Reign of Fire TCG set and the loot cards inside.

Hey there, Im an avid player of the WoW TCG and I just thought Id let you guys know about the insanity that is the Reign of Fire set loot card distribution. As was revealed a few weeks ago, this set contains has EVERY loot card from the TCG. The set doesnt release till this Tuesday, but there are sneak peek events happening this weekend at certain hobby shops around the world. If you can find one near you, I highly suggest you go to one tomorrow. Even if you dont know how to play the game, the WoW TCG community is very helpful and always willing to teach new players.

Anyways, the entire reason Im making this thread is because the packs that have been opened so far have been absolutely nuts in terms of loot distribution. Here are some excerpts from the WoW TCG forums:

"Out of the two and a half boxes that we opened we saw 4 mounts (hippogryph, fel drake, dragonhawk, tallstrider) a hippogryph hatchling, epic purple shirt, paint bomb, Lil xt, party grenades, and a landros gift."

"I opened four displays...

Got Spectral Tiger
    El Pollo Grande
    Corrupted Hippogryph
    Feldrake
    6 Landro's Giftbox
    1 Center of attention
    1 Hippogryph hatchling
    Owned flag
    Some crap loots too"

If the loot distribution is really this good, its gonna drop the value on loot cards across the board. If you like looking for loots, this is the set for you. If you have loots on hand, get rid of them ASAP before the floodgates open. And if you fancy yourself as a lucky person, there are so-called "God Packs" that have no normal cards, but 15 rare loot cards. These are about 1 pack to about 4000 odds, but are absolutely ridiculous. Heres a picture of one opened today: tinyurl.com/lcsa5em (Cant post a real link till Ive posted a few times)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, maybe someone will put up a spectral tiger for a decent price on my realm then, love to have one. Last one on my realm was on there for 850k, which I find way too much for a ground mount.

I'll never play the WoW TCG, since I'm not a fan of face to face playing, but buying a pack or 2 of this for the loot cards inside? Might very well do that, even if just by extention by asking for a few packs for my b-day

Maybe my medium population server will finally see a few more TCG mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    how much are the boxes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to get this Reign of Fire TCG Epic Collection Set not because of the mounts and other stuff, but I really wanted to get into the Trading Card Game of WoW.
    For the Horde!

Boxes are $90 per from most online retailers. dacardworld.com is the one I perfer. There are 36 packs to a box and packs sell for $4 MSRP.

I simply cannot stress how hard this is going to tank the loot card market. You used to get about 2 rare mount loot cards per retail case (a case being 12 booster boxes). Getting 4 rare mount loots out of 4 boxes is absolutely ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I really want to get this Reign of Fire TCG Epic Collection Set not because of the mounts and other stuff, but I really wanted to get into the Trading Card Game of WoW.
    The epic collections are always a nice value, but there is actually a lot of fear for the future of the WoW TCG. I wont go too far into details, but it seems as though Blizzard is trying to put an end to the game in retaliation to Cryptozoic (WoW TCG's publisher) creating HEX. I would hold off on trying to get into playing the TCG until we know if the game is going to continue or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclaire View Post
    The epic collections are always a nice value, but there is actually a lot of fear for the future of the WoW TCG. I wont go too far into details, but it seems as though Blizzard is trying to put an end to the game in retaliation to Cryptozoic (WoW TCG's publisher) creating HEX. I would hold off on trying to get into playing the TCG until we know if the game is going to continue or not.
    Does the Epic Collection has a good collection to it or I can just get the basic card sets? Save up my money this way, and still to I would like to take a chance get those mounts. How many packs did you have to go through in order to get those cards, and still to yeah I wanted to play the game like I did Pokemon, but I mostly collect the cards now and I was hoping to do the same with WoW to.
    Well anyway a lot of people now will go after this set and be greedy and wonèt let other people get a chance at it.
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2013-07-21 at 03:26 AM.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Does the Epic Collection has a good collection to it or I can just get the basic card sets?
    If you want to get into the game, I would suggest you start with a class starter deck and an epic collection. There are a few different types of class starters available, but you generally want the newest ones. But before you go out and buy all this stuff, make sure you can find someone to actually play with. If you have friends or family that you want to play with, then you dont really need to worry about it. If you want to find a group of people who play, your best bet is to check this site: wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/locations If you find a location near you, call them up and ask if they have any WoW TCG playgroups.

not all mounts are rare loots in reign of fire
    This is the distribution of all loots in the set: 26C, 24U, 10R

There are 15 Mounts as loot cards. at the same time it isn't said that only mounts remain rare. i think the spectral kitten will also stay rare. but nevertheless, even if all 10 rares are mounts there are 5 that are at least uncommon quality, making it possible to grab 4 mounts out of 4 boxes

15+ Year Old Account
    And with virtual realms AHs will soon be flooded with TCG mounts! I ordered 5 booster boxes myself, I may post a pic of the loots if I get lucky

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I feel terrible for power buyers. This will kill the prices of all Loot cards.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE: Save up them goldz.. Wow AH's are about to be FLOODED.

- - - Updated - - -

Also here's some info from the current big time loot sites:

OFFICIAL SITE - http://wowtcg.cryptozoic.com/products/reign-fire

LOOT SITE - http://www.wowtcgloot.com/news.htm

Damn the cheapest I can get them for here in Sweden is 958Kr that's about 147,47USD