Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.4 Return of World PvP - Kill Horde and Ally Regardless of Faction and Get Rewarded!

As mentioned in the title, on the Timeless Isle in 5.4 they will be introducing an item named http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102467 "Censer of Eternal Agony" Sacrifice 90% of maximum health to become an Emissary of Ordos. While transformed, you are hostile to all players, and killing players grants Bloody Coins. Can only be used on the Timeless Isle, and flags the user for PvP. (10 Min Cooldown) - This allows you to attack any flagged Horde or Alliance players that are within the Timeless Isle. Once you successfully kill a player you will be awarded with a Bloody Coin which can be handed in for items based on how many you have. It has some great potential but also possible side effects they haven't thought through. A more detailed video can be found on my channel.
    What's up Guys Syiler Here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvL...r9S7buOA_-Vr7Q!
    Guide and Info content Creator for WoW and other MMOs/RPGs

I have a feeling that's not going to make it to Live...
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Sounds interesting, I hope they fix it and make it useable in to live.

I don' know tbh, I mean if the server is balanced and you kill horde as ally then there is no problem. So why would being able to kill horde as horde be a problem? There are things like arena and Gurubashi that allow you to pit yourself against everyone and anyone. It allows those on highly populated Horde/Ally servers to get some PvP going on the new Isle
    What's up Guys Syiler Here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvL...r9S7buOA_-Vr7Q!

So in other words, the ultimate troll item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

If PvE gear wasn't superior to PvP gear I might had been excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    So in other words, the ultimate troll item.
    And this is why I don't think it'll make it to live.

In most PvP areas (excluding the Gurubashi arena), you have the comfort of knowing the folks in your faction will not attack you. With this, everybody in Timeless Island in a PvP realm will have to be on their toes. I don't think Blizzard is looking to turn their newest zone into a full-on deathmatch.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If PvE gear wasn't superior to PvP gear I might had been excited.
    Hmm that's a good point. They would have to scale gear similar to what they do in BG's for this to really work properly, but then the world bosses would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    And this is why I don't think it'll make it to live.

In most PvP areas (excluding the Gurubashi arena), you have the comfort of knowing the folks in your faction will not attack you. With this, everybody in Timeless Island in a PvP realm will have to be on their toes. I don't think Blizzard is looking to turn their newest zone into a full-on deathmatch.
    At least in places like the Gurubashi arena you're volunteering to potentially engage in PvP, whereas here someone can (assuming the comments I've read are accurate) force PvP on others. It shouldn't go live as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    At least in places like the Gurubashi arena you're volunteering to potentially engage in PvP, whereas here someone can (assuming the comments I've read are accurate) force PvP on others. It shouldn't go live as-is.
    Only on a PvP server would you be forced into PvP with others, if you are on a PvE server and someone has used this then as long as you don't flag yourself for PvP you are safe. While on a PvP server anyone is a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Syiler View Post
    Hmm that's a good point. They would have to scale gear similar to what they do in BG's for this to really work properly, but then the world bosses would be an issue.
    The world bosses are extremely easy and if you try to gank someone doing them their AoE will probably kill you. Scale PvE down or PvP up.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Syiler View Post
    Only on a PvP server would you be forced into PvP with others, if you are on a PvE server and someone has used this then as long as you don't flag yourself for PvP you are safe. While on a PvP server anyone is a target.
    The way I read the comments (particularly the top comment) is that once you use it, you can attack anyone, and everyone can attack you. If the former is true, then nobody has an opt-out ability (except for staying away from the new content being provided with the patch...which I highly doubt is Blizzard's goal). If not, then I see no problem with the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also sounds like you'll only have 10% of your maximum health, so you probably won't be much of a threat to anyone who fights back anyway.

Does that put you at 10% of your hp permanently while under the effect?

For the record, it doesn't let you gank same faction players on a PVE server at least when I saw someone doing it, maybe if you flag yourself

I saw a blood dk with it and he was able to solo Wrathion, Emperor Shaohao etc

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    For the record, it doesn't let you gank same faction players on a PVE server at least when I saw someone doing it, maybe if you flag yourself
    As long as that's true, the item is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It also sounds like you'll only have 10% of your maximum health, so you probably won't be much of a threat to anyone who fights back anyway.
    I was under the impression that it would work like life tap or sacrifical pact, you lose that HP but it can be healed back. Else this item is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well you can get the HP back once you use it, just need to use the item in a safe location and then regen the HP through what ever method you can. P.S can I add the video to the main post? Contains a bit more info and show it in action along with the rewards you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Video he was referring for more info to was: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5qfpkh3ae4

The item gives you bloody coins when you kill players, and when you get 500 coins you can buy an exclusive mount, the Ashhide Mushan Beast

For just one coin you can buy a consumable, Black Ash:

Use: Coats the enemy in ash, reducing healing taken by 90% for 10 sec. Only usable on the Timeless Isle.

Or.....once you're flagged to your same faction you will only be able to attack the same faction after being attacked by them....or.....only those who have been transformed will be able to attack eachother. Or maybe it is exactly what it says, you basically turn into a 3rd faction who's hostile to everybody and there for it's a free for all. It is no different then being attacked by the other faction when out in the world, in this case it will just be the same faction.

Much ado about nothing.