prison for murder regardless of who they killed - gay or straight. There's no condoning (the only point of yours that is relevant to this)
    They were killed because they're gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Don't you think that the massive amount of stereotyping you are doing as well as saying gay people should just hide it might be rather offensive? You may not be calling names, but you are being no less offensive. Might want to ponder that a bit...
    "I haven't called you an offensive name. I just stereotyped you and named a bunch of negative things about you people."

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do you think is going to happen at the olympics, a couple is going to win a race and fuck on the grass?
    "The whole world is watching the Olympics. It is the right time to make noise about it. Because then, things might actually change. Because when something is done in an inappropriate place, the higher the chances it will be noticed. So fuck the Olympics as a mere sports festival. People should turn it into something more than that. And fact is, people have already done that. Starting by the organization"

Did you even see what I was replying to before you popped in? The absurdity of your statement suggests otherwise. I don't believe in using the major athletic event of the world to promote individual political agendas. I'm a major gun enthusiast, but I wouldn't want the NRA using the Olympics as a forum for their agenda either. It's not fair to the athletes to be dragged into the middle of those debates. They are there to compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klimon View Post
    Really? You can't categorize straight people into four groups
    No.

, but you can do that to gay males?
    Sure. I showed you how already.

You say you don't care about the gay rights movement (in a negative or positive way), yet here you are, taking every chance to boycott their efforts. Something just doesn't add up