Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Agreed. The CEO wouldn't be rewarded for the quality of the game. Rather the profits that he leads the company to make. Even if the quality of the game is clearly worse, in my opinion (just for you SSniper), that most of the time doesn't mean that they make less money.

Kind of like Justin Bieber/Nicki Minaj have more fans, and make more money than serious artists. Their music is retarded (in my opinion), but they still make more money. Probably because most of the world is also retarded (in my opinion).
    Quality has always taken a back seat to profit and marketing. That is the way a majority of businesses are managed (at least the really successful ones are run that way).

If you guys really cared about CEO compensation, there are way better targets for your rage. There are CEOs out there that have run strong companies into the ground destroying the firms value and throwing people out of work who get awarded with crazy pay. Raging about the pay of the CEO of a very profitable firm who makes popular games that you don't personally like is small potatoes by comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    "Here blizzard take my money and do your own thing gurl"
    You are paying the hire an account to play on, anything beyond that is out of your control. And you agreed to this when making making the account that you hire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    And following a link on the same website I get

http://beta.fool.com/rupert93/2013/07/22/a/39375/

Call of Duty, Warcraft, Starcraft: What's Not to Love About This Company?

It's like there is two different people with two different opinions about the same subject....Shocking!
    That.... confused me.. As Blizzard doesn't have anything to do with Call of Duty...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You are paying the hire an account to play on, anything beyond that is out of your control. And you agreed to this when making making the account that you hire.
    Pretty much a simple answer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    If you guys really cared about CEO compensation, there are way better targets for your rage. There are CEOs out there that have run strong companies into the ground destroying the firms value and throwing people out of work who get awarded with crazy pay. Raging about the pay of the CEO of a very profitable firm who makes popular games that you don't personally like is small potatoes by comparison.
    Indeed, heard about a CEO that got given a raise which basicly became the death of the company 3 months later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    You've paid for the game but being an MMO there is more to pay for then just design and updates... Not like blizzard owns the servers, nope they rented from AT&T last I heard).

I'm pretty sure that crap isn't cheap either... but I pray not 1.4billion a year... really hope I counted all those 0's correctly before I get corrected...
    They, actually do own their servers. And now and then they auction away blades from the system that has been changed out for upgrades. Though, few of their buildings are rented. Some staff is outsourced (cleaning, building maintenance, cantine personel and such)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More like trying to plant the seed of doubt into peoples head about what their money is actually doing. You know in the thread titled "where all our subscription money goes"

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I call blind allegiance. If you can't answer a simple question outside "it's the rules" there is nothing to discuss further.
    There's always people wanting to throw a black ball in the stack to see how people react.. sadly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That.... confused me.. As Blizzard doesn't have anything to do with Call of Duty...
    Call of Duty is Activision right? So part of Activision/Blizzard. That's the connection you missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Just think of what the government does with your taxes.
    Yup, that is even worse than what your subscription -might- go to.. I mean, your tax even pays for buildings you wont even see, items you never even know about. And so on.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Maybe not directly, but Blizzard's mother company is Activision-Blizzard and they are gaining the profit from Call of Duty
    The Herald of Horror - Act 2 intro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwjNGSsHVM

Deleted
    Good article, he obviously *gets* it as do so many. Game was once great and they just turned it into the giant mess it is now where most just quit and wonder what happened. It's ok not to like change but vote with your wallets. If I could roll back, I'd go either vanilla, AQ onwards or a few months into TBC. Wotlk was wonderful at the start and had its charms but they basically killed the whole of Northrend and made everything a trip from Dalaran to Icecrown and portals and lfg buttons to here and there. Shame, huge shame.

I believe they will pull the game back from the brink in the next expansion though, they have no choice. They are in big trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Call of Duty is Activision right? So part of Activision/Blizzard. That's the connection you missed.
    Still not the same. Post says "World of Warcraft", that's Blizzard. Call of Duty is Activision. Blizzard and Activision has no connection to each others product, except for the profit they share in the end.

That is why I don't see a connection at all, except for maybe if they gave you money back, you would maybe recieve a few cent that might have touched the others account.

Still not the same. Post says "World of Warcraft", that's Blizzard. Call of Duty is Activision. Blizzard and Activision has no connection to each others product, except for the profit they share in the end.

That is why I don't see a connection at all, except for maybe if they gave you money back, you would maybe recieve a few cent that might have touched the others account.

If you read the link that the person you quoted had, you would see it was about Activision/Blizzard. Also, the post in the OP talked about Activision/Blizzard. It was not isolated to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentess View Post
    Maybe not directly, but Blizzard's mother company is Activision-Blizzard and they are gaining the profit from Call of Duty
    Yes, I can agree to their merge deal does. But really, can't agree to a connection as they don't even share views. They do throw a bone to each other, and the profit. But nothing more. The whole deal is that they are two companies, supporting each other, nothing more except sharing money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    If you read the link that the person you quoted had, you would see it was about Activision/Blizzard. Also, the post in the OP talked about Activision/Blizzard. It was not isolated to WoW.
    Tends to always be during these threads, so.. Normal reaction in the end.

Geez I better stop playing and paying for this game I enjoy cause I don't like this strangers salary.

Are you jealous of his paycheck or do you just only have fun with things when you approve of their internal economy?

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Are you jealous of his paycheck or do you just only have fun with things when you approve of their internal economy?
    I think it's a simple case of "ignorance is bliss". Some people just can't handle the truth :P

The reality is that many people would get pretty bummed when they see where money really goes in large organizations (governments and charities included). When they are throwing away millions/billions of dollars while many folks are scrambling for enough to pay rent - it can get frustrating.

I generally don't care how much a company decides to pay it's CEO, I just hate to see the CEO's making more and more each year while the average worker's pay stays the same (or is actually getting lower and lower due to inflation).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, people needs a payment to survive too. Of course, there's bonuses now and then and can't be denied. It's sort of a good business way to keep spirit up too.

Reading this thread along many others on MMOChamp just show that there are a lot of young people in for some harsh realities when they actually get into the real working world.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    CEOs work their entire life to earn their positions and deserve every penny they of their salaries.
    Except when their daddies give them the job after paying for their spoiled lifestyle for their young life, and no amount of incompetance ever gets them fired or bankrupt.

Seriously, do people actually think all CEO's are hard working? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    CEOs work their entire life to earn their positions and deserve every penny they of their salaries.
    CEOs who are good at their jobs and keep their companies profitable do. But CEOs are allowed to fail, ruining companies, get the golden parachute and get a new job as CEO somewhere else.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Seriously, do people actually think all CEO's are hard working? Give me a break.
    With maybe very few exceptions, a CEO's life is not exactly a walk in the park, no.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    I liked leveling and questing in Vanilla, your character was a lot weaker so you had to really make sure your pulls were accurate, saving cooldowns for when you pull more than 1 mob, upgrading your gear often because gear from quests were kinda rare, etc.

I liked it a lot more than the current brainless, Go to A, finish task B, gain levels. It takes no effort leveling now, only time. It's boring.
    And here you are with nearly 10 years of experience.
    You are in no position to judge that.
    In fact I am not sure anybody can make that comparison fairly, unless they disappeared during vanilla and only started playing again during MoP.
    Does that describe you ? I doubt it.