Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolty92 View Post
    Hey there folks, I was wondering. Is there anything I can increase my healing with, more like reforges etc. I know I do need gear "of course" but what I meant was with my current gear.

Link: Kátten - Sylvanas
    You logged out in balance gear, so it's hard to say. The gemming and reforging is all wrong for resto, but I assume that's because it's not actually your resto gear.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Sorry about that, fixing it right now

Edit: Fixed it
    Last edited by mmoc61fad24c7c; 2014-01-30 at 12:03 PM. Reason: fixed

Sorry about that, fixing it right now

Edit: Fixed it
    Get rid of about 5k spirit and reforge/gem that into mastery, and you'll do a whole lot more healing while still having plenty of mana. I try to stay around 13k spirit for heroic modes (12.6k at the moment). Going too high just means having to cast more expensive spells to compensate for how weak your cheap spells are. It might take some getting used to if you're used to having very high spirit, but you'll notice the difference in how powerful your Tranquility and Wild Growth become with lower spirit.

You could also consider going for the 13163 haste breakpoint if you're going to regem anyway. Your gear is at the point where it should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Get rid of about 5k spirit and reforge/gem that into mastery, and you'll do a whole lot more healing while still having plenty of mana. I try to stay around 13k spirit for heroic modes (12.6k at the moment). Going too high just means having to cast more expensive spells to compensate for how weak your cheap spells are. It might take some getting used to if you're used to having very high spirit, but you'll notice the difference in how powerful your Tranquility and Wild Growth become with lower spirit.

You could also consider going for the 13163 haste breakpoint if you're going to regem anyway. Your gear is at the point where it should be doable.
    I actually was having mana issues during our heroic progression. I figured the option was to get more spirit. I bumped it up from 15 to 16k spirit. I lasted the entire fight with enough mana, but I did notice my rejuv/tranq/WG's weren't hitting as high as they should have (this is in 25). I took this advice and went down to 14k and just forced myself not to try and snipe heals and be more careful with my mana consumption. I noticed a marked improvement in my healing and I honestly didn't have mana issues until we did H Iron Jug - and that was my fault. Appreciate the advice.

I do have a question though. When did you decide to go down to 12.5k spirit? Were most of the fights you were healing on farm or was your group still struggling with mechanics? I am afraid to drop too much spirit while we are still progressing on fights like Shamans/Nazgrim/Sha until they become farm fights. Especially looking forward to Malk, Thok and Siegecrafter progression. Would it be too early in my progression to be dropping 1.5k more spirit?

Ello all. I'm feeling a little weak when it comes to Garrosh 10m norm. Guild says I'm fine, but I think I should/could be doing better. If yall can take a look at my current gear setup, not that great I know, and give me some tips on what i can do to better myself (reforg, gems, glyphs, etc.) it would be much appreciated!

Myishi - Stormrage

Sorry, noob here and it wont let me put a link

Myishi:
    (the following is very opinionated)
    uhh, if you're able to top mc victims off before whirl, figure out a cd rotation (or be ready to go hard if you're not tranqing) with your raid members, you're fine

dont forget to typhoon on ironstars

make sure you barkskin every whirl

spirit could probably go lower
    6.6k haste isn't preferable
    (the above 2 lines make up 65%+ of this thread and other threads pertaining to resto droods on mmo-c, so I won't delve into that here)

prioritize upgrading your weapon
    bonus roll on tier bosses, the 2p is really nice

I like treants on garrosh as they can help with tank healing in P1 and you can have 2-3 down for every whirl, either that or just tree of life and use it through the annihilate phases

I can't really comment on whirl healing too much other than just pumping tons of heals, because I progressed the fight w/ a disc priest and spirit shell is "balanced" in 10 man.

