Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wow the store probably will convert $ into coins you will be mailed ingame and we can have a vendor selling those items for coins..not a big deal tbh it's the same way private servers do with the items

Deleted
    Can i just buy stuff for RL money as well, i'm kinda lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Emisary View Post
    Wow the store probably will convert $ into coins you will be mailed ingame and we can have a vendor selling those items for coins..not a big deal tbh it's the same way private servers do with the items
    Yeah, but with this technique they have a common trade system within the linked Blizzard games, just like they do now btw.

You can already buy Diablo T shirts or SC2 mouse mats too in the Blizzard Store...

I suppose you will be able to pay with Blizz coins as well as cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Yeah, I mean the part where they said you could earn them by playing Heartstone.
    It's been pretty commonly thrown around that you need to pay whatever currency Hearthstone uses to participate in Forge, and winning in Forge gives you cards and gold. Put two and two together, I guess, and that's what you get.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are fantastic news! People who really want the stuff and have a full wallet can buy them right away and those who can't/don't want to spend more money on it can just use their time instead to "farm" the currency in other F2P games of the company.

For once, i can see no flaws (from player's view) to this decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yep.

It also is curious that when such good news happens, trolls stay away. Perhaps I would have changed the title to "Blizzard scams everyone".

The same happened with CRZ: every possible troll came out to heat the fire ... but when these CRZ techniques were combined with Virtual Realms so everyone could trade and Guild play with them... the threads were ignored by the usual hate crowd.

They KNOW what to avoid.
    What is so good about that exactly ? Calling that currency Blizz coins doesn't change a thing, you'll have to buy them for real cash anyway. Just like in SWTOR they got "cartel coins" and you can get them only for real cash. So please explain what makes "blizz coins" better than "cartel coins" or "any-other-FTP-shop-coins" for that matter.

Deleted
    Yep.

It also is curious that when such good news happens, trolls stay away. Perhaps I would have changed the title to "Blizzard scams everyone".

The same happened with CRZ: every possible troll came out to heat the fire ... but when these CRZ techniques were combined with Virtual Realms so everyone could trade and Guild play with them... the threads were ignored by the usual hate crowd.

They KNOW what to avoid.
    So just because you don't agree with a business decision you're suddenly classified as a troll? I think you may not fully understand the definition. Just because someone is annoying or you don't agree with them doesn't make them a troll.

Anyway, the people that were hoping for WoW to go free to play will be disappointed. I guess they will have to wait a year or two more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    These are fantastic news! People who really want the stuff and have a full wallet can buy them right away and those who can't/don't want to spend more money on it can just use their time instead to "farm" the currency in other F2P games of the company.

For once, i can see no flaws (from player's view) to this decision.
    It is also very clever marketing, because with a common Blizz Coin in the Blizzard shop, you'll link different games to each other in a smart way.

I predicted that they would have future combo deals on WOW subscriptions (like the Obvious "get a WOW subscription" and get X packs of HS" (just an idea folks) ...

But with a common trade currency between Blizzard games, you make this bond much closer with each game reinforcing the "Blizz" feeling while respecting each game's own system (subs based WoW - F2P in HS - perhaps B2P with BAS).

That was also the comment to the guy above: the Blizz coin is no longer attached to ONE game only.

Possibilities are endless with such a system...

Think about possibilities : get X packs of HS by having an active WOW sub - Get a WOW sub by acquiring X packs of HS - Get a new hero in upcoming BAS with X Blizz coins

List is endless.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Anyway, the people that were hoping for WoW to go free to play will be disappointed. I guess they will have to wait a year or two more though.
    If they wanted to, they could pretty easily go the PLEX route.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Dont worry these coins will one day be for sale at the blizzard store...
    one day? you mean from day one, that's their purpose lol... you either buy them from the game store and skip the grind, or you grind them ingame... one coin wil prolly be 1$ so you can buy 1 pack of cards in hearthstone with 1 coin...

