Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I had a class-quest on my rogue at low level. The objective was to pickpocket a certain mob. I sneaked up but when I pressed pickpocket I went out of stealth and died. I tried this over and over again for atleast 30 times. Same thing happened all the time. I was so frustrated. Apparently right-clicking the mob was a bad choice.

Oh, also, the first time I died in a PvP encounter. I was on my dwarf warrior, around level 10-15 in Dun Morough, and I came across a level ?? (didn't know what that meant at the time) undead mage who was just wandering around on his mount. Thought maybe I could surprise him and get an advantage, so I charged in to attack him. I guess I figured maybe I could kill him with a surprise attack.

I failed. Though I guess he probably found it pretty amusing that a random level 15 charged up out of nowhere and started going apeshit on him.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-25 at 08:39 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling up my first ever toon, a tauren hunter, killed some mob in Mulgore and it dropped an strange item - a malachite - the item name was in GREEN. Must be something special.

Keeping the auto-attack button in my action bars.

Playing a prot warrior (first toon ever to hit max level), trying to tank instances with a mix of tank/dps gear - I thought any new gear with an armor number higher than the current one should be better for tanking.

Spending gold to gem socketed items gained in BC dungeons (was playing at the time of WotLK), only to throw the item away 10 min later, because some better item dropped in a dungeon.

Playing as a warrior, applying Hamstring to every single mob I fought, usually as a first move, because for some reason I thought that caused damage (like a DoT).
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Accidentally finding Deadmines, telling my lvl 60 raiding friends about this "secret hidden place"

Needing on everything first time I got a group for Deadmines, I didnt want to be greedy and thought the person that needed it the most would get it. (Naturally they kicked me.) Funny thing: I met those people some years later, helped them on my low level mage and they remembered the name "werent you that mage that needed on EVERYTHING in deadmines?"

SM: Sheeping everything they tank was not hitting. Didnt know I could only sheep one thing, but wondered why the fuck the sheeps broke.

SM: Tried to run away from mobs, my lvl 60 full epic priest friend said he never had a bigger challenge to keeping someone up as I was constantly running away from him and / or LOS

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I rolled need on everything instead of greed, because I associated greed with something bad.

People got pissed and I didn't understand why.
    YEAH!
    Last edited by Lanfear1; 2013-07-26 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I deleted my druid twice because I kept deleting a quest item which was required to unlock bear form and I didn't know I could go back to the monster and kill it again for the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my my Hunter in Vanilla, running up to mobs and meleeing them with my DW weapons and thinking Raptor Strike and Mongoose Bite were the shit. On my Mage in Vanilla running up to mobs and using melee and only using my instant cast spells, thinking I was some kind of battle melee mage.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Until like level 20 when someone explained it to me, I didn't equip anything that was 'Bind on Equip' because I thought you could never remove it.

MFW I realised what it meant: ._.

While I was never a super-noob in WoW (I'd been playing 3D MMOs for years), I can only offer my repeated mistake from the first game I ever played at length ... and how that mistake has haunted me ever since.

In this other game, you'd actually type chat to certain NPCs. "What is wrong?" "I can help." In their infinite wisdom, A was bound to Attack. If you did not hit Enter (or didn't hit it hard enough for your computer to recognize the fact), rather than starting up a quest dialogue, you'd vaguely whiff your weapon at the quest NPC and be pounded into a fine paste by the NPC assisted by town guards within seconds.

To this day, one of the first things I re-bind upon playing an MMO is my autoattack key. It's now the ` / ~ key.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    On my first Nelf, I fell off teldrassil and instead of hearth stoning back I swam for 2hours around to the docks. So dumb. =)

Deleted
    Not something I did, but something I encountered a while back.

We went to deadmines, with us was a blood elf mage, we had to travel quite a distance to there back then, no LFD at this time.

When we got in, the tank started pulling, and the mage would run into the mobs, and start casting Arcane Brilliance over and over again, we asked him why he was doing no damage, to which he responded "I'm healing you!"

Yeah, apparently this guy actually thought arcane brilliance was a healing spell, was pretty hilarious

Been playing since early TBC and have done tons of BGs. Last night was told to take Mage Tower for our RBG team. I sat there going "WTF isnt this capping I have been heere for like 5 minutes" Then I realized you actually have to click the flags to take them in an RBG lol.

On my very first character back in vanilla, a hunter, I met up with four other hunters and we ran Wailing Caverns. We were probably all lvl 14 or so, but somehow we managed to get through it. No tanks, no healers, just pets. It was a hilarious clusterfuck, but we all thought we were pretty badass. Oddly enough, one of the hunters I met on that run has been my best friend ever since.

This was back on BC, I was questing with my first character ( Night Elf rogue) on the NE starting zone and I some how hited the keybind which makes your character do the Rp walk. I was really frustrated cause I didnt know why I couldnt move fast again and I thought it was a debuff or something. So I whispered the first player I saw and told him this: " Help me. I think someone casted a spell on me that slows down my speed and I dont know how to remove it". He laughed at me and told me that I was walking and I needed to untoggle walk. I felt so noob after that but its a great memory of my first time playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    i needed money real bad on my hunter so i entered Ragefire Chasm solo because the elite mobs there dropped SILVER money instead of just copper.

I started back in TBC and it wasn't until lvl 70 that learned how to go under water without jumping in.. With much laughter I learned this from a couple friends as I was having trouble getting to the Slave Pens..

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing my Mage and I thought the more health you had the more powerful you were. I gemmed and enchanted full stamina and looked for what gear had more stamina on it always.

When I made my first character, a Human, I came across the Crazy Cat Lady in Elwynn Forest. I saw the cat pets she sold and because I saw people riding tigers, I thought that if I bought one of those cats then I could nurture them until they grow into full ride-able cat mounts. That was the biggest waste of 40 silver I ever did. 40 Silver was a lot to me seeming as though I'd not had any more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I started in Wrath, I levelled my main, a TG Fury Warrior, in Battle Stance with one 2H weapon until max level. I was adamant about not going into Berserker Stance because it made you take more damage, and that made no sense to me.

While levelling in Nagrand, I saw a Death Gate for the first time, and assumed that's where the DK starting zone was.

1) I was told, back when weapon skills still existed, that intelligence increases the speed at which your weapons skill up. So, as a warrior, I always wore plate int until my skill in my current weapon was full.

2) I would spend all my hard earned money on white gear and bags. I never used the AH for a good month when I first started.

3) On my rogue, I would stealth any time I saw an Ally... I was on a PvE server and they weren't flagged... And they were generally 30 levels higher than me at the time.

as a ferral druid leveling in cloth for more intel for more healing .. i reached level 48 before my friend told me hehe (in vanila)
    Last edited by shiftnes; 2013-07-26 at 06:39 PM.