Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xithryl View Post
    ..meh I really want more abilities with the weapons we have. I play a Ranger mainly and I like using a bow, if for the rest of my gaming in GW2 I have to use the same freaking abilities, idk.... It got whack once before and I left for months, hoping I can stick it out this time.
    Maybe I'm "doing it wrong", but I think ranger bow abilities are some of the worst. I find them to be very situational and not anything I use commonly, if at all, which results in a LOT of auto attacking. I've always been more offense than defense minded and I don't feel ranger bow abilities give you enough choice in that regard or at least it seems like most of them are for control and not actual DPS.

And that's why we need the Crossbow!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to be able to wield stuff that looks awesome on my Elementalist. I'm really not feeling the ones I have. =P
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I just want to be able to wield stuff that looks awesome on my Elementalist. I'm really not feeling the ones I have. =P
    Have you seen the variety in Scepter models o_O
    I didn't really check till yesterday when I decided to go for a scepter/dagger build for the first time, and all I can say is that the definition "scepter" is very loose in GW2 :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

They need someone who knows how to design a staff. It's weird coming from WoW where staves were always the most over-the-top, elaborate, no-way-you-can-miss-them designs, and in GW2 they're all basically just different colored poles with a small cane ornament on top if anything. I would never even notice Bifrost if it weren't for the faint rainbow trail it leaves.

Well everything is over the top in WoW, not sure that is a fair comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    For a game with so much focus on "cosmetic" stuff, they sure don't seem to put much effort into having many options. And of the options that do exist, few are decent looking, or all that visible in the first place. (The latter being the biggest problem, quite often.) But that has been said 10000 times here.
    I dunno man, compared to other MMO's (and given GW2's age) I would say the armor models and textures are some of the most detailed and "sharp" I've seen. The fact that you can customize colors pretty much blows away everything else because literally no two people look the same in this game (not counting those bland/uncreative all-celestial or all-abyss players :P). In WoW it's not uncommon to see like 5 identical people in the same city.

The options are few for each prof but I'd say that's just a matter of time. They've been releasing armor designs/skins with most major patches, eventually we should end up with enough options to satisfy most people.

If I'm going to complain about anything it's the fact of how ridiculously awesome light armor looks compared to medium/heavy armor. I can go rampant on my Ele with very stand-out easily obtained designs, while on my Engi I don't really have anything that goes "whoa".

Weapon models, yeah they're definitely lacking. I would go as far as saying that WoW weapons beat GW2 weapons in terms of creativity and flair, there were many times in WoW where I would see an upcoming patch of new weapons and scream "I WANT THAT!".

I mean jesus H christ, look at these WoW epics/legendaries:

Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-13 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I didn't really check till yesterday when I decided to go for a scepter/dagger build for the first time, and all I can say is that the definition "scepter" is very loose in GW2 :P
    The Focus is the one that gets me. Some very neat things, and such a huge variety.

The fact that you can customize colors pretty much blows away everything else because literally no two people look the same in this game (not counting those bland/uncreative all-celestial or all-abyss players :P).
    Hey, I only do that on one character! :P

There's not that much variety in GW2, due to the fact that most of the armor sets in the game are not attractive. I've seen quite a few people who look identical (looking at all of you Winged set wearers). I suppose if you want to say, "Oh, but she used Lemon Tint and she used Pastel Lemon, it's different!" then maybe? :P

I'm not sure what WoW looks like since they added transmogrification. I'm sure it can't be like it was in Wrath with everyone wearing the exact same raid sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The Focus is the one that gets me. Some very neat things, and such a huge variety.
    The foci are amazing. It's too bad that it's not an often used weapon. It's really only mesmers and necros I see with them, eles and guardians don't seem to use them much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm not sure what WoW looks like since they added transmogrification. I'm sure it can't be like it was in Wrath with everyone wearing the exact same raid sets.
    Yep, now you just have tons of people mogging their gear into T3-T6 sets that they obtained by speed-running TBC/Classic raids -_-

Well, priest T6 is one of the best sets ever designed (IMO) along with paladin T2 and warlock T5.

GW2 is in desperate, desperate need of sexier armors. I can't believe this is the first MMO I've ever played without "plate bikinis". I have had a horrible time finding heavy armor I like for my Norn guardian outside of T3 cultural ($$$). Even their arguably sexiest light set, the Winged (probably why it's so overused), they had to go and draw a purple uterus & ovaries on it which I cannot unsee. The human T3 cultural leather isn't much better, the single under-boob is ridiculous, but just about everything else is a trench coat. Blah!

The human T3 cultural leather isn't much better, the single under-boob is ridiculous, but just about everything else is a trench coat. Blah!
    Join our petition for the double underboob now!

Finally....guardian will get a (hopefully) good ranged weapon option. The scepter isn't terrible, but it leaves A LOT to be desired. I've said all along that the guardian should have been given the longbow as an option from the very start. Looks like that is finally going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is in desperate, desperate need of sexier armors. I can't believe this is the first MMO I've ever played without "plate bikinis". I have had a horrible time finding heavy armor I like for my Norn guardian outside of T3 cultural ($$$).
    Regarding plate/leather, I think ANet went out of their way to avoid the plate-bikini trope. Which is both sorta a step in the right direction but also really sucks for those who really appreciate that kind of a thing (we play fantasy games for fantasy right :P)...me being one of them.

Obviously I don't want it as extreme as TERA or Scarlet Blade (because that could barely be called armor) but a bit more revealing/sexy than what we currently have please :S

Even their arguably sexiest light set, the Winged (probably why it's so overused), they had to go and draw a purple uterus & ovaries on it which I cannot unsee.
    Bwuuuuhhh I didn't give it much thought but now that I think about it, you're right! Gratz, now I can't unsee it either. I hate you -_-

Also don't forget Tribal, Embroidered, Feathered and Masquerade:

Acolyte skirt and Conjurer top is also pretty nice:

The human T3 cultural leather isn't much better, the single under-boob is ridiculous, but just about everything else is a trench coat. Blah!
    I dislike the under-boob, it makes it look the female boob model wasn't designed with that top in mind. The way it connects to the chest just looks really weird.

I'll agree that the Leather/Plate options are severely lacking in the sexy department, not even 1 decent one for me.

Regarding plate/leather, I think ANet went out of their way to avoid the plate-bikini trope.
    Way out of their way. Looking at this there are only 3-4 heavy armors that could even remotely be considered skimpy, the rest are full coverage. I really don't like the Grecian one (it feels stylistically out of place), Gladiator and Barbaric (both of which I've used on my guardian) are nice, and Arah... *sigh* That set was super hot in its original version and then they had to color in the breastplate and paint panties onto it that can't be dyed. -_-

Also don't forget Tribal, Embroidered, Feathered and Masquerade:

Acolyte skirt and Conjurer top is also pretty nice:
    I do really like the Embroidered. Tribal has skulls attached so... I guess if I were into that on my necro (which I'm not) I'd like it, but it doesn't really work for me on any other clothies. Never really liked Feathered or Masquerade, it's just something about them, I don't know. Conjurer would probably be my favorite set if it weren't for the pants they insisted on putting underneath. I've worn that set a lot on my mesmer, but those pants, ugh!

I dislike the under-boob, it makes it look the female boob model wasn't designed with that top in mind. The way it connects to the chest just looks really weird.
    Agreed. >_<

If this is true, this pleases me greatly. I like using bows and miss them on my guardian.

I like the acolyte set tbh. It's not skimpy but hey that mask is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scepters don't look awesome in my opinion. =P

I like both one and two handed swords, axes, daggers (Eles can use these \o/) and such. Staves, scepters and so on aren't very cool in my opinion.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.