Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    OP said it was in one of the most desolate shrines in eversong.
    It's still a public place in-game and their $15-a-month doesn't give them permission to tell people to leave.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a mage on my server who, instead of greeting me when he saw me, used to shout out in caps my old guild's name. He was an awesome guy, pity he sold his account.

Deleted
    I was questing in Darkshire and had to kill Morbent Fel in an underground area under the cemetery. As I entered his room, there were a few tables on the floor with some undead gnome mobs running around them. On one of the tables there was a naked human male. 1st I thought it's a rare mob since it wasn't supposed to be there, but then I noticed it was an actual player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    There's this guy on my server who must spend every waking hour of his life talking shit on trade. A friend of mine makes it his first priority upon creating a new character to put this guy on ignore; it's that obnoxious, but moreover... it's just weird.
    There's one like that on my server too, except, they're simply just a huge troll.

It's a guildless character with a female name who generally logs on in the evenings when the most people are on and does absolutely nothing but sit in trade chat and make ridiculous comments. A simple "Hi guys" makes trade chat explode. Add some "teehees" to that and it gets crazier.

Assuming their intent is to get people to bite, they're quite successful. One group of people will start ranting about how it's not a female just a female named toon and another group will start talking about how "hot" the person is. They've even had someone make a fanclub guild for them.

Every time I pop back into trade chat to that nonsense between my RBGs or whatever I'm doing it immediately makes me want to leave the cities. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Guy on Archimonde Fr who pretended to be a chick for two years.
    Created a fake Facebook account, and basically a whole new identity for himself / his alter ego. Even used a program to change his voice in vent.

A few people knew of the charade, but some guy who suspected something was fishy did a whole investigation into the matter over a few weeks to gather evidence. He then blew the whole thing open on the official forums.
    It was fucking hilarious.
    Does this thread still exist? That would be amazing to read.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

One day I was questing in Ghostlands and came across two other Male Blood Elves that told me to follow them, and said that they'd "show me something". So I followed them thinking "What's the risk?". I then found myself on the top floor of an empty building with about five other Male Blood Elves that were "naked" and laying down. Two of them told me to join them and another told me that I was cute. I then logged out and never played a Blood Elf again.
    Last edited by Klingensturm; 2013-07-27 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Some freak offered me 500g to go behind the AH and get my character nude and dance for him, while talking dirty.
    Apparently to him my character was hot. I put him on ignore immediately.
    Are you ever going to take me off ignore?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would either be the guy who propositioned my level 2 Forsaken warlock for ERP... or the guy I had never even SPOKEN to before who randomly asked me if I wanted to have phone sex in Skype. What the everliving hell.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone View Post
    One day I was questing in Ghostlands and came across two other Male Blood Elves that told me to follow them, and said that they'd "show me something". So I followed them thinking "What's the risk?". I then found myself on the top floor of an empty building with about five other Male Blood Elves that were "naked" and laying down. Two of them told me to join them and another told me that I was cute. I then logged out and never played a Blood Elf again.
    lol.

I've never had a weird thing like random ERP happen to me, but I kinda want to have this sort of thing happen for the lols. Kinda.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact, the weirdest thing I've ever seen in game was the Moonguard Goldshire inn.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

There was a lonely guy in tradechat for years, he kinda wanted to get to know everyone on the server, know all their secrets etc. I think he was transexual but I honestly can't remember if he was male-female or female-male. Anyway every now and then in trade chat he'd put like "anyone want to tell me their problems?". You might think well that's nice, he was trying to make people feel better. But when I asked him about it I really got the distinct impression it was more about being nosy and gossiping about people which is sad.

Most of these things aren't that weird to me. The only weird thing I've encountered in game is when I'm playing a female char and someone asks me if I want to go out with them. (Even if I was a female would they expect me to move countries or something?) I always tell them that I'm a guy and they ask me why the fuck would I be playing a female char.

I just find it weird how insecure can people get sometime.