Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyterran View Post
    But seriously, has anyone noticed that ever single Orc introduced since WOTLK is going to die in Orgrimmar or already has? Agmar is MIA (presumed dead since Wyrmbane appears on the Pincer during Forsaken questing), Zaela is dying in SoO, Nazgrim is dying in SoO, Eitrigg is apparently dying in SoO (though he wasn't introduced in WOTLK). I wouldn't be surprised if Saurfang bites it at some point or another during the Garrosh fight.
    I've said in the past that the reason that the Alliance tends to loose characters by the bucket to corruption, insanity, death or neutrality is because they have so many to spare. Since the Horde (Thrall's Horde) was basically made from scratch for WoW they had no replacements, so they never lost anyone. It's taken this long for the Horde to have enough characters with enough background for the players to notice and care when they die, but still have replacements to fill the void afterward.

After SoO, Horde lore characters will be effectively indestructible since there will be no one left to replace them if they die. The Alliance still has truckloads of replacement lore characters, so expect them to have plenty of deaths for the next expansion or two.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-07-25 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyterran View Post
    Velen being a pure good character when they are trying to (and failing, really) to write a grey story means that he's probably going to get left on the bench.

Sylvanas is an opposite character, at this point, to Velen. And that probably makes her an equally bad tool.

The problem is that they've built up Varian so much Alliance side, and how he does no wrong, that he's turned into a super-white character, and that they've made Garrosh (and the Orcs, since all of them seem to follow him) as super-evil characters.

But seriously, has anyone noticed that ever single Orc introduced since WOTLK is going to die in Orgrimmar or already has? Agmar is MIA (presumed dead since Wyrmbane appears on the Pincer during Forsaken questing), Zaela is dying in SoO, Nazgrim is dying in SoO, Eitrigg is apparently dying in SoO (though he wasn't introduced in WOTLK). I wouldn't be surprised if Saurfang bites it at some point or another during the Garrosh fight.
    I wouldn't really call Sylvanas the polar opposite of Velen though. While she can and does appear evil at times she still is good deep down. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden would be the polar opposite of Velen. They don't give two shits about anything but their own power. Amusingly enough Kil'jaeden and Velen were BFF's in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    I think Blizzard are saving whatever might happen with Sylvanas for a rainy day or something, be that a big betrayal like everyone is expecting or something totally different that catches us all off guard. Whenever the question of what Sylvanas is up to in the Undercity is presented to Metzen or Kosak or whoever the answer is always "She's up to something. We'll leave it at that for now". Normally Blizzard let at least a few hints slip concerning future lore developments when asked but they're being oddly tight-lipped about this particular issue. Should be good once it actually happens.
    likely she is the subject of a major game event, possibly one around which an expansion is partially oriented, and they don't want to deflate anything earlier than needed.

that story has been developed far to far in the direction of the lich king's own actions for this character not to end up in a raid down the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I bet most players don't even know the name of the Draenei leader (or his signifigance, especially in relation to a few high profile baddies)
    wasn't he all friends with the dude with all the legions he said he commanded on top of kara? (and the guy stuck in the floor in swp?)
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    wasn't he all friends with the dude with all the legions he said he commanded on top of kara? (and the guy stuck in the floor in swp?)
    The doomfire guy in the Battle for Mount Hyjal, not the Prince in Kara (and yeah the guy stuck in the floor in SWP too).

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Did i mention id LOVE TO SEE GAROSH RAISED AS THE BANSHEE QUEENS MINION!
    That would be interesting.

OT, I think she was briefly mentioned in Tides of War, but only very briefly. She told Garrosh she wasn't excited about being all alone on the Eastern Kingdoms with the Alliance while he was doing his warmongering stuff on Kalimdor and pissing them off good. I believe that was just about it.

She got tons of development in Cataclysm though.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-25 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not so much that they are lazy but that they keep focusing on the same lore characters. When are we going to stop hearing about Thrall? Never because that's Metzen's avatar and he doesn't give a shit about anything else in lore. Unfortunately unless Metzen leaves his position its always going to be Orcs vs Humans, or should I say Thrall vs Everyone else.

i am tired seeing her face everytime. >:O

10+ Year Old Account
    The last thing she needs is more enemies. Doing her "thing" on Pandaria wouldn't win her many friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The last thing she needs is more enemies. Doing her "thing" on Pandaria wouldn't win her many friends.
    But I want skeletal cloud serpent...

Velen being ignored is lazy writing.

Velen is meant to be some incredibly powerful and almost omnipotent draenei who is incredibly wise and one of the strongest heroes on Azeroth.

Yet he has absolutely no place in the war and seemingly offers no strategic plans or help just sits in the corner musing about the legion

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Velen being ignored is lazy writing.

Velen is meant to be some incredibly powerful and almost omnipotent draenei who is incredibly wise and one of the strongest heroes on Azeroth.

Yet he has absolutely no place in the war and seemingly offers no strategic plans or help just sits in the corner musing about the legion
    ...Because thats what he is. He is SUPPOSED to just sit somewhere and be high on vision. Old coot doesnt even know what is happening right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    ...Because thats what he is. He is SUPPOSED to just sit somewhere and be high on vision. Old coot doesnt even know what is happening right now.
    Senility, as you know, is an inevitable fate. Dude's over 25K years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am sure he would know the overarching idea of what is going on. Besides that, he is a healer not a fighter. It would be a very rare sight to see him on the front line.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Alliance player, this thread kinda makes my blood boil.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

No. I'm pretty sure lazy is when Blizzard excludes half of a faction from the storyline and the other half is just foils to make humans look good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I don't think you guys know which expansion we're in atm.
    I meant her character has been more developed overall (across expansions) than the Alliance has in MoP.

I'm not good with words.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    At least we can have a conversation about Sylvanas and what she may be up to based around the events of Cataclysm and her being involved in SoO.

Whens the last time anybody cared to ask what High Tinker Mekkatorque was up to? Did I even spell his name correctly? Is that even his title? I don't know and I can't be bothered to look it up because he hasn't once mattered.
    I think the better question is, who actually cares that High Tinker Mekkatorque exists at all? If not for the arbitrary "rule" that all factions have to have a leader, he probably wouldn't exist. If you're a Gnome player who chose Gnome for aesthetic or lore reasons, I'd bet you'd be in the minority in contrast to those who choose Gnome for the class base stats, or to make things a little more difficult for clickers to target them, or for the derp factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss