Thread: New armors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Going to take a wild guess and say that you get these through pvp with the phoenix rank(all 1-2 people worldwide that have it so far). And as far as pve goes.....ascended armor has to look like something and all the armor minus male light just kinda says "hey i'm a badass"(all the gear treadmill complaints won't stop it from coming).
    Since phoenix rank already has it's own set of rewards - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_reward - and that very few people have it, I doubt they will shove them into phoenix rank. Most new gear now a days already has an "apply to X option" and you can apply it to PvP gear.

They're more than likely going to be sold in the gem store, especially since people have been begging for Kasmeer's armor for months.

Edit: Yep, 800 gems each.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-07-30 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Looks like female Asura & Charr got the male armor versions, again. At least the light looks good on female Asuras.
    And they will most likely continue to in the future as well, because of lore reasons.

Asura and Charr society sees no difference on male and female, they all carry their on weight, they do the same things, they have the same rights, so it pretty much ends up to that Asura and Charr females will not dress that much differently compared to the males.

They are selling that piece of shit male light armor set? Really? Should be free for how they shafted it's design with such low detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    New medium armor is useless until they release a set without a butt cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    New medium armor is useless until they release a set without a butt cape.
    I'll trade you for the male light armor. You wouldn't be complaining if you use male light armor...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    And they will most likely continue to in the future as well, because of lore reasons.

Asura and Charr society sees no difference on male and female, they all carry their on weight, they do the same things, they have the same rights, so it pretty much ends up to that Asura and Charr females will not dress that much differently compared to the males.
    While that is an adorable way of seeing it, we all know the reason is because Asura and Charr have no cleavage to show and it would look weird on them without modifying it... which Anet would never do because laziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'll trade you for the male light armor. You wouldn't be complaining if you use male light armor...
    Haha, male light armor wasn't really that great in GW1 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Haha, male light armor wasn't really that great in GW1 either.
    Actually the first armot set they added into the cash shop for light armor. The one that makes you look like a retarded power ranger is "based" off a GW1 armor set but the GW1 armor set is 10x better.

I forgot the name of it though

10+ Year Old Account
    I just remember playing a male ele then was like, fuck this *rerolls female*. I hated all male models in GW1. The male monks were way too big/bulky and same with wars. Hated the others for various reasons :3

In GW my first main was a male fire ele, after beating the final mission I deleted him and made a female asap. When cantha released I deleted my monk (with fow armor) for a female ebony goddess. The only male "caster" I have is a mesmer because I actually liked the suit look on those (although my other accounts only have female casters). All my non-casters are male though...

First time I ever thought about it

I really wish they brought back Ranger FoW armor though, that was the best set by far.

Every armor for male warriors in GW1 made them look fat. Like they all had a paunch.

Tea cup hands on every female model was only slightly worse.

Deleted
    Awww that female light armor looks nice but 800 gems... And gems are expensive lately. I'd prefer to buy character slot but armor looks pretty... I can't decide!

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Awww that female light armor looks nice but 800 gems... And gems are expensive lately. I'd prefer to buy character slot but armor looks pretty... I can't decide!
    I'd argue that the female light armor is currently the best looking set in the game. There is so much detail on it, it pisses me off that male light armor is half assed.

I'm really tempted to switch to female just to get some decent armor

- - - Updated - - -

Winged armor female:

Winged armor male:

You freaken serious Anet?

- - - Updated - - -

Phenoix armor female

Male:

I don't even... what the hell

Ohh that Phoenix armor on a female looks sexy as hell!

Deleted
    It's even sadder when you notice that even the really early game sets look rather nice on females, but utterly awful/bland/boring on males.

OH WELL, my femNorn is looking rather badass anyway. Sadly she has literally no dyes whatsoever so she'll have do with the closest and cheapest ones i could find that match the weapons' colorset. Still, rather happy with how she came out looking!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Actually the first armot set they added into the cash shop for light armor. The one that makes you look like a retarded power ranger is "based" off a GW1 armor set but the GW1 armor set is 10x better.

I forgot the name of it though
    Profane, Primeval and Krytan are the names of the armor in Gw1. And yeah, Profane in gw2 looks really dumb.

Yeah, Profane is terrible.

The Phoenix Armor looks good on my male Asura. Something about their stature makes it work better. It does look amazing on human female though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Profane, Primeval and Krytan are the names of the armor in Gw1. And yeah, Profane in gw2 looks really dumb.

vs

what is this I don't even...