I don't like HotW on garrosh as you get it for 1 whirl the whole fight for the 25% healing bonus, as where NV gives a large healing bonus on 2/3 whirls or can be used in a transition phase, but a lot of people use it and seem to do fine (it might be better if you have the dps to push 1 empowered whirl, but you probably own't have that)

displacer beast will let you get out of a desecrate before it even hits the ground

we use nourish so rarely and it has such small healing per mana that glyph of rejuvenation is almost worthless, consider healing touch or regrowth

if interrupts are a big problem problem, you can consider glyph of fae silence

if you really wanna pull out all the stops, this is probably the fight where yseras really isn't worth it so you could take ward or renewal

that's really all I can tell you without logs, other than that, nice progress for 3 weeks

@whydrood
    imo, you're better off doing it earlier on, although it will depend on your co-healer competence and such, at 13-14k, the only fight in the 11 I've seen in siege that gives me any chance at mana trouble are IJ (if people stand in too much), thok (well, yah), and protectors (because I'm bad, I seriously have to mana pot on protectors every week)

I didn't even have to drop for spoils even though I came into the fight thinking I would, and thok is actually making me consider going down a little

It probably helps though that my co-healer is disc, so he constantly makes life-saving smart heals and I roll my face around on my rejuv key

if you're co healer is like a really bad spot-healer (mw is probably the only one that's worse off than resto imo, and even then, if they're good they have healing sphere) and they put a lot of work into improving druid spot-healing this xpac and even this patch (on a side note: I REALLY want to see the 2p is made permanent)

imo, you'll be fine if you just stay where you are until you actually feel like it's blocking you off of a boss kill, but if you want to try doing it, just drop some every raid day or week, you can drop a lot if you want to too, but it might be more difficult to adapt to

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    @whydrood
    imo, you're better off doing it earlier on, although it will depend on your co-healer competence and such, at 13-14k, the only fight in the 11 I've seen in siege that gives me any chance at mana trouble are IJ (if people stand in too much), thok (well, yah), and protectors (because I'm bad, I seriously have to mana pot on protectors every week)

I didn't even have to drop for spoils even though I came into the fight thinking I would, and thok is actually making me consider going down a little

It probably helps though that my co-healer is disc, so he constantly makes life-saving smart heals and I roll my face around on my rejuv key

if you're co healer is like a really bad spot-healer (mw is probably the only one that's worse off than resto imo, and even then, if they're good they have healing sphere) and they put a lot of work into improving druid spot-healing this xpac and even this patch (on a side note: I REALLY want to see the 2p is made permanent)

imo, you'll be fine if you just stay where you are until you actually feel like it's blocking you off of a boss kill, but if you want to try doing it, just drop some every raid day or week, you can drop a lot if you want to too, but it might be more difficult to adapt to
    Yeah we have 2 really good disc priests, 2 really good shamans (1 mains Ele, but is still a good healer), A really good pally, and 2 really good druids as our healing core. The only fights the druids really shine on is Malk and IJ. Between the 2 disc priests and the pally, me and the other druid just rejuv spam and wait for an opening to use tranq before the 2 disc priests can halo (that spell is really annoying with 2 going off at once). I will try dropping a bit more and see if I can raise my numbers some without going oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    I do have a question though. When did you decide to go down to 12.5k spirit? Were most of the fights you were healing on farm or was your group still struggling with mechanics?
    Early on during heroic progression, as soon as I realized that heroic SoO is overall burstier than normal SoO and that there are very few fights that require sustained high HPS. Most SoO fights work on some variety of a burn->idle->burn->idle cycle, giving you lots of time to regenerate your mana during the idle phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Myishi View Post
    Ello all. I'm feeling a little weak when it comes to Garrosh 10m norm.
    Garrosh normal is about 80% cooldown strategy and 20% gear. If you're doing poorly on healing, it's probably because you're not lining up your cooldowns with Annihilate/Whirling and because you're not blooming your mushroom enough. You should be able to get 2-3 blooms off during each Annihilate phase.

Deleted

All I can say is, thank you! Thanks to your help my healing has gone up alot!

<3 Alltat

About to start Heroic Garrosh (25m) tonight, any tips about the fight would be nice to know! i'm still debating on what talents to use/pick.

10+ Year Old Account

Aid me :)

Recently I started raiding again because my friends were in desperate need of a healer, being the player I am, I got my Resto Druid up to speed and geared.

Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Heali%C3%A5/advanced
    WoL: not available, sorry

I am often switching talents SotF and Inc for different fights.

I would love some advice on the gear I am using and the 13K haste point I am going for.
    Just curious if it is haste or mastery I should be stacking. I have the feeling that with the haste, 25% buffed mastery is just to low.

