Deleted

Soul Leech Weak Aura question

Is there any way of utilizing weak auras or a similar add on to display in numbers the current soul leech shield I have? Rather than having to hover over the buff?

Yes, you can do it with a rather simple "custom" progress bar.

I'm not at my computer right now but you can use the "custom" event handlers to return anything you want as the name, stacks, duration, etc of a progress bar, rather than the default behavior. Once you set up your (pretty short) script to return the strength of the shield as a token like "%t", you just make the progress bar as usual showing the remaining "duration" which is actually your shield strength. You can put a "%t" or whatever shows the duration as text on your bar so it shows the numerical value.

A last step might be to have custom show and hide triggers to make the widget only show up when you actually have a shield.

The function you want to use to figure out your Soul Leech shield is UnitBuff().

I can't recall exactly from here but I believe the "value1" parameter is the one you want to use to extract the strength of the shield.

so for your duration code you want something like:
    Code:
    function()
        local _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_, shieldCur,_ = UnitBuff("player", "Soul Leech", nil, "PLAYER");
        if not WA_shieldMax then
             WA_shieldMax = shieldCur or 0;
        else
             if shieldCur > WA_shieldMax then
                    WA_shieldMax = shieldCur;
             end
        end

return shieldCur or 0, WA_shieldMax or 0, true;
    end
    This may not actually work because I'm just guessing here and not at my home computer.
    Last edited by Zargul; 2013-07-25 at 03:58 AM.

I didn't realise you could add custom code to get the return value - just straight lua? That is awesome if so!

If that is the case, take this code, and copy it into your chat window while you have the buff:
    /run print(UnitAura("player","Soul Leech",nil,"PLAYER|HELPFUL"))
    look at the very right hand side. One of those numbers will match your tooltip value. Count how many *spaces* from the left there are before that number, and replace it in the code below (rather than 15). Keep in mind it is possible to have two spaces side by side, because that arg was "".

If you get stuck, just run that line above, copy paste the results here (You may need a copy-paste addon like prat), and I will tell you the number

The arg number differs by spell for these, and they aren't documented anywhere I know of, so I can't give you an exact number until I get home, but here is a high-chance guess (I did the same thing in my monk addon to get the value of stagger)
    select(15,UnitAura("player","Soul Leech",nil,"PLAYER|HELPFUL"))

You can test this by wrapping it in a print - eg:
    /run print(select(15,UnitAura("player","Soul Leech",nil,"PLAYER|HELPFUL")))
    Copy into your chatbox and hit enter while you have the buff.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-07-25 at 04:01 AM.

Yeah, you can embed lua functions in your weakauras by using the custom toggle for event handling.

I think select(14,...) does the trick, iirc. Value1 is what you're after.

Also, UnitBuff() is the same as UnitAura() but with an implicit "|HELPFUL" in the fourth argument.
    Last edited by Zargul; 2013-07-25 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Is there any way of utilizing weak auras or a similar add on to display in numbers the current soul leech shield I have? Rather than having to hover over the buff?
    Code:
    dSJtxaGEKQ4LcGDbiQTPOmtKIzlLBIqPBJOVHqomv2PG2lz3OA)c5NsvggO8BuEgq1qvu1GfQHRiheOCEaogcoNIkleuTub0ILQA5u1drk9uOLjbEUQMiGitvstwHPt5IiuDvKQ0LfDDvSrjIRjqBgjBhqyAsOVci9zq(osLrIqXFbYOLkJxc6siv1TauNwP7ja9yv61sKgNe1IGQcDQkt4lKaqUiqMiGmbycjfoeouvyH9OO(0ujahCgmIGnxzyblhe85GbBorbCXIcb0JI6ttLaCzybdwMOYfuqqIcoJWmyIc4IffMfo54JCi4c)SrnpB5Mq49Q1EelneVKQq3yS2Y4UgiZVqqP)vvMqFcTmEfWukeYZotc5hYQFHGs)RqccBm3qvHEwlvvi5PzRQYKjt4oeIDB2gVmHxvvibvfA(fck9Qk8WtGi5Mq3XyctGi5MqAz8XAlJ)cpFc6WxtWf(tzRf6itfct45tq)u2AHoYuWfYDK5RQcjiezNwumnzE7Kj8EEJrcQBhPqBjZHmHD5c1zke8GcBm3qvHNpbDBU)fCHEwlvvi5PzRQYKj82C)RQWF5qTuiqblqA6rBaKj88jOlJSVZeCzch7p1CaqZDl9fs)RqFcTmEfWukCVmUqa9OO(0uiWfeuOBmwBzCxdK5xiO0)QktiD7W6ui4bfYpKv)cbL(xHeeUdHi70IIPjZBNqhFjD2Y4QkKA573PQqdWukCYNFAcN85NMWVZV8sLjt4LXAdgDCbxMclqvHumUHl9KkSacch7p1CaQzHMq6)cb0JI6ttHaheCH(eAz8kGPuOLfAcDJXAlJ7AGm)cbL(xvzc3HqKDArX0K5TlkgS(VWr(xHyhJUpk26YO47X7tUff7izhUffZOIIdZRNz7nk(n)wAgf76)m)KTmEumJhfdGD8rXMZdLMq62H1PsMriyzIiQirZnlyqyekwuuaxCoHumUjeS7Dhj3CTO4595VJKFbiKFiR(fck9VcjiSlxOotLeSCqyLbNqWIebd2S5iAMOaUyzHF2OMNTCtiTepSs8af2yUHQcpFc62C)l4c9SwQQqYtZwvLjt4T5(xvH)YHAPqGcwG00J2ait45tqxgzFNj4YeA(fck9QkK7itqSP07mMxyadOqQtR9xhxWfE(ee3rMcUW)0)YoCtWfYDKPqKDArX0K5Tt498gJeu3osH2sMdzYui4QkeqpkQpnfcCbbfA(fck9Qk8WtGi5Mq3XyctGi5MqAz8XAlJ)cpFc6WxtWf(tzRf6itfct45tq)u2AHoYuWfYDK5RQcjiSs32wOolkgOo)qMW75ngjOUDKcTLmhYe2LluNPqWdkSXCdvfE(e0T5(xWf6zTuvHKNMTQktMWBZ9VQc)Ld1sHafSaPPhTbqMWZNGUmY(otWLjCS)uZban3T0xi9Vc9j0Y4vatPW9Y4clShf1NMcbEgmH7qiqDEGKq62H1PqWdkKFiR(fck9Vcji0ngRTmURbY8leu6FvLj0XxsNTmUQcPw((DQk0amLcN85NMWjF(Pj878lVuzYeEzS2GrhxWLPWIQkKIXnCPNuHfqq4y)PMdqnl0es)xiGEuuFAke4GGl0NqlJxbmLcTSqtyH9OO(0uiWZGjChcbQZpIIbR)l0ngRTmURbY8leu6FvLjCK)vi2XO7JITUmk(E8(KBrXos2HBrXmQO4W86z2EJIFZVLMrXU(pZpzlJhfZ4rXayhFuS58qPjKUDyDQKzfHfKaHGGdomcZMru5IIc4IZjKIXnHGDV7i5MRffpVp)DK8laH8dz1VqqP)vibHD5c1zQKzWGvKO5kpdwzWjkyzyLffWfll8Zg18SLBcPL4HvIhOWgZnuv45tq3M7FbxON1svfsEA2QQmzcVn3)Qk8xoulfcuWcKME0gazcpFc6Yi77mbxMqZVqqPxvHChzcInLENX8cdyafsDAT)64cUWZNG4oYuWf(N(x2HBcUqUJmfwPBBluNffduNFi8EEJrcQBhPqBjZHmzkmOQcb0JI6ttHaxWmHMFHGsVQcp8eisUj0DmMWeisUjKwgFS2Y4VWZNGo81eCH3ZBmsqD7ifAlzoeE(e0pLTwOJmfCHChz(QQqccr31Vu7DDTO45DxtMWFkBTqhzQqyYe2LluNPqWdkSXCdvfE(e0T5(xWf6zTuvHKNMTQktMWBZ9VQc)Ld1sHafSaPPhTbqMWZNGUmY(otWLjCS)uZban3T0xi9Vc9j0Y4vatPW9Y4clShf1NMcbMqbWeUdHO7gfpV7ArXfiKUDyDke8Gc5hYQFHGs)RqccDJXAlJ7AGm)cbL(xvzcD8L0zlJRQqQLVFNQcnatPWjF(PjCYNFAc)o)YlvMmHxgRny0XfCzkCMQcPyCdx6jvybeeo2FQ5auZcnH0)fcOhf1NMcboi4c9j0Y4vatPqll0ewypkQpnfcmHcGj08leu6vvi3rMGytP3zmVWagqH3ZBmsqD7ifAlzoeE(ee3rMcUW)0)YoCtWfYDKPq0D9l1ExxlkEE31esDAT)64cUmHUXyTLXDnqMFHGs)RQmHJ8VcXogDFuS1LrX3J3NClk2rYoClkMrffhMxpZ2Bu8B(T0mk21)z(jBz8Oygpkga74JInNhknH0TdRtLmRiSGeieeCWHry2mIkxuuaxCoHumUjeS7Dhj3CTO4595VJKFbiKFiR(fck9VcjiSlxOotLmdgSIenx5zWkdorbldRSOaUyzHF2OMNTCtiTepSs8af2yUHQcpFc62C)l4c9SwQQqYtZwvLjt4T5(xvH)YHAPqGcwG00J2ait45tqxgzFNj4YeUdHO7gfpV7ArXG1)JIlqMcjsvHa6rr9PPWcGj08leu6vv4HNarYnHUJXeMarYnH0Y4J1wg)fE(e0HVMGl8NYwl0rMkeMWZNG(PS1cDKPGlK7iZxvfsqiqY5lnkgUZd5wUmH3ZBmsqD7ifAlzoeoY(hkQkGPuiXawGeBj0lnYe2LluNPqWdkSXCdvfE(e0T5(xWf6zTuvHKNMTQktMWBZ9VQc)Ld1sHafSaPPhTbqMWZNGUmY(otWLjCS)uZban3T0xi9Vc9j0Y4vatPW9Y4clShf1NMcbEgmHUXyTLXDnqMFHGs)RQmH0TdRtHGhui)qw9leu6Ffsq4oec35lfUZdj0XxsNTmUQcPw((DQk0amLcN85NMWjF(Pj878lVuzYeEzS2GrhxWLPWYQkKIXnCPNuHfqq4y)PMdqnl0es)xiGEuuFAkSirc9j0Y4vatPqll0ewypkQpnfc8mycDJXAlJ7AGm)cbL(xvzc3HqGeRkKUDyDQKzecwMiIks0CZcgegHIfffWfNt4i)RqSJr3hfBDzu8949j3IIDKSd3IIzurXH51ZS9gf)MFlnJID9FMFYwgpkMXJIbWo(OyZ5HstifJBcb7E3rYnxlkEEF(7i5xac5hYQFHGs)Rqcc7YfQZujblhew5ckcdCyLjuSayLffWfll8Zg18SLBcPL4HvIhOWgZnuv45tq3M7FbxON1svfsEA2QQmzcVn3)Qk8xoulfcuWcKME0gazcpFc6Yi77mbxMqZVqqPxvHChzcInLENX8cdyafsDAT)64cUWZNG4oYuWf(N(x2HBcUqUJmfcKC(sJIH78qULl8EEJrcQBhPqBjZHWr2)qrvbmLcjgWcKylHEPrMmfoNQcD8L0zlJRQqs3Yvv4Kp)0eoDAFktMqZVqqPxvHChz(QQqccP1d4nxlkg7YwtMW75ngjOUDKcTLmhchz)dfvfWukKyalqITe6Lgzc7YfQZui4bf2yUHQc9SwQQqYtZwvLjt45tqxgzFNj4Yeo2FQ5aGM7w6lK(xH(eAz8kGPu4EzCHxgRny0XfCHUXyTLXDnqMFHGs)RQmH0TdRtHGhuiGEuuFAkSayc5hYQFHGs)Rqcc3HqA9aEZ1WUS1IIbokMyIIRmVXEzkKamvfsX4gU0tQWciiCS)uZbOMfAcP)leqpkQpnfwKiH(eAz8kGPuOLfAcDJXAlJ7AGm)cbL(xvzc3HqA9aEZ1IIbR)Z89JIbJKD4MWr(xHyhJUpk26YO47X7tUff7izhUffZOIIdZRNz7nk(n)wAgf76)m)KTmEumJhfdGD8rXMZdLMq62H1PsMvewqcecco4WimBgrLlkkGloNqkg3ec29UJKBUwu88(83rYVaeYpKv)cbL(xHee2LluNPsMbdwrIMR8myLbNOGLHvwuaxSSWpBuZZwUjKwIhwjEGcBm3qvHEwlvvi5PzRQYKj88jOlJSVZeCH3M7Fvf(lhQLcbkybstpAdGqYtZwvfcuWcKME0gabxMmzcn)cbLEvfYDKji2u6DgZlmGbu4i7FOOQaMsHedybsSLqV0i88jiUJmfCH)P)LD4MGlK7itH06b8MRffJDzRjK60A)1XfCH3ZBmsqD7ifAlzoKjtHeiOQqhFjD2Y4QkK0TCvfo5ZpnHtN2NYKj08leu6vv4i7FOOQaMsHedybsSLqV0iK7iZxvfsqinlvgfxDtYeEpVXib1TJuOTK5qMWUCH6mfcEqHnMBOQqpRLQkK80SvvzYKjCS)uZban3T0xi9Vc9j0Y4vatPW9Y4clShf1NMcbMqbWeEzS2GrhxWf6gJ1wg31az(fck9VQYes3oSofcEqHa6rr9PPWcGjKFiR(fck9VcjiChcPzPsZnffdw)N57ltHekqvHumUHl9KkSacch7p1CaQzHMq6)cb0JI6ttHfjsOpHwgVcykfAzHMWc7rr9PPqGjuamHUXyTLXDnqMFHGs)RQmH7qinlvAU(rXGrYoCt4i)RqSJr3hfBDzu8949j3IIDKSd3IIzurXH51ZS9gf)MFlnJID9FMFYwgpkMXJIbWo(OyZ5HstiD7W6ujZkclibcbbhCyeMnJOYfffWfNtifJBcb7E3rYnxlkEEF(7i5xac5hYQFHGs)Rqcc7YfQZujZGbRirZvEgSYGtuWYWklkGlww4NnQ5zl3eslXdRepqHnMBOQqpRLQkK80SvvzYeEBU)vv4VCOwkeOGfin9OnacjpnBvviqblqA6rBaeCzYKj08leu6vvi3rMGytP3zmVWagqH3ZBmsqD7ifAlzoeE(ee3rMcUW)0)YoCtWfYDKPqAwQmkU6MesDAT)64cUWr2)qrvbmLcjgWcKylHEPrMmzcbcfsOimyYKa
    there

Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    Also, UnitBuff() is the same as UnitAura() but with an implicit "|HELPFUL" in the fourth argument.
    Could have sworn UnitBuff was the older form and deprecated, but the doco says it is just an alias now.. learn something every day!

Didn't really need a new thread for this question...there's an entire thread devoted to WA's and what you'd been looking for is there in many different iterations. Either way, here's the thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-Weak-Auras

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Didn't really need a new thread for this question...there's an entire thread devoted to WA's and what you'd been looking for is there in many different iterations. Either way, here's the thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ock-Weak-Auras
    Yes I've seen that thread and while it's very comprehensive, I'm a complete WA nub. Aside from proc triggers, cooldowns and counting buff stacks (all very simple stuff) I'm clueless.

I don't even know where those codes you provided in your thread would go, hence a new thread where I can get more one on one help with my specific question

New -> Import -> Copy/Paste the code -> Click OK on the little box that appears.

Deleted
    New -> Import -> Copy/Paste the code -> Click OK on the little box that appears.
    Safe as houses pair of trousers

On a side note, I'll make a point to put those instructions for those who may not know on the front post for future reference!

Deleted
    On a side note, I'll make a point to put those instructions for those who may not know on the front post for future reference!
    Yeh that would be wicked. I didn't want to ask on that thread as I'd probably get flamed for it :P

Yeh that would be wicked. I didn't want to ask on that thread as I'd probably get flamed for it :P
    You're on the internet, you can't escape the flaming. All the following scenarios have a high chance of resulting in someone flaming in one way or another:
    • Starting a new thread. There's always another thread around on the same subject.
    • Using an old thread on the same subject. No one likes necroposting.
    • Using a current thread on the same subject. Your concern was discussed several pages back, try to keep up will 'ya?
    • Using a current thread on a similar subject. Stay on topic, or make your own thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You're on the internet, you can't escape the flaming. All the following scenarios have a high chance of resulting in someone flaming in one way or another:
    • Starting a new thread. There's always another thread around on the same subject.
    • Using an old thread on the same subject. No one likes necroposting.
    • Using a current thread on the same subject. Your concern was discussed several pages back, try to keep up will 'ya?
    • Using a current thread on a similar subject. Stay on topic, or make your own thread.
    +1

/10char.

We are a friendly bunch on that thread. Chances are it'd be one of the more "regular" folks responding. There really hasn't been any flaming on that thread...yet.