Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Hmm, I've been running HotW for quite a while and since they added the healing cd to it I assumed it was a bit of a no brainer.

However what kind of damage would you be putting out over the course of the fight with NV?
    Presumably trivial damage, but NV will be handy on any fight with recurring burst every 90-180 seconds. HotW in contrast is preferable on any fight with one major high damage phase, such as Sha of Pride or Galakras (though NV may also be handy on the latter, depending on which phase poses the biggest problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Crealophus View Post
    About the whole glyphed mushroom discussion. I have done a few 25 mans and felt just fine running with it unglyphed, since putting it on melee was mosltly a fine option. However tonight we did 10 man, and there were several occasions where i could see why the glyphed version would've been usefull. So IMO that factors in as well. Can't really say either is mandatory tho... as some people claim
    There's going to be a big difference between 10 man and 25 man, yes. Bigger raid means far more potential targets to place the mushroom under, giving you more precision/flexibility. I all comes down to personal preference either way. Everyone should try both and see which they prefer.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I have come to notice that blooming your mushrooms more often in 10 man provides a lot more healing seeing as there are less targets to keep the concentrated efflo blooming away on. On Galakras bloom was my top heal. And I'm not using Rejuv less or incorrectly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    I have come to notice that blooming your mushrooms more often in 10 man provides a lot more healing seeing as there are less targets to keep the concentrated efflo blooming away on. On Galakras bloom was my top heal. And I'm not using Rejuv less or incorrectly.
    It doesn't matter whether it's 10's or 25's, my mushroom currently heals for about 1.5-2 million health when fully stacked. Efflo ticks for about 12k, which gets 48k healing per second, tack on 20% crit and you're looking at roughly 60k gross hps from efflorescence. Now considering mushrooms have a cd of about 3 seconds, you're looking at trading 180k healing for the 1.5-2 million. Now this is a little rough because I'm not considering overhealing but you get the idea, blooming mushroom when you need to can be a large hps increase.

Speaking of, how effective is blooming the mushroom with the legendary cloak proc? I only just got my cloak a couple of days ago and am yet to raid with it, but it seems like if we bloom one someone while procced, it should effectively full health an entire 10 man raid.

Deleted
    So when are you guys going to drop the previous heroic 4 set for the new set (or something else)?
    Currently I only got 1 normal token so Its not a quite in range for me yet. Also I feel the the old 4 set is a beast with the general higher healing requirements on this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    So when are you guys going to drop the previous heroic 4 set for the new set (or something else)?
    Currently I only got 1 normal token so Its not a quite in range for me yet. Also I feel the the old 4 set is a beast with the general higher healing requirements on this tier.
    Currently I'm passing for tokens because I plan to stick to 4pT15 for quite some time. Probably until getting 3/5 heroic T16 or something - depending on drops, because currently most other classes / specs benefit much more from upgrading to the new set. I'm quite happy with T15 but of course at heroic level the T16 stats are superior.

I'm just a little nooblette but how do you guys tell when mushroom is at full power?
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    The Bloom hotkey should light up by default

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm just a little nooblette but how do you guys tell when mushroom is at full power?
    Your mushroom bloom icon will start to glow.

You can also target your mushroom to get a rough idea of how far off the cap you are (easier if there's no resto shaman).
    Last edited by adynn; 2013-09-22 at 07:29 AM.

I (And quite a few druids I speak to) have a WeakAura for the mushroom charge. It's extremely handy and I recommend downloading WeakAuras2 to try it out.

Here's the string for WeakAuras to import: pastebin DOT com/CDCEb4qM (Can't actually post links atm :X )
    Last edited by Zeforr; 2013-09-22 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I see alot of other Resto Druids taking Force of Nature. I have been swapping between ToL and SotF depending on the fight. Is FoN better than those in a situation I am not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinerr View Post
    So I see alot of other Resto Druids taking Force of Nature. I have been swapping between ToL and SotF depending on the fight. Is FoN better than those in a situation I am not aware of.
    Hard question to answer. "Better" is soooooooooooooooo subjective. There are times where FoN can be EXTREMELY useful versus the other talents (Healing tank with beast on Twins), but most fights still have enough situations that the other 2 are also extremely useful even if such a situation for FoN occurs.

