Some questions about horridon HC.

So, my guild is getting ready to give a few tries on horridon in about an hour and I have no idea whats the best way to deal with the direhorn spirit.

I'm just gonna list a few questions so its easier to respond.

1. What are the best glyphs for the fight?
    2. How important is it for me to dispel curses and should I use the glyph of remove curse?
    3. Do dots knockback the direhorn spirit? What about pets?(I'm frost)
    4. Can you slow or freeze him?
    5. Should I go with greater invisibility to dispel the poison on the second door?
    6. Anything you'd like to add to help a fella mage out?

1. Normal frost glyphs
    2. Remove curses always if you want to help your guild kill it faster. I don't use the glyph but you probably can.
    3. Only the application of the dot knocks it back, ticks don't. Water elemental bolt will knock it back every cast it does, so it's good to set it up on the direhorn sometimes.
    4. No.
    5. Absolutely not. Popping invis makes you lose your direhorn if you have it on you and it goes to someone else, but they won't know. A good way to wipe the raid.
    6. Dot up everything, focus the main add at each door (venom priests, frozen warlords, etc). Shouldn't be that hard.

If fire:

1. Glyph of Combustion & pick from Glyph of Evocate, Glyph of Inferno Blast, Glyph of Armors (probably armors & inferno blast)
    2. You should definitely dispel as many curses as you can - not doing it just puts added stress on healers. Don't take the glyph. An easy to use addon to decurse is called Decursive (well I like it anyway).
    3. Use Nether Tempest, because there are lots of adds. Use the macro I've typed below to knock your direhorn spirit back - you do not need to face it if you are using NT to knock it back

/tar direhorn spirit
    /cast nether tempest
    /targetlasttarget

4. Nup
    5. Never. What Jaylol said. Use Cauterize.
    6. Dot everything - don't fluff on the boss. Pillar one of the main adds to bust and spread it to other adds. **2nd main adds on each door are generally good ones to bust, because you get that add and the 3rd main add. Last phase build a ridiculous bust on Horridon before Jalak comes out and spread a mega bust onto Jalak. Use Ice Barrier liberally, don't take unnecessary damage.

I just wanted to chime in here on the Greater Invis part. They fixed that ages ago. I use Greater Invis on this fight and the Direhorn still follows me while I'm invisible . It is quite useful when you get an add on you or when you want to dispel the poison as OP was asking. So yes, Greater Invis is viable and imo, is the best option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold snap/ice block lets you remove any of the debuffs including the bleed and lets you fix your dino if you glitch him.

Try both and just pick what you like better.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Greater Invis is also great for Dire Calls/Bestial Cries.

Deleted
    juddalenko he clearly stated he was frost -.- ..

Methusula nice find, never saw anything about that fix, and never dared trying to use invis =)

@OP Use your pet to knockback the pink ¤%&%¤¤#! ! will make your life so much easier. You can use this macro:

/petpassive
    /target Direhorn Spirit
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

Just press the macro when dino is close, let your pet attack the dino till its far away, and then Bind your pet attack(or pet assist is properly easier) so you can get a little dps on adds/boss when the dino is on the other side of the room.

As for the knockback mechanic it self you can only knock back the dino if it is not already being knock backed(being in the air), so if you try another spec at some point, remember to not use 2x dots in a row to knock it back as ICD is shorter than the knockback, so you would need to press the DoT macro(as juddalenko posted) then cast 1 spell on boss/adds and then macro again. If you just spam it, your effectively just waisting 50% of your gcd's while trying.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    juddalenko he clearly stated he was frost -.- ..
    Thanks forum police.

Deleted
    Just a quick note on using the elemental for direhorn pushback: at a point the add can start evading your attacks, all of them. Reasons are not really clear, maybe being pushed out of the arena at certain gate points. There was discussion about this somewhere, just don't forget to call back the WE time and again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juddalenko View Post
    Thanks forum police.
    well better that, than posting without reading the OPs thread?... pointless.

Ylyena i think its caused by the direhorn getting pushed so far away that it disappear as a registered target for a short duration until it walks its way back in range. The general rule i used was just if i cant see the direhorn just put the pet on assist, will be a good dps increase, and every time you move gate you automatically get some distance to it any way, so there is no reason waisting too much of your WEs dps.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    well better that, than posting without reading the OPs thread?... pointless.
    Obviously read OPs thread - people do change specs dependent of fight.....

It's okay mate, keep moderating...such a key ingredient to a forums success is having self appointed chefs.

Shameless plug lol

http://realmlast.com/index.php/forum...tot-mage-guide

A guide to heroic ToT that I wrote up, should help with a lot of your problems.

