Thread: Hit Rating

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hit Rating

Howdy all,

I just won a Thunderforged normal Quadra-Head Brooch, neatly upgraded to 536.
    The problem I now have is that I can either reforge to just under the hit cap at 7.38% or over the cap at 8.10%.

Going over the cap (to 8.10%) is at the expense of Crit.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker with other items, reforge into / from hit on them and see what's the closest way you will get to the hit cap.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Deleted
    Just under is better.

For an excellent explaination as to why, see Mr Robot:
    http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/11/h...bout-hit-caps/

also it's sometimes beneficial to be under the hit cap. this magical border of 7,5% is not the answer. if you win more with staying 0,14% under it, you should do so

Deleted
    ReforgeLite is great for reforging.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    ^^^ This. ReforgeLite takes all the mind bending calculations out of the picture. Set it, and forget it!

Thanks for all the responses. I will set up ReforgeLite and give it a shot and let you know the results.

Cheers.

Change gems, if you truely only have the option to go for either 7.38 or 8.1 with reforging (which I doubt is true) then swap a 160 agi gem for an 80 agi 120 hit gem.

Deleted
    better to be under it for 0.12% then too waste stats to go over it with 0.6%

that said sometimes your forced too overcap, cause you gain so much more over what you did have before.
    cause of that my hunter was running around with around 9% experise for a few weeks.

Also keep in mind that you could sim your character to find your actual values to plug into reforgelite for optimal reforging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Change gems, if you truely only have the option to go for either 7.38 or 8.1 with reforging (which I doubt is true) then swap a 160 agi gem for an 80 agi 120 hit gem.
    Woah woah, nothing is worth losing that 80 agility for. Sacrificing 80 agility just to meet the hit cap? /doingitwrong

I would just stay a bit under its not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by trollsroyce View Post
    Woah woah, nothing is worth losing that 80 agility for. Sacrificing 80 agility just to meet the hit cap? /doingitwrong
    Actually, 2x Hit is worth more than 1 Agility, so 160 Hit > 80 Agi if you can use it up.

I personally have replaced all of my Agi/Hit gems with Agi/Stam assuming that the result still gives positive DPS increase(Eg. Tier Chest with 3 different coloured sockets and 180 agi bonus, 160+80+80+180=500 Agi + 160 Haste vs. 160+160+160=480 Agi)

Deleted
    Just under is better.

For an excellent explaination as to why, see Mr Robot:
    http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/11/h...bout-hit-caps/
    This is just wrong, why would you take a chance to miss a attack. Lets say you miss a KC under BW. Gz you just lost 300-400K damage. Do you really think that 0.05% crit for the fight will compensate for the lost attack ? It wont.
    Ofc you can do 10 bosses in a row and not miss. But rng can screw you over SO much more then you will EVER gain from that miniscule crit chance you gained.

Not beeing hitcapped and experticecapped is just plain stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Actually, 2x Hit is worth more than 1 Agility, so 160 Hit > 80 Agi if you can use it up.

I personally have replaced all of my Agi/Hit gems with Agi/Stam assuming that the result still gives positive DPS increase(Eg. Tier Chest with 3 different coloured sockets and 180 agi bonus, 160+80+80+180=500 Agi + 160 Haste vs. 160+160+160=480 Agi)
    Why would you gem stamina !??!? It adds absolutly "0" dps. While hit, if over cap still gives your the option to reforge out of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    This is just wrong, why would you take a chance to miss a attack. Lets say you miss a KC under BW. Gz you just lost 300-400K damage. Do you really think that 0.05% crit for the fight will compensate for the lost attack ? It wont.
    Ofc you can do 10 bosses in a row and not miss. But rng can screw you over SO much more then you will EVER gain from that miniscule crit chance you gained.

Not beeing hitcapped and experticecapped is just plain stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you gem stamina !??!? It adds absolutly "0" dps. While hit, if over cap still gives your the option to reforge out of it.
    Let's say you miss a KC under BW? Do I really need to run the maths on that? The chances of you missing that one attack out of every attack (including auto shot) that you do on a boss fight is ridiculously small.

Read the link before you comment dude. You're clearly one of those people that think "must reach the cap, have to reach the cap" and quite frankly, that's wrong.

I also gem agi/stam for blue slots when I want the bonus, but only while over the hit cap from my natural gear. Survivability > wasted hit. But I only make that swap if I'm hit capped and I can't go under.

Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    Also keep in mind that you could sim your character to find your actual values to plug into reforgelite for optimal reforging.
    Can you be a doll and tell me which Sim (website/program) you use for those values? This seems like the best option at the moment because ReforgeLite did drop the Hit to 'only' 8.00% flat (lost the 0.10%) it did tell me to remove a reforge I just put on and change another again making it seem like it doesn't know what it wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post

Did you even read what I said? I'm already 250 Rating over the cap with no hit gems and every Hit piece reforged out of it.

Sul'lithuz Sandmail

Is the chest I am currently using, it has 1 Red Socket and 1 Blue socket. Going with full Red gemming: 160 + 160 = 320 Agi. Going with Red + Purple: 160 + 80 + 120 = 360 Agility and I get 120 Stamina for free.

MAGIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Did you even read what I said? I'm already 250 Rating over the cap with no hit gems and every Hit piece reforged out of it.

Sul'lithuz Sandmail

Is the chest I am currently using, it has 1 Red Socket and 1 Blue socket. Going with full Red gemming: 160 + 160 = 320 Agi. Going with Red + Purple: 160 + 80 + 120 = 360 Agility and I get 120 Stamina for free.

MAGIC!
    This. What he is saying is that any hit putting you over 7.50% is completely worthless... being over the Hit cap already, there is no point in going Agi+Hit gems. I've done it in the past and put Agi+Stam gems in because at least the Stam, however little, adds to your survivability and helps your healers out that little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I'd actually advocate using mr robot's (yes, mr robot) beta reforger (you have to turn it on) over reforgelite. I'd say it's better because it doesn't have lua limitations.

Let's say you miss a KC under BW? Do I really need to run the maths on that? The chances of you missing that one attack out of every attack (including auto shot) that you do on a boss fight is ridiculously small.

Read the link before you comment dude. You're clearly one of those people that think "must reach the cap, have to reach the cap" and quite frankly, that's wrong.

I also gem agi/stam for blue slots when I want the bonus, but only while over the hit cap from my natural gear. Survivability > wasted hit. But I only make that swap if I'm hit capped and I can't go under.
    Regardless, it's still better to be at the caps.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of makes me long for the days where once I was hit capped I could replace blue sockets with good bonuses to Agi / Mp5 gems.

Simpler times...