Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It looks to me, as others have said, that the coins are used to buy things from the in game item store but you have to purchase the coins I would not be surprised if this is in order for WOW to keep its teen rating
    It is called the B L I Z Z A R D store, not the WOW store.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea. If Blizzard adds the coins and make it optional to buy coins, but also give people the option to earn them (by getting achievements or certain quests) it would be great.
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    No , the Holy Grail stays with the new VR play.

That was awesome (and predicted many moons ago that it would be implemented before the end of the year (AH's and Guild play) btw...) as it will change MMORPG play for ever.
    ROFL!!! You mean change it back to what it was always originally supposed to be as a, you know, MMO where you actually see other people online? WOW! Revolutionary stuff Blizzard is pioneering! Who would have thought that thanks to Blizzard's virtual realm merger Holy Grail breakthrough we may now be able to step into the warcraft universe ONLINE and play with other adventurers! Instead of just by ourselves on our dead beat realms because it's too expensive to xfer and the game is in steady decline! Amazing!

My god this new genre of playing online with a massive amount of other players in a living, breathing world with it's own functioning economy may really catch on! Thanks to Blizzard changing the game forever!
    Last edited by Donair; 2013-07-25 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    ROFL!!! You mean change it back to what it was always originally supposed to be as a, you know, MMO where you actually see other people online? WOW! Revolutionary stuff Blizzard is pioneering! Who would have thought that thanks to Blizzard's virtual realm merger Holy Grail breakthrough we may now be able to step into the warcraft universe ONLINE with other adventurers!

My god this new genre of playing online with a massive amount of other players in a living, breathing world with it's own functioning economy may really catch on! Thanks to Blizzard changing the game forever!
    They're bringing back the "I hate seeing anyone anywhere but in the city but now I have to!" part of MMOs, because it's gone out of vogue in newer MMOs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    ROFL!!! You mean change it back to what it was always originally supposed to be as a, you know, MMO where you actually see other people online? WOW! Revolutionary stuff Blizzard is pioneering! Who would have thought that thanks to Blizzard's virtual realm merger Holy Grail breakthrough we may now be able to step into the warcraft universe ONLINE with other adventurers!

Nope. The Holy Grail stands for:

"the END of every dying single realm X months after launch of ANY new MMORPG launched"

Ever populated seamless background loading worlds regardless of the game's age, content level or world zone...

That's pretty much why I called it the Holy Grail.

Because for 7 years every "WOW killer" died because of the empty realms they had X time after launch.

That's solved now for ever. Be that for 200K subs or 10 million subs.

That's awesome.

A common new currency to pay across Blizzard games is a nice 3rd place though.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 03:19 PM.

The Blizzard shop already sells TONS of items for all games, both IN game as out of the game.

And the Coins is the new payment method to buy things from the Blizzard Store.

Wake up. Are you trolling ?

http://eu.blizzard.com/store/
    So, where do you see D3 starting to use Battle Coins? D3 already has its currency. In fact, where is the indicator that Battle Coins will work outside the in game store? The in game store will probably only have WoW in game items, I seriously doubt you will be able to buy a book inside WoW (possible, but doubt it).

We only have info that the WoW cash shop will work with Battle Coins. Will the Battle Coins work on the Battle.net Store? Will they work in D3?

I am not trolling, I am just asking you, where do you get the information that Battle Coins will be usable outside WoW cahs shop? And just to remind you, the Battle Coin info is from the WoW strings. The reference is to the in game cash shop, not the Battle.net Store.

It is called the B L I Z Z A R D store, not the WOW store.
    Is it going to be used in WOW? Is WOW teen rated? Is this the WOW section of forums?

I doubt having the ability to purchase items for cash directly in game would be looked upon favourably especially as many parents pay for their children to access the game. Having an alternative currency that can only be purchased out of game would avoid this and allows parents to keep a degree of control over what their children spend.

Predictions:

1/ Blizzard All Stars will use the same system, and will be F2P.

2/ Starcraft might get some cosmetic items to change unit appearences (in a similar way to current Collector's Editions and Achievements).