Just make sure to stagger your dps cd's on each door like a good dps should and you'll be fine

I would recommend the Nether Tempest option mainly because if your not on the ball with tracking your elemental it can knock it through a wall and cause it to bug out.

Also on the final phase you can position the direhorn spirit to be under the boss then just toss out a NT on it for cleave onto the boss which is a nice dps increase.

Regarding the Greater Invis when we were learning the fight about a month back i had my direhorn spirit disappear when using it, it only happened once, but for me and for my guild it was once to many and i haven't used it since.

p.s. Also dotting everything is a overall dps increase if your a 25man'er go to town, but if your your a 10man'er and the healers are having trouble or people are dying you might want focus more on the main adds especially on the last 2 doors since the adds are pretty spread out.

p.p.s. While progressing horridon shouldn't even be touched by dps unless all the adds are dead OR it's a shadow priest fishing for procs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pangya View Post

1. What are the best glyphs for the fight?
    2. How important is it for me to dispel curses and should I use the glyph of remove curse?
    3. Do dots knockback the direhorn spirit? What about pets?(I'm frost)
    4. Can you slow or freeze him?
    5. Should I go with greater invisibility to dispel the poison on the second door?
    6. Anything you'd like to add to help a fella mage out?
    1. Personally I stick with Water Elemental, Ice Lance, Evocation
    2. Very important, especially on 10HC (less decursers). Just decurse on cooldown, till all are decursed. No, you should not Glyph for it (imo)
    3. Dot's don't knockback the spirit, except for the first impact.
    4. I assume the "him" is the Direhorn Spirit? In that case no. The only adds you can slow/freeze are the minor adds on the first door (Ring of Frost is useful there as well)
    5. Yes, greater invis is very nice for that part. Also useable for panic moments later on in the fight.
    6. Use DPS cooldowns on doors 1 and 3 (especially 3). Everything should be up for the part where you face Horridon and the other guy. I would suggest blazing speed as talent, to quickly get out of the raid once you get targeted by Horridon for the swipe, so you can blink back as soon as Horridon is casting it. Furthermore, NT is pretty nice to have. Don't worry too much about DPS. Horridon isn't really a great fight for frostmages, since it's a lot of target swapping and we continously need to get those frostbolt debuff up to 3 to max out DPS. Keep your Frost Bomb for every door for when 2 balcony adds (the big ones) spawn so you can cleave DPS. You can use pet nova at the first door on the small adds, to gain 2 FoF stacks a few times, to use on the big ones. Use your counterspell on either interrupting adds (poison f.ex) or the heal from the Dinomancers. If you have been targeted by the Direhorn, try to position yourself so that whatever you are killing (adds mostly) is inbetween you and the Direhorn. It will result in you having to worry less about the Direhorn, as it gets cleaved by Icelances when it gets in range of whatever it is you are killing. Don't push it tho, safety first. Posters above me advised to use the pet to DPS the Direhorn. I don't like that. I rather use an instant spell of my own and keep the pet on whatever target I have. If you use Icelance (f.ex) on the Direhorn, make sure that you wait a mere second before casting a second one to knockback the pink dino. Otherwise you'll waste a GCD cause the Direhorn is still knocking back from the first Ice lance and the second one won't have any effect. (just try it once, to see what I mean).

Anyhow, hope you'll get it. Thumbs up, it's a tough fight

Quote Originally Posted by awildpidgeyappears View Post
    Greater Invis is also great for Dire Calls/Bestial Cries.
    G Invis is a great talent, but by no means all that useful for this. Temporal Shield works just as well (if not better because of the significantly shorter cooldown) if your HP is fine.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I stole this nice little macro somewhere:

/petpassive [nomod]
    /target <Insert add name here>
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget
    /petassist [mod:shift]

If you hit it, your pet will go for the add. If you hit it in combination with shift it will go back to pet assist I totally hate Fire on this boss and would suggest that everyone should go Frost on the First kill, because it takes out a lot of stress on this very stressfull and hectic fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the short version of the macro:

/petpassive [nomod]
    /petattack Direhorn Spirit
    /petassist [mod:shift]

Keejo's wall of text in his post is a good explanation of everything you can do. I would also add use mirrors and frozen orb on the pull then just use mirrors on cd and frozen orb with icy veins and AT on the pair of wastewalkers, the first frozen warlord and jalak. I also like to evocate after the first venom priest to prevent invoker's energy falling off halfway through killing the 2 venom priests.

I still think cold snap>greater invis since you can immune dire call/bestial cry later and you can help clear any the debuffs and especially the double bleed if you're unlucky enough to get it.

As soon as you kill it a few times its much easier as you can swap to just multi-dotting everything rather then focusing adds so hard.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory