Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

PvP gear is base stats... PvE gear viable in PvP?

Well that is my first thought after a long break.

With Resilience being a base stats, it sounds like that PvE players will have a great advancement, because of better stats on PVE gear and that they can use both sets in PvP and PvE?

PVE gear gets scaled down to 496 so PVP gear is better inside BGs and arena. world PVP however goes down to as always who gets the jump on who. PVE gera doesnt get scalled back. but they ofcourse have to be better then you to beat you, or rather you get the jump on them. blue post said world PVP isnt supposed to be fair so i dont think they care much

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE gear is being scaled down in arena and battlegrounds, which means that PvP gear as the same stats + bonus PvP Power.
    The only place where PvE gear is superior over PvP gear is the outside world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    PVE gear gets scaled down to 496 so PVP gear is better inside BGs and arena. world PVP however goes down to as always who gets the jump on who. PVE gera doesnt get scalled back. but they ofcourse have to be better then you to beat you, or rather you get the jump on them. blue post said world PVP isnt supposed to be fair so i dont think they care much
    Yeah dahm you blizzard! World pvp should be unbalanced, in the favour of pvp players.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE gear is viable in random BGs but in arena or RBG setting, it is not favorable.

In the open world, the highest item level is king, imo. My current PVE item level is 543 and I do not lose 1v1 against most players and could probably 2v1 unless they are equal/greater in gear.

I use PvP gear for arenas and RBGs and PvE gear for world PvP.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

They should just remove baseline resilience. No one likes it anyways. Either have full pvp gear or get 1 shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it is not viable in Arena or BGs?

I just read somewhere several players have been calculating on it, and even though it scales down, the stats were still greater with PvE than PvP gear.

If you got heroic stuff, you generally will squash pvp'ers, even if they get the jump on you, which happens to me a lot lol. Even with normal mode ToT stuff, between thunderforged stuff and upgraded gear, the PvP stuff isn't a guaranteed win anymore.

pvp gear >pve gear unless that stats are really good on the piece

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    They should just remove baseline resilience. No one likes it anyways. Either have full pvp gear or get 1 shot.
    Ye, because that is so fun for people with no pvp gear. Getting 1 shotted in 100's of bgs before they can get a full set.

Quote Originally Posted by Himynameis View Post
    Ye, because that is so fun for people with no pvp gear. Getting 1 shotted in 100's of bgs before they can get a full set.
    100s of BGs? My Monk just hit 90 last night and I have 6 pieces already and rest is crafted. Getting full gear takes like 3 days.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-07-25 at 06:20 PM.

I just wish they wouldn't scale the brackets. If I'm level 14 with full BoA, the entire alliance raid of no BoA level 10's should... /cower Nope, those Jabroni's have a shot.

- - - Updated - - -

100s of BGs? My Monk just hit 90 last night and I have 6 pieces already and rest is crafted. Getting full gear takes like 3 days.
    AV weekend and I had my full honor gear and 1/2 of my off spec set (high enough to let me queue as DPS in LFR!!).

Other weekends... it's slower, but still doable in a couple days.

Yeah, it's so devastating not being able to completely roll people who are just getting interested in PvP. What's the point of playing if you can't win without the slightest bit of effort?

Listen to yourself. That is an awful game design. The point of blizz adding higher baseline resilience was so more people can PvP and enjoy it. That is a good thing. Sorry you don't get free kills anymore.

God forbid you should actually have to make an effort to trounce another player. Does it ever occur to you that maybe one-shotting people doesn't take a lot of skill and maybe not everyone who can do it is good?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    Yeah, it's so devastating not being able to completely roll people who are just getting interested in PvP. What's the point of playing if you can't win without the slightest bit of effort?

Listen to yourself. That is an awful game design. The point of blizz adding higher baseline resilience was so more people can PvP and enjoy it. That is a good thing. Sorry you don't get free kills anymore.

What about PvP players who wants to explore PvE?

Remove gear stats for PvE so everyone with no effort can do the raid bosses.

Wait? No you dont want that you say?

But why not? Why are you guys so incredibly selfish?

You want PvP to be worthless. People who spent time in it should not feel progress.

But you really want to have progress in PvE.

How selfish can people seriously be. Only want what benefits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

You want PvP to be worthless. People who spent time in it should not feel progress.

Both PvP and PvE progression are broken. Great DPS at level 85 for a raider was 50-60k; now, at 90, it's 200k-300k and climbing by the week. I have one heroic piece and my bear did over 350K on Tortos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post

so people having to have PvP gear in order to pvp was an awful game design? People should just stop being lazy and crying all the time and grind out the gear like everyone else. I think every single game with PvP has had it ruined because of carebears who cry cause they die in 3 seconds. If you dont want to die dont PvP. PvP is already bad enough in WoW I just wish people would stop crying.

OMG the premades are GY camping us we cant win
    OMG I has no pvp gear some lock just 1 shot me

Maybe L2play?

so people having to have PvP gear in order to pvp was an awful game design? People should just stop being lazy and crying all the time and grind out the gear like everyone else. I think every single game with PvP has had it ruined because of carebears who cry cause they die in 3 seconds. If you dont want to die dont PvP. PvP is already bad enough in WoW I just wish people would stop crying.

OMG the premades are GY camping us we cant win
    OMG I has no pvp gear some lock just 1 shot me

Maybe L2play?
    Just curious how one is supposed to learn to play when being killed as soon as they spawn. Or when they just get 1shot.

How does someone who knows how to play cope with being 1shot and be camped by like 10 people?

The irony of this post is that you are crying at how other people are crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

Pretty much this.

I'm really curious as to what the PvE heroes have to say about this. Until you can join normals in full PvP with no questions asked, then you shouldn't be able to hold your ground in RBG/Arenas in normal/heroic gear either.

Deleted
    At a certain point, pve gea becomes better than pvp gear in world pvp.

Getting jumped by a fully heroic geared rogue who unleashed the burst of Satan on your ass isn't fun. Died in under 4 seconds even with Pain Sup. Ludicrous.

I still think that upping base resilience wasn't the way to go, it's made world pvp worse for it, and instanced is unnafected save for undergeared toons.
    meh whatever.