Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your druid can EASILY reach the 13k haste breakpoint which is a much better. He also has too much spirit, IMO. He can go up in spirit with the weights im going to give if he's not comfortable, but generally you don't need that much. Yea, hes going to lose a ton of int, but the haste is worth it.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/6...0-483e2a60c61a (make sure you check your in game haste when you make these changes)

Next with logs, I can't help you very well with World of Logs. It's not as informative as Warcraft Logs where I can see the exact spell usage. WoL is not up to date any more and I wont be surprised if its completely dropped next expansion. If you click the link in my signature for analyzing a druid you can see the special graphs I can see while using WCL. All I can do it give some general comments on what I see with WoL.

Iron Juggernaut

Harmony uptime: 100% good.
    Lifebloom uptime: 99% good.

Swiftmend: 14 out of 20. This can be a little bit better, but the swiftmend usage is ok. The problem could be what he is using Soul of the Forest on (which is easer for me to see on Warcraft Logs.
    Wild Growth: looks like 21, kind of a guess with WoL, and I again can only guess that he missed 4 or 5 SotF on WG usage. It's important to use SotF on WG or tranq for the most part especially on a fight like Iron Jugg, theres just a lot of random damage that Wild Growth will just catch.

I can't see if he used the clearcasting procs correctly.
    I can't see if he used mushroom correctly.
    I cant see what spells he used during his meta gem proc.

He used 3 Nature's vigil, so thats good.
    Only 1 tranq, but the length of the fight probably means there was only one siege phase.
    1 nature's swiftness, I personally think this spell is amazing. It can top ANYONE off and its one of the only forms of single target burst healing we have.
    Ironbark 2 - this is good, could be used more to help with tanks, but if they aren't dying then w/e

Overall the log doesn't look TERRIBLE. Though his low healing output compared to the priest in a 10 man can be remedied by going to 13k haste.

Thok is more of the same.. Could be just a little bit better on swiftmend and maybe use the SotF better. Seems like hes using Bloom too much, its not that great when hes at max casting speed, better to let effo carry it through and use it to catch back up if you're behind.

If you want a better analysis you need to come back with Warcraft logs.

Thanks Krazy. I looked at your warcraft logs post. Very informative

Hey Ito, can you do me a favour and let me know your opinions on what to change with my druid setup. I'm running a little spirit heavy as I don't have the meta yet so I can't really get any free rejuvs off and it feels expensive over the course of the fight to keep spamming rejuvs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hhots/advanced

Darth

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Darth.

I won't be home until late tonight so I can't give a thorough look through. If you could post logs I can take a look at that as well later.

The best advice I can give you regarding spirit though, is simply deal with it. Force yourself down and just play around with your rejuvs usage. Learn the limits of how much you can cast. Mushroom and effo placement helps a lot more than some people think. Especially in 10m, bloom just tops half the raid.

Another thing about spirit is choosing good regrowth targets for your clearcasting. From making simple smarter target selections you find that you don't have to rejuv as often and can save it for a better target.

To conclude, really the best thing you can do is just force yourself down in spirit and deal with it. Just learn to pick your rejuvs targets and make them count. Go to about 14k or so spirit and just go up or down from there. You'll see the mastery helps make your hots stronger.

Alright, I hope to have the meta next week so I'll be dropping a quite a bit of spirit then. Right now I just switched to the 13k haste point so I'll post some warcraft logs after this Tuesdays raid. Still need to work out some weak auras. Druid is a nice change of pace from my monk/paly though been fun so far.

Darth

Deleted
    Quick question, what gems should I be using at ~540 ilvl? I'm staying at the 3k haste cap for now, and have been gemming int + mastery, but I see rdruids gemming full int in red sockets. Is that better?
    Also, so far I have no useful legendary items yet, it's my alt. I've just finished up the pvp part and will start collecting secrets this week!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elari/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been my opinion that int in red sockets is only good at lower gear levels. The higher you get (probably around 540-550) the less important intellect is in gems. Regardless, since you're going to use more yellow gems in the future, I would start now. Also, getting to the 13k breakpoint ASAP is always good. Just don't sacrifice a ton of int socket bonuses

Awesome guide, thank you

Deleted
    Hi

I recently re-rolled resto druid from the mistweaver monk I had been playing previously. As such I'm slightly lost, but after this weeks raid I was wondering if anyone has any advice about what to change, in either game play or gear.
    I recently changes to the 6652 haste breakpoint, after increasing my item level by 16 during my first raid as a resto druid in a VERY long time.