Really, I think it all depends on the player. Each talent can fit a healing comp in different ways, and can fit healing styles in different ways.

However, mathematically, I don't think FoN can produce the same level of pure throughput (which even though that isn't always what matters, it's the easiest thing to measure) assuming SotF and Inc are used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinerr View Post
    I tend to spec FoN on any fight where

a) the output isn't that hard and I can slack a little
    b) if everyone is stacked up often (their efflo's actually do a decent amount of healing)
    c) Fights where the smart heal comes in handy (i.e. thok)

It may be less theoretical throughput but I've found their smart heals to be incredibly efficient in certain situations.

That said I use sotf and incarn regularly as well.

TLR each talent serves a purpose. Use them all on different fights.

Quote Originally Posted by krosber04 View Post
    I tend to spec FoN on any fight where

a) the output isn't that hard and I can slack a little
    b) if everyone is stacked up often (their efflo's actually do a decent amount of healing)
    c) Fights where the smart heal comes in handy (i.e. thok)

It may be less theoretical throughput but I've found their smart heals to be incredibly efficient in certain situations.

That said I use sotf and incarn regularly as well.

TLR each talent serves a purpose. Use them all on different fights.
    This guy has the right idea. Throughput shouldn't mean anything unless people in your raid are simply dying to a lack of heals. I personally don't find any situations where Incarnation is actually worth using, It's too weak of a CD to be considered part of a CD rotation but using it otherwise causes most the extra healing to go into overheals. I find FoN is great in that it is off the GCD and is great for AoE healing. I personally don't like SotF at all.

If you are specced in glyph of effloresence (which causes your mushroom to give efflo, instead of swiftmend), do the treants using swiftmend still provide effloresence or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    This guy has the right idea. Throughput shouldn't mean anything unless people in your raid are simply dying to a lack of heals.
    On progress content, throughput is everything. It's not just about the raw HPS, but also about bringing people up faster. Things go wrong on progress content and people drop low when they shouldn't. The quicker you can bring them back up, the less the chances of a random death.

That said, I'm not a fan of Incarnation. It's too weak to really be a cooldown on its own, and has too long of a cooldown for me to bother lining it up with anything else (though it's a good match to use with every other NV). I like the idea of FoN, but the numbers are a bit too weak. The treants look like they're doing a lot of AoE healing, but the numbers don't add up to much. SotF is a bit dull and prevents you from really using Swiftmend as anything but a buffing tool, but it's magnificently effective and kind of fun to play with. Besides, Swiftmend isn't good for much anyway once you've got the Efflorescence glyph (and you should have it), as a <100k heal every 15 seconds doesn't amount to much.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    On progress content, throughput is everything. It's not just about the raw HPS, but also about bringing people up faster. Things go wrong on progress content and people drop low when they shouldn't. The quicker you can bring them back up, the less the chances of a random death.
    I never said throughput doesn't matter. I said it doesn't matter UNLESS your raid is dying to a lack of healing, which in your scenario they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    If you are specced in glyph of effloresence (which causes your mushroom to give efflo, instead of swiftmend), do the treants using swiftmend still provide effloresence or not?
    Yes they do

Anyone else notice that this guide is mostly from EJ

That's nothing new.....

I appreciate Aoroc maintaining it and working hard to update it, but it being a composite of the best Druid sources has been the basis of the MMO resto guide for many years, if not always...

And frankly the EJ thread is a composite of its own, and not as unique as it used to be (when Hamlet maintained it), though it is still the premeire source. The discussions within either thread is where important and "leading edge" TC occurs anyway, they just provide the material and place to do so...
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-09-24 at 08:11 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    Anyone else notice that this guide is mostly from EJ
    And you were expecting the information to be different? We're talking about the same game here.

The heart of the wild information on the front page//guide is incorrect. It lasts for 45 seconds, not 30. It's also not stated, but the healing bonus is +25%... for the full 45 second duration.

For 25man raiding and needing 1 supertranq (or two depending on fight length) this is extremely broke.