3/ WoW will have a weekly quest to hand in lesser charms to gain Store Coins.

So someone who plays all their games, or is very patient, never has to spend any extra money to get items from the store. But people can if they want to, to speed things up. Also means they'll probably add more stuff to buy, adding more variety.

All in all, sounds fine to me.

Looked through most of this, but didn't see what I'm about to post unless I'm blind.

If they were to use coins for the store (and it's the same coins obtainable in Hearthstone) then I could see them expanding it to all games. It could be something like you spend the following:

$1 - 100 coins
    $5 - 500 coins
    $10 - 1000 coins
    $15 - 1500 coins

Within the game you get a "monthly" cap within WoW of 1500 coins. Since you are paying $15 a month you would have the potential of earning $15 worth of "credit". Now granted for those who pay less will get a bonus as they aren't paying $15. Something like this similar I could see going in and wouldn't bother me at all. You wouldn't be able to buy all the items from the store at once, but still have the chance so you won't be seeing everything at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    But it is. Rather than wait to see how things play out, and to see what the actual affect in-game is, the proverbial toys were thrown out of the pram and the account cancelled. That is a great definition of over-reacting to my mind.
    Yep, just like the CRZ. People have no clue and they are impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Looked through most of this, but didn't see what I'm about to post unless I'm blind.

If they were to use coins for the store (and it's the same coins obtainable in Hearthstone) then I could see them expanding it to all games. It could be something like you spend the following:

$1 - 100 coins
    $5 - 500 coins
    $10 - 1000 coins
    $15 - 1500 coins

Within the game you get a "monthly" cap within WoW of 1500 coins. Since you are paying $15 a month you would have the potential of earning $15 worth of "credit". Now granted for those who pay less will get a bonus as they aren't paying $15. Something like this similar I could see going in and wouldn't bother me at all. You wouldn't be able to buy all the items from the store at once, but still have the chance so you won't be seeing everything at once.
    Someone is awake !

Of course it would be foolish NOT to "earn" coins in these Blizzard games as well.

Win a SC2 tournament ? X coins. Win 100 battles in HS against an opponent ? X coins.

They already said they would sell lots of battle maps of HS and new HS heroes through the Blizzard shop.

So it is up to Blizzard to combine play mechanics and games really.

it is better than my initial thought of having X free HS packs for an active WOW subscription.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 03:27 PM.

A good idea, but since I am sure blizzard have no intention of completely abandoning the model where people will pay cash then it might only be selected items which appear on that store, or the coin requirements would be high enough to not make them trivial to obtain.
    Certainly if it is realistic to earn an item say once a month, or every few months even through not excessive amounts of play then I would be happy with that sort of option.
    Really mirroring how some other games, particularly MOBA's work by unlocking champions via in-game means, or quicker by paying cash.

Yep, just like the CRZ. People have no clue and they are impatient.
    To be honest, CRZ (as currently implemented, and not to be confused with cross-realm grouping, which is related but separate) is piss-poor, and doesn't fulfill the goal of it. On the other hand, Virtual Realms (which requires the CRZ framework) should be a good thing; CRZ should never have been released on its own - CRG should have been released (as it was; with the CRZ framework implemented, but not turned on), and then VR enabled when it was ready.

As for the game store, it doesn't bother me in any way, shape, or form, I just find it ironic that you bash all other game stores, and then praise this (even though you're basing everything off a couple of datamined strings).

Actually, ironic isn't the right word, because we all know you're extremely biased. But it amused me none the less
    Last edited by rhandric; 2013-07-25 at 03:36 PM.

Time Effort to gain 10 coins in WoW\HS\WTV -> Weeks!
    Coin Shop Price Range -> 1000-5000
    Coin Real Money Price -> 10$ per 500!
    (pure speculation... but you get the idea i'd hope)

So yea, you can gain low\slow\insignificant amount of coins through play, that for any goodie you'll still have to pop real money. They just created a personal currency item (like RPs in LoL or other games) instead of the 'not that awesome' Blizzard Balance. They just went full cash shop within the brand.. which is smart, but they're not being 'good' to the customers, they're just capitalizing on the fanbase...

