Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Lets see:
    1. Not taking leatherworking as I read that shamans used mail at level 40, and I thought it would be useless at that point.
    2. Not taking engineering as I thought tuarens couldn't learn it as Thunderbluff didn't have a trainer.
    3. Specing into enh at first as I didn't know what to pick and increased mana seems the most useful to any spec.
    4. Not doing the quest to get the fire totem as I didn't realize how important the quest was and I already out leveled the area.
    5. Not sure if I should be healing or doing dps
    6. Trying to be a healer as enh
    7. Not specing into dual wield as there was a talent for 2H, and I had a good 2H weapon.
    8. Trying to run from stranglethorn to WPL... couldn't figure how to get past stormwind.

I bought a full gear set of white armor from the vendors with all of my silver and thought I was decked out.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

[noob] dumbest thing I have done was, me and a friend that got me interested in wow, qued into a dungeon. We were both druids, I was healing. I started to DPS the mobs, and everyone else was like "WHY IS THE HEALER DPS'ING - WE NEED HEALS" and I had no idea what "DPS" meant...needless to say, I learned my lesson.

Then me and my friend were leveling in Redridge Mountains, and had the quest to kill Bellygrub. We both were trying to kill it and we could not. 2 people - could not kill it. This was when I thought MoW was useless, didnt use DOTs because they didnt do any damage etc.
    [/noob]
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    I went on foot from Ironforge to Stormwind through Deeprun Tram.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak77 View Post
    I went on foot from Ironforge to Stormwind through Deeprun Tram.
    That should be a achievement.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I had been a member for about 3 days, and made a human rogue. I met this very nice person who knew upon the sight of me that I was new. They whispered me, but I didn't understand how to respond yet. So I was just keyboard turning back and forth, saying in /s "HELLO. YES I AM HERE."

Otherwise, I'd do all kinds of dumb things in the beginning. use fear in a dungeon full of mobs, enchant all kinds of horrible things "for looks", get all the wrong stats on gear "for looks" and spend countless hours in the AH looking for a Panda Cub pet that would never be there due to its binding.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman View Post
    I was playing my Mage and I thought the more health you had the more powerful you were. I gemmed and enchanted full stamina and looked for what gear had more stamina on it always.
    I did this as well, but I was mage tanking one of the short raids (can't remember the name of it) and you needed to have as much stam as possible for the second it took for you to spell steal the shield off the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that players on the opposite team could see me in stealth in bg's because I assumed I'd still have my nameplate/guild floating around over my head.

When i first logged into wow in vanilla, i thought teldrassil was like a big piece of the world, and that the other cities must be too (though not as big as teldrassil) and that the the lands to explore were collectively smaller than the cities when you compared them together.

This made sense cause of all the previous games i'd played and the cities seemed massive, how could there possible be more to it? I had also never played MMO's. I had ZERO sense of scale for MMO's like WoW.

Also it probably didnt help that teldrassil is a giant tree isolated from the other lands. You can see a sprawling horizon for the other races. Not so for Night elves.

And then i went to the mainland and discovered the map function, i was BLOWN AWAY at the scale of things. then i found out there were TWO continents!

i did at some point travel to SW... and those of you might remember how that was done back in the day. The scenic route through IF from menethil filed with crocodiles who outleveled you, Orcs in the hills and mountains leading to IF past the big gate. Through the tram.

That really gave me a scale of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    Thinking to myself back in duskwood "bullshit I can take this giant green lizard down".......I was sadly mistaken.
    Haha. Yep. "Hey, what's this huge chunk of the middle of the map that I haven't explored yet. OH COOL, a dragon! OH SH..."
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I remember spending hours grinding and skinning bats in Silverpine on my Blood Elf Rogue (first toon ever, very early TBC...god knows how i ended up there lol, i was just randomly exploring).

Felt awesome crafting the full set the white/greens from leatherworking.

Another thing was trying really hard on my second toon (Female Orc Hunter) to get a Black Raptor from Wailing Cavern entrance, because i tought it would be able to stealth. Getting that think took the help of a really bored lvl 70 guy, a male troll rogue. Shame i forgot his name. (They were Elite back then, and heirlooms didn't exist, so chances of going there and taming one alone were slim).

My first character was a night elf hunter, I got lost in a furbolg cave so I deleted it and rolled a human priest.

*Accidentally hits / (RP walking key)*

Spends next 2h walking instead of running while wondering why I am so slow today

For me it was vanilla were i created an undead rogue and I also loved to explore the places. I ran out of Deathknell and met the friendly plague dog Bane. After ressing I went to western plague lands and got killed by a bear. Having no idea how to get back after the countless attempts if trying I deleted him and made a troll hunter.

Me, being 8 and playing during BC.
    I somehow managed to get myself to the 40ish range and ran ZF with some randoms. After getting in the dungeon, I noticed a female blood elf in the group. So mindless me at 8 years old, types into party chat "Press 1 if u think (name of female blood elf) is hot"
    Needless to say, I was the only one who pressed 1 /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't know what taunt did as a warrior in vanilla.

"oh so i can control the spider hitting me instead of the priest?!?!"
    Hi

I talked to Shoni the Shilent thinking it was a real person.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    On my first character, whom I named Localdefence on the Lightbringer server (you can look him up, he's a level 41 tauren, but I lost the account he was on to hackers), I didn't think you could gain experience by questing so I literally ONLY leveled up by killing mobs.

Also, I started playing in Vanilla, and it wasn't until WotLK that someone (my sister) told me that stats are more important than armor.

And I remember being in Bloodhoof Village and seeing a level 60 on a mount, thinking he was the most uber player in WoW and being amazed that I saw someone such a high level.

I remember walking everywhere and acting like reaching level 40 was a huge celebration because I could finally get a mount.

Ah, the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use to have a lot of trouble distinguishing between players and npcs when i first started :P

i spoke to a guard in teldrassil on my first character and didn't know how i did it, i then spent about 15mins trying to open the dialogue window with another guard, turns out it wasn't a guard, it was another play :P my friend was telling me to right click, and i was, but nothing was happening :P he had to bring his dwarf all the way from the dwarf ironforge to come help me, and it was just some afk player in the starting area
    i also did the opposite quite a lot and thought random npcs were players, like npcs that are out in the world, or fighting mobs.

my first mmo and i was like 12, dont judge :P

i also was the biggest huntard ever, i remember being in razerfen downs with dual wield daggers meleeing stuff. i did that a lot :P i also got to around level 30 without using talent points, i had no idea i had them until a friend explained to me.
    dragonmaw - EU