Again, where is the info coming from that they both use the same currency? WoW is using Battle Coins while Hearthstone is using Gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    one day? you mean from day one, that's their purpose lol... you either buy them from the game store and skip the grind, or you grind them ingame... one coin wil prolly be 1$ so you can buy 1 pack of cards in hearthstone with 1 coin...
    Who said you can grind them in game ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It 'll be thrown into your face as soon as it is launched as it is complete free to play on PC, Mac and iPad and will be downloaded the first time you click on a Blizz home page.

I expect it to launch at BlizzCon.

---
    All together a VERY smart move: you can win HS matches, get coins and buy with these Blizz coins the latest Pet in WOW to do Pet Battles.

Haters owned, as WOW stays central with a subscription along with free to play "WOW" games beside.

Subscriptions on the rise. Because Blizzard can add anything to the system (like getting X free coins/free HS pack/ whatever by having a Blizz subscription ...).

Edit: I just read that even LOSING some HS matches gives you coins.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/
    yeah it's awesome if they can be used to buy anything in the blizzard store(virtual ofc, like pets, mounts, the moggable helms)... this way I wouldn't have a problem with them offering stuff in the blizz store and would welcome every item...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-07-25 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    ooh soo naive ppls lol, wow is not going at all f2p and yeah you can earn coins via hs but nobody says that this is the only way lololol again so naive ppl still thinking there are companies that give priority to the customer nowadays lololol too much naive i'm laughing so hard imagining your faces the day the shop will be released lololol wake up or you are gonna have a bad time lolol
    Somebody who uses "lol" so often in a single overlong sentence shouldn't call others naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    Who said you can grind them in game ?
    they are random rewards for Hearthstone if u win/lose matches... that means they are grindable ingame doesn't matter if it's in wow or not...

they are random rewards for Hearthstone if u win/lose matches... that means they are grindable ingame doesn't matter if it's in wow or not...
    As I understand there are two currencies relevant to the discussion.

Gold is specific to Hearthstone, and you can use it to buy packs of cards etc blah blah blah, and you earn it by playing a children's card game or buy it using Battle Coins.

Battle Coins are purchased from the store for real money, and you can use it to either buy items from the current WoW RMT store, or turn it into Gold.

Whether or not these two currencies are actually the same thing is not entirely clear.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-07-25 at 12:32 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great new mechanic to work with Blizz coins.

1. The new Blizzard store is ALSO there for Blizzard's new F2P games Hearthstone and the upcoming Blizzard All stars. Because these games are F2P and need a revenue model.

2. By making the payments through Blizz coins you actually create a bond between all Blizzard (WOW) games.

3. Hearthstone developpers stated already you can earn these coins by winning matches in HS.

---

So it is quite clear that the cash shop is not a transition to a F2P WOW, but it is promoting the play of Blizzard games by creating a common and virtual coins system.

With the coins you can buy new HS packs, special heroes, new stuff and of course new fluff WOW mounts too.

So while earning coins through play, Blizzard avoids the trap of F2P mechanics in sub based WOW, but the WOW games besides it contribute to the coins/payment system.

Great move.
    -

So how did they call Hearthstone again ? "The game that will change the World (of Warcraft).

So this has been planned a long long time ago.

Cheers !
    Is this true? Can you quote a source?

If this is correct, then it's a very good thing.

Selling HC Garrosh for Blizz Coins!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    As I understand there are two currencies relevant to the discussion.

Gold is specific to Hearthstone, and you can use it to buy packs of cards etc blah blah blah, and you earn it by playing a children's card game or buy it using Battle Coins.

Battle Coins are purchased from the store for real money, and you can use it to either buy items from the real money store, or turn it into Gold.

Whether or not these two currencies are actually the same thing is not entirely clear.

Hearthstone developpers stated already you can earn these coins by winning matches in HS.... did u not read this in OP ? and lol implying HS is any more of a children's game than wow....

Hearthstone developpers stated already you can earn these coins by winning matches in HS
    You earn GOLD by playing Hearthstone matches, not Battle Coins.