Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Oh thank god! No more Harvest Life AoE!

Harvest Life is being redone. Now increases damage on Drain Life by 50% and healing by 150%.
    That means that we will no longer see new warlocks spamming Harvest Life as their only AoE. That bothered me for AGES!
    I only do LFR, and I see alot of locks using that for their AoE. Whenever I told them how to do their appropriate AoE rotation, most of them just answer with "Harvest life is fine AoE damage". Which it really isn't!

Well, also. Will this be time to consider using Harvest Life as a talent for soloing or even for raiding in general? Or will Soul Leech(Destro) and Dark Regen still be better?

I never drain life in raids. Cant say i see the reason for the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I never drain life in raids. Cant say i see the reason for the change.
    this is a massive buff for pvp.

people will come in saying dark regen is still better.. but 150% + dmg increase + 30% MORE glyphed is bananas. welcome to cata.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Harvest Life. I used it IN ADDITION to all my AOE. Just because Newbs didnt know how to use it shouldn't be a factor in it's ability. Otherwise Hunters would have lost a LOT of spells a long time ago :P And Mages lol.

I quit playing a couple months ago but I LOVED playing my Lock with Harvest life in doing quests. Drop my AOE bomb and kill those 10 in about 30 secs. Looks like I have even less of a reason to come back .

Daw, I loved that. I dunno why, but I always felt like a Sith Lord, force choking and draining life from multiple targets
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I like the idea of making drain life powerful again, it was becoming a crap spell not many were using. Still not sure that it'll tower over dark regen/glyphed healthstone.. at least if it's viable it'll give us a non cd healing option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved that spell on my warlock >:|

It's great filler aoe when you can't be in melee ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, but... harvest life is awesome.. =/
    For single target it looks like a nice buff, especially for PvP and soloing. But I loved the AoE concept. Also it looked and felt badass.

Drain life should really not be channeled though, make it like good old siphon life - a DoT, but nerf it and give it dispel protection.
    I don't think it will stay in it's current form though, it's a bit too good I think, especially combined with the glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    For single target it looks like a nice buff, especially for PvP and soloing. But I loved the AoE concept. Also it looked and felt badass.

Drain life should really not be channeled though, make it like good old siphon life - a DoT, but nerf it and give it dispel protection.
    I don't think it will stay in it's current form though, it's a bit too good I think, especially combined with the glyph.
    When you think of the amount of interrupts in pvp its actually not that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point, I don't give it much thought since I don't actively PvP. Even more reason to make it a DoT of some sort with dispel protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Daw, I loved that. I dunno why, but I always felt like a Sith Lord, force choking and draining life from multiple targets
    Yep. I loved Harvest Life on my lock, especially the look. And running it together with Hellfire while in Meta or DA was just a blast. This wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but still sad to see it go.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved doing harvest life this was just a disappointment =/ well for me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I like the idea of making drain life powerful again, it was becoming a crap spell not many were using. Still not sure that it'll tower over dark regen/glyphed healthstone.. at least if it's viable it'll give us a non cd healing option.
    yea hard to say how it will work out.. against any dot comp ill be taking it tho.

i think as it is.. if you glyph it / siphon / UA you'll be fine w/o healthstone.. and thats 30% more on top of the 150% .. so effectively like 45% more on the base, will be pretty good.

guess work math.. assuming its 150% increase and not multipled by 1.5:

right now it ticks in world on ptr glyphed for about 19-20K...so lets say talented it would be 50k [uhm this might be low because i added the 30% to the original number unstead of the number after 150% inc..but whatever.. just for an idea.] - (battle fatigue [45% or~22.5k]) = 27-28k in arena.

i think with 20% haste we get like.. 5-6 ticks so a full channel would be around 160 - 170k.. and if you dark soul and or shadow burn it .. it's pretty good for a channel man. lol

the downside is you lose some dmg obv from not using MG during that so i wonder what the spread would be between the new DL dmg MG.. prolly a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    it's not that hard to keep track of them tbh. pretty easy to juke em out and anyone that knows what their doing isn't just interrupting random stuff. you can find windows for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post

you dont really need more dispel protection that what UA gives.. UA gives all your spells dispel protection. i know the other specs don't have it.. but giving it dispel protection is not a great idea unless that protection is refunding HP on dispel and that's it.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-24 at 05:50 PM.

Before it's damage was stealth nerfed in 5.2, Harvest Life actually wasn't that horrible of an AoE

I didn't use it for damage in raids. I used it to help build demonic fury or health fast, on large groups of adds. That it did it did a little bit of damage was incidentally a little nice. Of course, I'm not great at my warlock, but I'm sure I'll adapt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    it's not that hard to keep track of them tbh. pretty easy to juke em out and anyone that knows what their doing isn't just interrupting random stuff. you can find windows for sure.
    Except that you still wont be able to drain tank anyone actually hitting you and the effect of the healing is so small in comparision to a healer topping you up that it really isint going to be that strong, the interrupts are just the icing on the cake.

If your math is right and it's in the 25-30k/tick, it will actually be viable against certain comps. Will be nice to have some of those self-sustain tools again: pillar with a pet and use DL to stay alive, spell lock a caster and DL the tick dmg, juke a non-CD solo melee and face tank for a few seconds, etc.

Even without glyphing HS though, not sure there's gonna room to glyph DL - new Dark Soul glyph / new UE glyph are gonna be pretty important for some of our better comps (esp RLX and MLX since you're gonna have awesome openers and a second burst dmg window 1 min later). Choice is a good thing for sure - just hope we don't feel obligated to go all survivability with those choices, because we're too squish (worried about that still).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well crap. HATE this change, like seriously. I loved Harvest Life in Affliction while soloing or doing old content. Seed of C is way too slow in set up, and Rain of Fire is much too localised and only does a crappy bit of damage in Affliction. But with Harvest Life I could run around, get several new mobs that I pulled tagged. It was perfect for old content to just do a quick Harvest Life on trash packs and pull/tag/kill them while not going down in health at the same time.

There are TONS of short lived AoE mobs in the game, especially while solo, that are damn near impossible with Affliction with the tools we have, but Harvest Life gave us at least something to use in those circumstances. I mean ugh, when I think of Sap FLies and tiny spiders, and Sprites, and those Training Monks and all the other stuff that I used Harvest Life for and will now have to use Seed of C for I'm ready to punch a wall.

Worst thing is I have no clue why this was overpowered in anyway that it needed to be nerfed from the glorious green draining web of doom to a single target spell that STILL heals for a shit ton.

While the effect looked awesome the talent was useless compared to the other two in the tier. I still see soul leech being better even with its cap. I hate how the current talent system is supposed to give you exciting new abilities to choose from. Nothing says excitement like a passive buff to an awful ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Except that you still wont be able to drain tank anyone actually hitting you and the effect of the healing is so small in comparision to a healer topping you up that it really isint going to be that strong, the interrupts are just the icing on the cake.
    it's a substitute for a healer.. that wasnt the point.