I'm pretty lost when it comes to resto druids, but I need to learn quite quick if I am to replace myself

Thanks

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s0bar05ikxtzxjpp/
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rwolf/advanced

(It's worth noting that my gear improved significantly, even from boss to boss due to upgrades.)

Quote Originally Posted by suiki View Post
    Hi

I recently re-rolled resto druid from the mistweaver monk I had been playing previously. As such I'm slightly lost, but after this weeks raid I was wondering if anyone has any advice about what to change, in either game play or gear.
    I recently changes to the 6652 haste breakpoint, after increasing my item level by 16 during my first raid as a resto druid in a VERY long time.

I'm pretty lost when it comes to resto druids, but I need to learn quite quick if I am to replace myself

Thanks

(It's worth noting that my gear improved significantly, even from boss to boss due to upgrades.)
    Hey Suiki!

Welcome to druid life its nice and "hot"... I did change from disc/holy priest to druid 2,5 year ago and still i think this class is interesting and there are lot of abilities what i could use more to help raid. Not as much as shamans do but still lot other than heal things witch can be helplfull to raid.

Few thing i noticed about youre gear: GET the 13k hastebreak poin ASAP. Youre gear level i enough, just change mastry gems to haste gems and reforge the point, remember to watch that prismatic prison trinket and do not reforge any more than is needed to reahc that 13163 haste breakpoint. Haste increases youre heals a lot. Give more ticts to reju (main heal) and other hots too, also it increases youre efflorence spell heals a lot and thats what heals a lot without doing anything.

also i suggest that you chage youre last talent form Natures Vigil to heart of the wild. Its just because if youre new to class you should choose as simply healing style as possible at start and focus main healing systems. Also Soul Of the Forest is great choise to most of the fights (besides Thok and maybe Iron juggernaut where incarnation is mandatary). use youre Swiftmend on CD with that you can keep up youre mastery buff allways (witch increases youre heals a lot). Blanket rejus as much as needed, remember that if there is bigdmg inc. you should pre hot few players if not someone will die cause 0,5s clobal is long to druids

You did have good uptime in youre harmony buffs (in youre IJ fight) also lifbloom was good, just blanget more rejus and bloom lot more shrooms. Its cheap and easy big heal, if theres no much dpsers in stack you should but shrooms to tanks and tank heal em with shrooms (blooming + efflo + reju + lifebloom is grea tank healing combo)...

All in all youre logs did look good more haste to youre gear and just simple some more practise to get used to druid healing...

I hope this was somekind of helpfull text.

-Namis Lightbringer EU

Hi,

Recently after 1,5 year break I decided to return to WoW. After taking a while to think about what to play i decided it would be awesome to play boomkin, unfortunate it was that gearing one is not easy unless your old guildes can boost you. As things were going i decided to give a shot to restoration spec. Currently raiding in one of my old guilds with ppl gearing/ doing normals. In these 3 weeks i managed to collect some loot and after reading some forums i feel i need some help to improve my playstyle.

There are few thins that i know i need to do:
    - get Power Auras for Harmony as i only track it with default buff for now - if i don't forget i think my uptime is quite good
    - get Power Auras for LifeBloom tracking - sometimes i just forget about it :S

As unlucky as i was using all coins on Blackfuse and other tier bosses I can't manage to get 4set, would help with squishing some more healing out. Currently I'm trying to:
    - reach 6K hastebreak point (probably will re-gem reforge when i get back home),
    - reach point where i can switch to int flask from spirit one(i think 13k spirit is what I'm looking for to feel ok)
    - I feel like i'm under performing compared to our other healer(holy pal) but that might be reason with his absorbs and ilvl
    - Is it worth upgrading gear from normal if i'm not getting capped with valors (not batter to keep it for hc/WF gear?
    - trying to do it as fast as possible to get legendary meta/back but it takes time and as lucky I'm buff is going to run out b4 i finish my 3k valor quest

Here is a link to logs that i have made and i think with each of them i'm slightly improving : http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/244916/
    here is a link to mine armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aurayas/simple

Would love some professional insight about how to become a better member of our druid nation.

Thanks for your time.

@ yazwa - don't bother with the 6k haste point. It's not worth it. Just stick to the 3043 or the 13163, whichever your gear will let you reach.

