Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Funniest/Silliest thing you did/thought as a noobie to WoW?

Just as the title asks. What was the funniest thing that you did or thought when you were first starting out on WoW? (When you were a total NOOB).

I typed/talked to NPCs because I thought they were actual players, all of them; vendors, innkeepers, etc. I thought they were like professions you could be... LOL. I was 13 and this game was the most intense thing I'd ever played.

Hmmmm, I'm trying to remember that far back.

I remember dying to the green fuzzy tarantulas in Shadowglen as a hunter... 'course, this was when we didn't have a pet til level 10, and mostly had to melee to level til we got concussive shot, but we had to stagger step while moving because we couldn't auto attack while in motion....

Oh!
    I was in Blackfathom Deeps.
    I clicked ALL the braziers.
    -_-

More ignorant/foolish than funny, but I saved up gold from questing to buy white weapons from vendors for my Rogue, and I thought the armor value of a piece of gear was more important than its stats.

Back in Vanilla, or maybe TBC, when I first started playing there was a quest from the blacksmith or something in Goldshire that sent you all the way up to Ironforge. I looked at my map, saw the incredible distance between Stormwind and Ironforge and accepted the challenge. I tried running through the Blasted Lands ( Burning Steppes? I don't remember zones that far back!), tried running through other zones, then tried stealthing and sneaking through the zones (lvl 10 rogue btw). I died very fast. Repeatedly.
    Wracking my brain for a solution to this incredibly mind puzzling quest I finally decided (and rightly so) that I could swim. For 4 hours real time. I swam from the docks of Stormwind all the way to Menethil Harbor and finally made it to Ironforge to turn in this quest of amazing valor.
    About three months later I found out about the Tram....
    Last edited by Carnum; 2013-07-25 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking to myself back in duskwood "bullshit I can take this giant green lizard down".......I was sadly mistaken.

I started playing WoW back when I knew literally nothing about computers. My older brother told me never to accept free items from players because they could be a virus. Not only did I turn down quite a few free things, but I also reported a handful of innocent, kind-hearted players. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnum View Post
    I finally decided (and rightly so) that I could swim. For 4 hours real time. I swam from the docks of Stormwind all the way to Menethil Harbor and finally made it to Ironforge to turn in this quest of amazing valor.
    Damn, that was a long swim!! I also did a swimming introduction to a new zone but mine was Booty Bay. I had read, probably on WowWiki, that you cold swim from Westfall's west coast to Booty Bay. Seeing as I kept dying(maybe i was lvl16ish) trying to enter STV, I finally decided to 'take the plunge' and swim from coast to coast.

I think my trip was about 25min of travel time but it took me a good hour or so to finally make it to Booty Bay because I stopped for every damn Stranglekelp on the way. I will never EVER forget the view of the statue as I swam into the harbour of Booty Bay. Totally worth the time spent.

My other big noob memory is stacking Stamina on my mage. PfffFffft, SCREW SPELLPOWER I WANT M0ORE HEALTH!!! It's no wonder it took me so long to kill anything while I levelled. Oh, did I mention I did it as arcane too??(helllooooooo pretty pink missiles!) Yea, There was a reason I got the nickname 'The Dentist' from my first guild... I would only pull one at a time. aaahhhh the good ole days xD
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

15+ Year Old Account
    On my first char, mage:
    - Checking the armor stat on cloth stuff to decice which to wear
    - Wearing a mix of fire, frost and arcane damage gear. My spell selection was similar: been using all schools at once.
    - I was level 40+ when someone told me I can only sheep 1 mob at once. And indeed.
    - On my first dungeon run ever (DM) I ninjaed the contents of a chest because I thought everyone is allowed to loot whatever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    More ignorant/foolish than funny, but I saved up gold from questing to buy white weapons from vendors for my Rogue, and I thought the armor value of a piece of gear was more important than its stats.
    In late BC or early Wrath, I bought my father the game because I thought he'd enjoy it. When I checked on him when his first character was around level 35, he was wearing all [white] vendor gear because "it had more armor."

He also had spent zero talent points.

I felt really bad for neglecting him when he obviously needed help.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    * Just minding my business leveling lalala ooo deadwind pass huh lets check this shit out
    * Hey look a bird [ SKULL ]
    * ??? The fuck does that mean
    * AHHHHHHHHHHHH HES EATING ME [ You have died ]

Opps

couple days ago doing heroic dungeon (stormstout brewery) deathknight tank with like 490 item level is following me back because we wiped on the last boss and I shut a clickable door on him, he stopped and I'm like wtf is he doing? This guy types out in part chat "Oh nice one genius, lock the tank out." and he was 100% serious, not even joking this is too bad to make up, no doubt the entire party was cracking up.

I started on a RP Server and there was this Gnome WL with his Succubus.
    I had no idea she was just pet so I started "roleplaying" with her.
    After a few minutes without response the gnome whispered "Dude, wtf?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    don't worry my friend you are not alone, I bought all the white items from the barrens vendor because I thought it looked cool lol.

Back in BC my main was a prot warrior.

Needless to say, I learned the hardway about what the defense cap was and why it was important for heroics and raids lmao. And for some reason neglected stacking sunder armor for big threat lol boy, were those days a rough learning process.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Not quite me, but my brother.
    We played the Warcraft RTS's well before WoW, and he was so used to the WC3 hero system that, for a fairly long time, he thought getting more agility increased your movement speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold shire murlocs... Enough said.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    Back in BC my main was a prot warrior.

Needless to say, I learned the hardway about what the defense cap was and why it was important for heroics and raids lmao. And for some reason neglected stacking sunder armor for big threat lol boy, were those days a rough learning process.
    I remember being in dungeons after playing my Prot warrior and educating warrior tanks who couldn't hold threat on what Sunder was for. And why they should take Blood and Thunder. Ah the good ol' days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Equip a staff on my warrior. Lvl 25-30. Vanilla. Still had a shit load of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I reached level sixty, back in vanilla, I still had a very weak grasp on the acronyms and abbreviations used in chat. For the longest time I thought UBRS meant "uber-players", so when I saw people looking for group for upper blackrock spire, I thought they were just looking for really powerful characters for their group.

enchanting my weapons with +2 beastslayer and +2 damage for the glows
    all characters

because fuck yeah glows!
    I like my coffe like my mages.