Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not sure if I just missed it here, but I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere. Does Genesis have a cooldown? If so how long?

It has a 2 second cooldown, so essentially no.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It's a nerf in the sense that you no longer use the talent for its intended purpose; extra raid damage in a low damage taken situation. Can't comment on PTR fights yet but for ToT it gives us something to do during lulls in Jinrohk, Horridon, Durumu, Primordius and Twin Consorts heroics.
    It's also pretty nice for dinosaur-repulsion on heroic Horridon, as it makes Moonfire free for 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Just an unknowing warlock popping in - but for raid group with a large amount of druids (4-5), will it be a good strategy to have them all spec into Ysera's Gift and have them be topped off all the time for progression?
    No. By that I don't mean that Ysera's Gift is bad, just that you shouldn't be wasting time topping off druids in the hope that their smart heals will do something useful. Top off everyone else instead, and let YG top off the druids. YG will be a nice constant trickle of incoming healing, but it should be thought of as a free HoT rather than an automatic smart heal. You should rely on YG to save mana and keep people's health bars high, not hope that a lucky YG tick will actually save someone who suddenly drops low.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It's also pretty nice for dinosaur-repulsion on heroic Horridon, as it makes Moonfire free for 45 seconds.
    HotW only makes Wrath free unless this was finally fixed with 5.4 or some other patch. Not that big a deal with Moonfire anyway.

Hey guys Done some maths for Resto Druid Haste Break Points With Amplification Trinket and calculated what haste Numbers you need to get the HBP so here below is the Haste Numbers

Thanks Turbo for Mentioning the Mistake
    Last edited by devildjz; 2013-09-08 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Image Change

Quote Originally Posted by devildjz View Post
    Hey guys Done some maths for Resto Druid Haste Break Points With Amplification Trinket and calculated what haste Numbers you need to get the HBP so here below is the Haste Numbers

Your values for the 3043 section don't add up. Also the only thing you have to do for calculating the amount of haste you'll need to reach the breakpoint with the trinket is just:

HBP/1.XX = after trinket value, where XX is just the amplification given by whichever version of the trinket you have.

Had a MAJOR update almost done to the guide, had changed formatting some and updated every link and picture and text and info and everything to 5.4, and then the editor glitched and deleted everything and I was unable to recover it, so now I'm really pissed at this and I'll come back tomorrow and redo it. Sorry.

Symbiosis feels like a spell that'll be impossible to make viable, and at the same time not make it OP. In its current state it does us almost nothing. As a 10man raider I cant depend on it at all, as my raid group is dynamic, and there is usually non of the other classes in the raid that needs it either for their buffs.

Ex. the shadow priest "tranq" has a HPS of about 10-14k. Blizzard. wat. why.

It would be overwhelmingly overpowered if we were given the ability to handpick the spells, so I don't see it going in that direction either.

All in all it feels like we are experiencing an pretty epic idea implemented in a way that completely failed on us, bigtime. But I guess its too late to "repair" it now.

I just use it as a dmg reduction cooldown (which seems to be the most popular of abilities you can recieve from it). Stacked with barkskin it makes those static shocks on LeiShen HC a bit more manageable.

Also on the talent tier15 discussion that happened a bit earlier, @Checksmix, have you tried Wild Charge? Many fights happen outdoor in ToT, which basically makes wild charge equally viable as displacer, both sending you 20 yards forward, diff being that wild charge has "travel time"; but you can cast during the end of this travel time, as GCD wears off. For indoor usage, place a shroom, and teleport to the shroom, or use a nearby ally, or his pet, or his totem. Also, did I forget to mention the fact that Wild Charge has 50% of the cooldown Displacer has?

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    Also, did I forget to mention the fact that Wild Charge has 50% of the cooldown Displacer has?
    But Displacer Beast puts you into Cat Form and if you're a good Druid you should always be under the effect of Burning Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    Also on the talent tier15 discussion that happened a bit earlier, @Checksmix, have you tried Wild Charge? Many fights happen outdoor in ToT, which basically makes wild charge equally viable as displacer, both sending you 20 yards forward, diff being that wild charge has "travel time"; but you can cast during the end of this travel time, as GCD wears off. For indoor usage, place a shroom, and teleport to the shroom, or use a nearby ally, or his pet, or his totem. Also, did I forget to mention the fact that Wild Charge has 50% of the cooldown Displacer has?
    For the symbiosis part I deleted, no idea what you're talking about. Symbiosis is really strong in its current form in both PvP and PvE, coming from a 10man perspective it's useful on just about every fight. Horridon it's good for disease dispel from Paladins, Council/Tortos/Mag it's good for Spiritwalker's Grace + Tranq from Shamans, etc. I find a use for it on just about every fight.

As for Displacer Beast vs. Wild Charge, the big differences is that Displacer Beast gives a mini sprint afterwards, and it doesn't need a target. There's really no need for the 15 second cooldown, I can't think of any fight where I'd need to jump around more than that. Displacer Beast is good in literally every fight, whereas Wild Charge requiring a target is a really big negative. Jin'rokh being able to jump away is awesome, Horridon jumping in front if you get charged so the boss doesn't move, Council to get out of quicksand, Tortos to avoid rockfall, Mag if you get Cinders, Ji-kun to deal with the push back, Durumu for both his debuffs he casts on people (the knockback and the puddle thing), Primordius it has no real purpose on, Dark Animus for after matter swap, Iron Qon to get over the ground debuff without getting any stacks, Twins to activate the buffs as fast as possible, and Lei Shen for his pushback and to move around the platform.

Yes, Wild Charge can be used in some of those situations, but it's significantly worse because it requires a target and doesn't give you sprint. And you don't need it within 30 seconds anyway on any of the fights. Generally Displacer Beast is used to counter a boss ability (Ji-kun push back, Tortos Rock fall, etc.) and those have more than 30 second CDs, so having your 15 second Wild Charge really doesn't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    For the symbiosis part I deleted, no idea what you're talking about. Symbiosis is really strong in its current form in both PvP and PvE, coming from a 10man perspective it's useful on just about every fight. Horridon it's good for disease dispel from Paladins, Council/Tortos/Mag it's good for Spiritwalker's Grace + Tranq from Shamans, etc. I find a use for it on just about every fight.
    As a 13/13hc raider in 10 man, and with the problem of having a very dynamic raid group, I usually don't have access to a shaman. I see spirit walkers grace being somewhat viable on every single fight, but the rest of spells are just not that strong.

Yes, Wild Charge can be used in some of those situations, but it's significantly worse because it requires a target and doesn't give you sprint. And you don't need it within 30 seconds anyway on any of the fights. Generally Displacer Beast is used to counter a boss ability (Ji-kun push back, Tortos Rock fall, etc.) and those have more than 30 second CDs, so having your 15 second Wild Charge really doesn't help much.
    Almost half of the bosses in ToT are fought outdoors, which means you DONT need a target to use wild charge.

I'm not trying to say that WildCharge is plain better than Disp., its not, they both have situations where they outperform each other. Displacer is a good thing to fall back on in most fights, but WC has helped me quite a few times when I was super unlucky with Mag hc fire debuff, where every second counts, and several debuffs in quick concession, or Lei Shen hc, our approach involves some of us (me included) moving between quarters during transition to help soak static shocks if we dont have many solo soakers available.

I have just defaulted to WC because of half the cooldown, but I'm expecting my default to change to some extent in 5.4, where mushrooms will become much more "rare", only 1 instead of 3, so i cant squander it.

Updated everything to 5.4, changed wording and formatting on a lot, fixed typos, updated links and haste cards, check to see if I missed anything but for tonight I'm done.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated title to 5.4 as well.

Thank you for all the time put in Aoroc.

Can't imagine you would of been feeling too crash hot after the first one didn't save, but you stuck with it and you have my thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Thank you for all the time put in Aoroc.

Can't imagine you would of been feeling too crash hot after the first one didn't save, but you stuck with it and you have my thanks.
    foshizzle my nizzle

Great job with the guide! Just some small things I found:

Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    Tier 4 (Level 60)
    Healing CD's
    • Soul of the Forest - Steady throughput
      This ability is very strong when coupled with Wild Growth. You get an extra 2 ticks, which is a huge HPS increase.
    2 extra ticks was a long time ago, today it gives 8-9 extra ticks depending on your haste.

Some links still link to the wowhead ptr version (no tooltip). I found Glyph of Efflorescence and Ysera's Gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Great job with the guide! Just some small things I found:

2 extra ticks was a long time ago, today it gives 8-9 extra ticks depending on your haste.

Some links still link to the wowhead ptr version (no tooltip). I found Glyph of Efflorescence and Ysera's Gift.
    The ptr links were on purpose as there was no live link until today when it went live. Will fix those sometime tonight. As far as your tier 4 comment, thanks for noticing that, I'll make the change after finding out what exactly it is now.

Deleted
    Hello,

I'm currently at item level 545 but i am not sure if i am able to reach the 13163 HBP.
    Is there a good and easy way to calculate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoof View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently at item level 545 but i am not sure if i am able to reach the 13163 HBP.
    Is there a good and easy way to calculate it?
    Hmm u mean by reforging and gemmed then ill advice you to try Treecalc from EJ Great tool or Ask Mr Robot use Custom Weight put haste on high value then calculate are u able to reach 13HBP or Manual math

15+ Year Old Account
    The guide needs to mention the minor glyph that lets you target wild mushroom on the ground instead of on a player. It lets you tailor the position better to potentially hit more players.

Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The guide needs to mention the minor glyph that lets you target wild mushroom on the ground instead of on a player. It lets you tailor the position better to potentially hit more players.

Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom
    Good point, I'll add it in. However, I personally would NEVER use that. The ability to seamlessly and instantly place a shroom/circle down while on the move or standing still is so strong. It's much FASTER to place it without the glyph, and you can get back to healing much faster. Just know where your target is in my opinion. But you're right, it's still an option and should be mentioned for thoroughness sake.