Also at your gear level (546), you should not be using int hybrid gems in yellow or blue sockets. 2 mastery or 2 haste > 1 int. So use straight up yellow gems in yellow sockets and green gems in blue (mastery or haste + spirit)

Looking at some of your kills, your lifebloom uptime and harmony uptime are a little lower than preferred; only around 75-80%. Ideally you want both of those up around 90-98% of the time. If you use swiftmend on CD, that should keep your harmony uptime closer to 100%.

Hey,

Thanks for fast reply. I manged to setup tellmewhen to track lifebloom and harmony, still i manage to forget about it sometimes but it will be better when i get used to watch these timers. Also I've changed gems to be closer to 3043(atm 3073 if i remember well) this bumped my mastery quite nicely.

I'm thinking about upgrading thok trinket coz util i get Hc one if i ever do it will be ages.

Deleted
    Incarnation - Situational, can be used as mana gain CD, a throughput CD, or an "oh shit" button.

Can someone explain to me how that talent can be "mana gain CD" ?

I am new to Resto Druids and I'm think I'll reroll for next expansion.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrovski View Post
    Incarnation - Situational, can be used as mana gain CD, a throughput CD, or an "oh shit" button.

Can someone explain to me how that talent can be "mana gain CD" ?

I am new to Resto Druids and I'm think I'll reroll for next expansion.
    Incarnation allows you to put Lifebloom on multiple people instead of being limited to 1 target. This gives you tons of Omen of Clarity procs, allowing you to cast without using mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted

Trinket help.

Hello everyone. I'm in need of some help. It's all about trinkets

Thing is, I'm starting to get pissed that my PPP trinket won't drop.. Didn't drop in Normal and does not simply drop in HC,
    killed him 4 times now! (Killed him plenty more in NM.)

So I have for some time tried to get it in Flex, but I have started to question myself about that.. Is it worth it or not?
    I will gain about 2.3k Mastery if I get PPP Flex non-upgraded.

Sorry, can't post links yet.
    This is my Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Mj%C3%B6lkspam/advanced

Here is my stats tho:

(Without PPP Flex)
    Haste: 13k breakpoint.
    Spirit: 13.5k (I try to cap at this)
    Mastery: 9.2k

(With PPP Flex non-upgraded. Will not upgrade a Flex trinket)
    Haste: 13k breakpoint.
    Spirit: 13.5k (As close as i can get)
    Mastery: 11.5k (2.3k increase)

My plan is to use the PPP with Thok's NM 4/4 upgraded (569 ilvl). I got Nazgrim's NM with 2/4 upgrade (561 ilvl).

But I'm lost.. don't know if it's worth it or not. My progress is 10/14 (This reset is the 5th week we're doing HC, Pride died Wed 2nd week.)
    So it's going fast forward.

Here is our logs if needed: worldoflogs.com/guilds/325582/calendar/08-14/

So what do you think? Should I forget the PPP Flex trinket or just go for it? // Mjölkspam

Deleted
    Hello there, I'm curious if the 4-set bonus is good enough to replace 1 warforged item. I do not have any problems healing at the moment.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...1tten/advanced

Deleted
    Hi guys.

Can anyone tell me if the 13k breakpoint is going to be viable for me at the moment? we are progressing with Spoils hc and dont know if the 6652 cap is better for me at the moment instead of the 3043 or 13167

I cant post my armory link cos i havent posted 5 times with this account but my characters name is Jín and I play on Al'Akir

hope someone can help me.

Many thanks in advance

@Mjolkspam. You probably won't notice the difference, so use whichever trinket you like. You want to upgrade it with heroic PPP oder DSD anyway. (Normal DSD is way better than normal Nazgrim or flex PPP).

@Jolty92. You don't want to lose the 4-set bonus for one warforged item. It's not super strong, but usually more than 1% of effective healing, which is way more than 6 item levels can give you.

@JinAlAkir: You never ever want to be at 6652 haste. Especially for Spoils, where you only have 5 players per side (so WG is not as effective). Go for 13k if you can manage it without losing socket bonuses, otherwise 3043. You should also reduce your spirit by at least 6000 (which will make it very easy to reach the 13k breakpoint). And remove those pure Intellect gems, you never ever want to use those.

Deleted
    Thanks. Then I wont bother getting flex PPP