Deleted
    This will shut up the whole anti-store crowd now that you can earn them playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    This will shut up the whole anti-store crowd now that you can earn them playing games.
    Again, there is no information confirming that.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Time Effort to gain 10 coins in WoW\HS\WTV -> Weeks!
    Coin Shop Price Range -> 1000-5000
    Coin Real Money Price -> 10$ per 500!
    (pure speculation... but you get the idea i'd hope)

So yea, you can gain low\slow\insignificant amount of coins through play, that for any goodie you'll still have to pop real money. They just created a personal currency item (like RPs in LoL or other games) instead of the 'not that awesome' Blizzard Balance. They just went full cash shop within the brand.. which is smart, but they're not being 'good' to the customers, they're just capitalizing on the fanbase...

As long as you know the coins system will not touch upon the subscription based WoW and its competitive gear.

Blizzard confirmed this again a few days ago in Korea.

The system is there to support real free to play games like Hearthstone, not to replace the subscription of WoW.

But the goal is to promote combination play of Blzzard games of course. So the B Coins help to unite the playing of Blizzard games.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I think regarding CRZ, and to be fair to Blizzard, they are simply guilty of wanting to please their fanbase too much. I have always noticed Blizzard comes across as a "Oh wow this idea is great, let's introduce it!" and they seem to have an endless faith in their customers to not bitch/whine/be ingrates, even though time and time again it has been proved the opposite.
    I just think they announced/introduced it because they were so proud of it, and wanted to see if people would like it too, rather than think it through fully. Also, I wouldn't say it was piss poor, it just didn't hit all the spots people thought it would. It's basic goal of getting more people to see other players/increase world pvp was a success, so in that argument, it worked fine.
    Well, the problem with CRZ is that every single system of WoW (with a few exceptions, like named quest mobs and now the rares on IoT) conflict with the goals of CRZ. Which, you're right, CRZ isn't at fault there, it's the rest of the systems.

There's also an issue of lack of personal responsibility in CRZ, which already exists in LFx - who cares if you troll someone, chances are you'll never see them again. Which leads to certain behavior that pisses off other players. Sure, that's a community issue, but when certain groups of the community aren't used to experiencing such behavior (such as smaller servers merging with larger servers where that behavior thrives), it strikes a chord.

And ultimately, CRZ doesn't fix the problems that plague smaller servers - not enough players to do things with (or to be more restrictive in who you take to raids, etc). VR will (theoretically) solve that problem, though only time will tell.

But the goal is to promote combo play of Blzzard games of course.
    Even tho you have no proof that this is going to happen it sounds exactly like Sony Station Cash. A less threateningly named currency like Dollar or Pound. I am sure it has been mentioned but there will be no way in hell they will let you earn a currency in a free to play game that can be used to buy items that normally have a real money value. Play some deck building game for nothing to buy a $25 mount in wow is pure hogwash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    The store is just that.. A store. You can still buy the items with real life money and I guarentee you their main goal was to milk more from the consumer.
    You mean *SHOCK* they made items for a store in order them to sell?!

Well it's official, my mind is fucking blown by this revelation!

Quick question though, if I want to buy something because I like it, am I being milked? You know keeping in mind that what I like you might not, and what you like doesn't really bother me in the slightest....

So just so I know for the future, if I buy something I like, for a price I'm willing to pay and someone else doesn't like it, it's being milked?

And before you say something stupid like "it's a business they are supposed to want to make money", remember it is NOT OKAY for ANY business to do WHATEVER it takes just to make money.
    Are impoverished children in India working in shocking conditions to provide you with cheap pets? Did blizzard poison a lake with industrial waste to get the glowing effects on the helms? Are baby seals clubbed to death just so we can enjoy another mount?

From the way you've worded this hyperbole you'd think they'd taken your family hostage until they see your toon with something from the store.

Stop letting people rob you and smiling about it.
    Have people really lost the ability to choose that badly?

Have we reached the level of stupid around "the store" where the mere option to get something is considered robbery?