Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't really care about.. anything anyone has said in this thread.. it is essentially the same forum post I've been ignoring since 2007, but when it comes to the discussion of Blizzard and where Blizzard puts its money, why does no one ever, ever, consider the fucking power bill they must have to pay? They run how many computers and servers world wide 24/7? Holy shit! Not to mention the ENTIRETY of Blizzard's staff that need wages. You have the dev team in California, sure. But then you have GM's, maintenance crews, cleaners, cooks, marketers, artists, representatives, the upper brass, the lower brass; they have to cover legal costs, flights, accommodations, hardware, software, furnishings, rents, leases, the list goes on. Every single little thing that Blizzard does costs, as it does with everything else in this world of ours, money. Blizzard|Activision is a GLOBAL COMPANY, (they're not just based in the U.S.A., you know?). If you subscribe to WoW thinking that every single dollar spent playing that game goes directly towards development, you are one sad, delusional individual that needs to desperately grow the fuck up.

B-b-but, $15 a month with millions of subscribers!

Oh, fuck off. Clearly you have no sense of value. The more money you earn, the more money you lose. And if you're not recouping those losses somehow? Well, that's when you get washed up celebrities hocking their junk on eBay.

And as for this CEO business? Jesus, I'm not even going to go there. Do you people have any idea what it's like to be the CEO of a company like that? Is he happy with his life? NO! He's destroying himself! It's a self deprecating game these people play, and that's why they earn so much money. Because it's either that or an assisted suicide.

Also - as a person who has been playing WoW since 2006, I'm going to let you all in on a little secret... WoW hasn't changed a single fucking bit since release. It's exactly the same. The exact same shit with every patch, the exact same shit with every expansion. WoW has not changed. You have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by 600 Blizzard Employees Laid Off - February 2012
    "Constant evaluation of teams and processes is necessary for the long-term health of any business. Over the last several years, we've grown our organization tremendously and made large investments in our infrastructure in order to better serve our global community. However, as Blizzard and the industry have evolved we've also had to make some difficult decisions in order to address the changing needs of our company," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Knowing that, it still does not make letting go of some of our team members any easier. We're grateful to have had the opportunity to work with the people impacted by today's announcement, we're proud of the contributions they made here at Blizzard, and we wish them well as they move forward."
    Hmmm. Feeling nostalgic indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Enough with all these QQ threads with what blizzard does with their money, just enjoy the game you play.
    Let blizzard do their own thing.
    Lol, speak for yourself please. Everytime I buy a game fullprice (and in this case even worse, including a monthly sub and all expansion sets) I see it as some small investment and consider it as nothing more than normal (if the game succes ofcourse) that some amount of all the money they gained will be put into future projects. I think it's really bad if you had your money as a big gaming company and then just quit making games, if some individuals want to quit because they've gained enough money or for some other reason, it's their choice. But for all we know Blizzard has invested a small amount of their money (or our money, whatever!) into Titan and let's hope it will be good and suit our next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    No you have no clue. Vanilla and TBC is as good as this game got. Ofcourse if you haven't played or if you are the mouth breathing kind you won't know.
    If Mop was the original world of warcraft and then 7-8 years later they released what was Vanilla WOW I think we'd be seeing a lot more complaints about the decline of WOW than we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    You've paid for the game but being an MMO there is more to pay for then just design and updates... Not like blizzard owns the servers, nope they rented from AT&T last I heard).

I'm pretty sure that crap isn't cheap either... but I pray not 1.4billion a year... really hope I counted all those 0's correctly before I get corrected...
    "More to pay" the 15$ a month, plus the cost of buying the games most definitely covers any expenses and considering they were working on a project for years and then just shredded it to start over, yeah they're just dandy on money. Have you seen their company areas? Yeah, thanks. Shut the fuck up retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Blizzard has a lifelike statue of a orc in front of their building. I really could care less what they do with their money at this point.
    Kinda... This. Honestly.
    Why do you care what they're doing if they're still pushing out updates?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    More like trying to plant the seed of doubt into peoples head about what their money is actually doing. You know in the thread titled "where all our subscription money goes"

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I call blind allegiance. If you can't answer a simple question outside "it's the rules" there is nothing to discuss further.
    WOW 8000 posts !! Thats whot I cal a succesfull TROLL!!

I'm pretty sure Blizzard was in debt when they first started. I actually liked their games back then, so... this might be a good thing?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw you a bone

Why do you have to pay to get access to the game? You already bought the game so why do you have to pay again?

Because a company is there to make a profit.

- - - Updated - - -

More like trying to plant the seed of doubt into peoples head about what their money is actually doing. You know in the thread titled "where all our subscription money goes"

My money is going into their pockets. Do I care? No.