Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Few People from my High School were arrested for robbing a quadriplegic man...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...artner=nbcnews

Oh and possibly attempting to kill him.

WELP.

I knew the 2 that went to my high school and, frankly... I can't say I'm surprised that they'd do something robbery related eventually. They weren't really the good type of person to hang around. I'm sickened that they'd try to kill a quadriplegic man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...artner=nbcnews

Oh and possibly attempting to kill him.

WELP.

I knew the 2 that went to my high school and, frankly... I can't say I'm surprised that they'd do something robbery related eventually. They weren't really the good type of person to hang around. I'm sickened that they'd try to kill a quadriplegic man.
    Well to stealfrom a quadriplegic is one thing ... easy target.

Juliano was armed with a knife and tried to kill the man as he slept in his wheelchair, according to investigators. Police say his accomplices stopped him however and they fled the scene.
    Kudos to those 3 others that had some common sense and didnt let him do this shit.

Kyle Krosnodomskie,Mohamed Abdelfatah, Mark Halcomb Jr.
    Thiefes but stood up to prevent a Homicide.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-07-24 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    It is disturbing when people you know turn bad, even if you kind of expect it.

The one with the knife did go to my school as did one of the others who stopped him. I've never heard of the others though.

15+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* sick and twisted people in this world. Though I suppose criminals will be criminals, and commit crimes, and the easier the target, the easier their "job"

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    If your morals are distorted enough to want to rob somebody, why would they want to take on something that could possibly defend themselves.
    It doesn't make it "worse" that they robbed a crippled man, stealing is pretty bad as it is.
    Sort of reminds me of that question they would ask you in school. "What's worse stealing $1 or $100 dollars?", to which kids almost always give an unanimous, "$100!". And then the children are asked, "Which is worse, stealing $1 from a homeless man or $100 from a millionaire?".

Strafing from that, those are some deplorable young kids. Anyone willing to make a quadriplegic man's life even worse has to be scumiest of scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your morals are distorted enough to want to rob somebody, why would they want to take on something that could possibly defend themselves.
    It doesn't make it "worse" that they robbed a crippled man, stealing is pretty bad as it is.
    no but trying to kill him while he slept made it way worse...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sort of reminds me of that question they would ask you in school. "What's worse stealing $1 or $100 dollars?", to which kids almost always give an unanimous, "$100!". And then the children are asked, "Which is worse, stealing $1 from a homeless man or $100 from a millionaire?".

Strafing from that, those are some deplorable young kids. Anyone willing to make a quadriplegic man's life even worse has to be scumiest of scum.
    No one sin (crime) is greater than another. Stealing $10.00 is stealing $10.00, regardless of who it is from.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a bunch of jerks. Glad I don't live in your high school district.

Inb4 NRA: "Quadriplegics need voice activated lasers that shoot from their eyes for self-defense!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    What a bunch of jerks. Glad I don't live in your high school district.

Inb4 NRA: "Quadriplegics need voice activated lasers that shoot from their eyes for self-defense!"
    I'm completely fine with this. They should have every right to defend themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    I'm completely fine with this. They should have every right to defend themselves.
    The activation word could be "high five". Removes the threats posed to quadriplegics and people who still ask for a high five. Two birds... One gun...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No one sin (crime) is greater than another. Stealing $10.00 is stealing $10.00, regardless of who it is from.
    I disagree; I think consequences should be considered. Stealing $10 from a man who only has $10 and will starve without that money is worse than stealing $10 from someone rich. You only stole $10 in either case, but the consequences of your action is different for each individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

No one sin (crime) is greater than another.
    I'm going to argue murder is in fact a greater crime than stealing ten dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hope they don't have tourettes!
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I disagree; I think consequences should be considered. Stealing $10 from a man who only has $10 and will starve without that money is worse than stealing $10 from someone rich. You only stole $10 in either case, but the consequences of your action is different for each individual.
    From a social acceptance standpoint sure. But stealing $1,000 from someone with $1000 or someone with $10000000000 is still the exact same crime, statute and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I'm going to argue murder is in fact a greater crime than stealing ten dollars.
    I was talking about mirroring. Murdering a murderer is the same as murdering the president. Murder is murder. Theft is theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Just hope they don't have tourettes!
    We would have to make sure that the trigger word was nothing they would be inclined to randomly blurt out then haha!
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2013-07-25 at 02:53 AM.

I was talking about mirroring. Murdering a murderer is the same as murdering the president. Murder is murder. Theft is theft.
    It came across (probably due to the 'sin' comment) as more of a anything bad is equivalent kind of thing.

Although I'd disagree with your above point as well, the legal system itself recognises differences in severity e.g. first, second and third degree murder, and further considers circumstances and impact in sentencing.

It does make it worse. Simply put: If your situation is so that you need to rob someone in order to feed yourself, then you need to sob someone who can afford it. Most quadriplegic people cannot really afford it... Plus their helpless position in such a situation will cause severe emotional trauma. Basically: If you need to do harm because of your situation, you should take steps to minimize that harm as much as possible.

If you WANT to rob someone, you're probably already morally ruined, and have some serious issues... If you're a person like that, you'll go after the helpless, intent on causing harm (rather than gaining the resources you need). It is, then, indicative of an 'evil' mind, and that is what makes it inherently worse.
    From a social acceptance standpoint sure. But stealing $1,000 from someone with $1000 or someone with $10000000000 is still the exact same crime, statute and all.
    And this is why legality does not equal morality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    It came across (probably due to the 'sin' comment) as more of a anything bad is equivalent kind of thing.

Although I'd disagree with your above point as well, the legal system itself recognises differences in severity e.g. first, second and third degree murder, and further considers circumstances and impact in sentencing.
    Please stop making me feel the need to explain 100%.

Premeditated murder is the same, no matter who you kill.
    Manslaughter it the same, no matter who you kill.

Now can we stop beating this horse to death?

Equal crimes are equal, regardless of the victim.

False equivalency.
    Death is 100% reduced life. 10 dollars of 1000 dollars is a 1% reduced wealth. Therefore, all murders are the same regardless of the victim, but not all 1 dollar thefts are the same. Morally speaking. Which is not the same as legally.

And I disagree. The courts disagree. They take circumstances and impact into account in sentencing for example. That would not occur if every murder was precisely the same.

It's ridiculous to say that the murder of say your child's rapist is the same as murdering the President. Although both would fall under first degree murder, they would likely receive very different sentences.