Kind Regards,
    Vuig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vuig View Post
    Recently I started raiding again because my friends were in desperate need of a healer, being the player I am, I got my Resto Druid up to speed and geared.

I would love some advice on the gear I am using and the 13K haste point I am going for.
    Just curious if it is haste or mastery I should be stacking. I have the feeling that with the haste, 25% buffed mastery is just to low.

Kind Regards,
    Vuig
    Hey there Vuig! I'm pretty much as geared as you are. And I'm guessing its a 10-man raid group? I know the feeling that 25% buffed mastery ain't much. But thanks to the haste your HoTs tick faster and because of that you heal more. I'm usually top healer in my group thanks to the 13k haste breakpoint with a 10-20k hps than other healers in my raid "actually, depends on which fight ". And I ain't an expert on the class but I know alot, from my opinion, stay with the haste. As you get more and more gear, you can put the extra haste/spirit "if you're gonna stay on the 13k spirit" into mastery.

Edit: Also I don't have as much progress as you do, but I'm sure others here will help you with that.
    Last edited by mmoc61fad24c7c; 2014-02-07 at 02:29 PM.

Kind Regards,
    Vuig
    Get rid of your crit pieces ASAP - Belt, boots, neck, ring 1. those pieces are really crippling your mastery and once you get better itemized pieces you should be fine. Right now might be a struggle to perform as well as you're expecting. Your cutstitcher medallion is also hindering you quite a bit. If you can, get PPP from Sha of Pride. This trinket will give you more mastery, spirit and haste.

Why are you using glyph of HT? depending on fight on 10 man, switch it with WG or RG (fights like heroic shamans and all version of spoils on 10 man usually don't use WG glyph, otherwise you should, esp. with sotf).

Talents don't matter that much. As long as you use Incarnation and HotW appropriately there's no reason to not use them, especially if you're not getting the maximum out of SotF

Everything else looks just fine. This is coming from a 13/14 heroic exp 10 man resto druid based on my research and experience. Mileage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    Get rid of your crit pieces ASAP - Belt, boots, neck, ring 1. those pieces are really crippling your mastery and once you get better itemized pieces you should be fine
    Well ATM I'm playing with what I'm getting, dont have all the gear laying around. But basicly I need to stack mastery gear and reach the 13K haste mark by forging and gemming? And Bis weapon(s)/OH))?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    If you can, get PPP from Sha of Pride. This trinket will give you more mastery, spirit and haste.
    Didn't see it drop yet, also are the RNG coin gods not with me

As for the Glyphs, I'm just messing round with the HT/RG glyphs, with the 2piece bonus I tend to use more HT's then RG's.
    But I will try out your suggestions bout the glyphs though, looks gd.

Thanks for having a look Jordaen.

Also Jolty thanks for the feedback.

I would have stuck to stacking mastery until I got a bit better gear (and preferably the PPP trinket from Sha of Pride), but I'm guessing you're not overly keen on replacing all your gems again. As a general rule, it's only worth going for 13163 haste if you can do it without breaking socket bonuses or switching to lower level items or enchants. Right now you're losing out on 540 intellect and 120 spirit from socket bonuses, which is about 2% of your total intellect gone. It's not critically bad, but it's not ideal either. In the end, your healing done will depend far more on how well you use your cooldowns and how well you can keep Harmony/Lifebloom up than how you reforge. Good cooldown planning is worth about 50 item levels.

And as Jordaen said, get rid of the Glyph of Healing Touch. The cooldown reduction on Nature's Swiftness is useless if you have Sage Mender as a backup, and the glyph is even more useless without Sage Mender as that and NS are the only times you ever cast Healing Touch. Get a Glyph of Wild Growth instead to get a bit better burst AoE, as that's what half the heroic fights come down to. Also consider replacing the Glyph of Stampede with a Glyph of Regrowth (which is what you should be spending your clearcasting procs on regardless of glyph use) unless you need Stampede for a specific fight. All the fancy talk about player choice unfortunately doesn't apply to druids this tier, as we have three major glyphs that are flat healing increases with no significant downsides: Efflorescence, Wild Growth and Regrowth.

But thanks to the haste your HoTs tick faster and because of that you heal more.
    To avoid any confusion: you heal more because haste will give you additional ticks, not because your HoTs tick faster. Efflorescence and Lifebloom are the exceptions as they should be ticking constantly for most of the fight, but for everything else haste is only a healing increase if you get enough of it to add additional ticks. All the HPS you gain from "burstier" HoTs is lost because you can't pre-HoT as effectively. Aside from reaching haste breakpoints (of which only 3043 and 13163 are worth considering), haste is our worst stat.

Well ATM I'm playing with what I'm getting, dont have all the gear laying around. But basicly I need to stack mastery gear and reach the 13K haste mark by forging and gemming? And Bis weapon(s)/OH))?
    Well you want a mix of haste and mastery gear. You don't want a single piece of crit gear if you can help it at all. As soon as you get rid of those pieces you'll see a greater difference in your haste build, as I said. My gear is pretty much half and half - half spirit/haste, half spirit/mastery and my gems are pretty mixed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    To avoid any confusion: you heal more because haste will give you additional ticks, not because your HoTs tick faster. Efflorescence and Lifebloom are the exceptions as they should be ticking constantly for most of the fight, but for everything else haste is only a healing increase if you get enough of it to add additional ticks. All the HPS you gain from "burstier" HoTs is lost because you can't pre-HoT as effectively. Aside from reaching haste breakpoints (of which only 3043 and 13163 are worth considering), haste is our worst stat.
    Yeah, thats what I meant. I just said it abit wrong, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucineia View Post
    About to start Heroic Garrosh (25m) tonight, any tips about the fight would be nice to know! i'm still debating on what talents to use/pick.
    The fight is pretty chilled helping wise, how many healers are you running with. I ran with typhoon, vortex and vigil, during the first desecrated weapon I would NV and tranq as the damage can be a little spikey at this point, I would pop mushrooms after iron star explosions.

Intermission 1, I used a sotf hurricane to help with add dps and then popped NV during the annihilates blooming the shroom if people were not getting healed up fast enough.

P2 this phase is really chilled other than the three burst of healing needed on the whirls

Int 2 we skipped

Whichever empowered whirl you tranq on grab a HoP or HoS as you can become a bit of a threat machine (we killed the first wave of adds) drop your lifebloom on the day kiter this gives him some healing when he goes out of range, I would vortex the old adds just. H the final whirl goes off to give our monk a bit more time.

Final phase literally as one spike of damage which is the iron star explosion everything else is negligible if you are doing the mechanics right with malice, your wild mushroom forms quite a good marker for the three groups to spread around.

I can't stress how easy the healing is on this fight is if you get your cooldown rotation nailed on.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind Regards,
    Vuig
    Grab displacer beast, while you will miss the movement speed boost you simply cannot beat being able to get out of shit quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    The fight is pretty chilled helping wise, how many healers are you running with. I ran with typhoon, vortex and vigil, during the first desecrated weapon I would NV and tranq as the damage can be a little spikey at this point, I would pop mushrooms after iron star explosions.

Intermission 1, I used a sotf hurricane to help with add dps and then popped NV during the annihilates blooming the shroom if people were not getting healed up fast enough.

P2 this phase is really chilled other than the three burst of healing needed on the whirls

Int 2 we skipped

Whichever empowered whirl you tranq on grab a HoP or HoS as you can become a bit of a threat machine (we killed the first wave of adds) drop your lifebloom on the day kiter this gives him some healing when he goes out of range, I would vortex the old adds just. H the final whirl goes off to give our monk a bit more time.

Final phase literally as one spike of damage which is the iron star explosion everything else is negligible if you are doing the mechanics right with malice, your wild mushroom forms quite a good marker for the three groups to spread around.

I can't stress how easy the healing is on this fight is if you get your cooldown rotation nailed on.
    Hey! thank you so much for the reply! I appreciate your tips and advice!

Hello, just getting back into resto healing, I've been tanking since the end of wrath. I'm wondering about what haste break point I should go for. I'll be doing 10 mans, not sure if that makes a difference, and right now I don't think I have the gear for the high haste point, but when I do, should I go for it. I friend of mine who only does 10 mans says that I shouldn't worry about the higher haste break point, but everywhere I read it says when you can, you should.

My character's name for armory is Ainot - Sargeras, but I will soon be moving her to Hyjal

Thanks for any input

Ainot