Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    That's a shame, would have made T2 even easier! :P

Never mind

- - - Updated - - -

Soon! The 3rd Thunderstruck/Ball Lightning is the hard one, make sure you've got a solid raid CD rotation going for P3.

We couldn't even kill Lei Shen yesterday, 2 normal geared healers and one inexperienced tank conspired against us. Hoping the scrubs can do it later this week without me! Anyone got tips for Lei Shen without an OP Paladin tank boosting your DPS and raid healing? :P Our best geared healer (Disc Priest)has recently had a hand operation as well, so we are currently running a Resto Druid / Holy Paladin / Mistweaver.

At least there will be 3 raids after I get back from holiday piror to 5.4 when we can kill Lei Shen again and polish of Ra-Den as well
    We're using the tactic with 2 ranged groups on either side of Lei Shen, but we're just getting nowhere with it even if we can make p3 on almost every attempt now. Winds/TS damage and then being zapped by a Diffused Lightning seems to be causing the healers some issue. Our resto druid certainly seemed annoyed enough at dying to a single Diffused Lightning.

Proper damage reducing cooldowns being used? Proper thunderstruck positioning? Not getting to something like 7th thunderstruck? If yes, tell your healers to quit whining and heal more.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    No one should be dying to Diffused Lightning, they are fully CC susceptible - people are probably just tunneling the boss and not sorting the adds out.

With everyone alive, you should expect to see 3 Thunderstrucks in P3, the 3rd Thunderstruck is the one that lines up with the other abilities quite tightly so you need big CDs there. Make sure you've got a solid CD rotation down for each Thunderstruck/Ball Lightning. We use Devotion Aura with Spirit Shell on the first, Devotion Aura with Revival on the second then Rallying Cry with Tranquility and Barrier on the 3rd (other CDs thrown in too depending on comp).

We've had attempts with shit movement where we spawned 3 Diffused Lightnings and they still never kill people - just stun / slow them! The only thing people tend to die to is Ball Lightning if the healers mess up a CD or we mess up the spawns.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Hey was just looking for a comment regarding out dps for this fight. We are 2 tanking and 2 healing. We manage to push transition 1 JUST before thunderstruck hits on the bouncing balls platform.

Do you reckon we can push phase 2 with only upgrading diffusion chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Hey was just looking for a comment regarding out dps for this fight. We are 2 tanking and 2 healing. We manage to push transition 1 JUST before thunderstruck hits on the bouncing balls platform.

Unlikely. We 3 heal and push it as the boss moves to the bolts quadrant, but don't have the damage to push second transition only leveling once.

Thanks for the help earlier. I'm back with a different question Just wondering what you guys would do for the first/second transition with this make up:

Brewmaster
    Blood DK

Holy Pally
    Disc Priest

Rogue
    Warlock
    Mage
    Frost DK
    Boomkin
    Ele Shaman

We're currently doing this:

Intermission 1: North {Cross} - Brewmaster, Mage | East {Triangle} - Blood DK, Moonkin| South {Diamond} - Disc Priest, Rogue, Ele Shaman | West {Square} - Holy Paly, Warlock, Frost DK
    Intermission 2: North {Cross} - [Disabled] | East {Triangle} - Blood DK, Disc Priest, Ele Shaman, Rogue | South {Diamond} - Brewmaster, Mage, Boomkin | West {Square} - Holy Paly, Warlock, Frost DK

The first one is now going ok, but kind of worried about the second one.

You should swop the moonkin with the rogue. Moonkins can spawn diffused lightning adds which area pita in the second transition. Melee aren't valid targets for diffusion chain so it eliminates that possibility.

Intermission 2 should be just 2 people on one quadrant (rogue and one tank)
    Then I'd just avoid having the ele shammy and DK together cos they are a little squishy.

Same question as the last guy, what would you guys recommend for splits with this comp:

Prot Paladin
    Blood DK

Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest

Boomkin
    Boomkin
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Warlock
    Ele Shaman

The next thing we will try is
    1) Prot Paladin

2) Boomkin w/heart, Blood Dk, Rogue

3) Disc Priest, Ele Shaman, Warrior

4) Holy Paladin, Boomkin, Warlock

Well we started wiping on 5% now Thx for the guide! We will have it dead this raid week!

Deleted
    Also wiped on 5% tonight, had a perfect p3 except for a hunter who died to the very first lightning whip, I could have punched him irl - can't help but be convinced we would have killed it if he hadn't derped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Also wiped on 5% tonight, had a perfect p3 except for a hunter who died to the very first lightning whip, I could have punched him irl - can't help but be convinced we would have killed it if he hadn't derped up.
    Yeah...reminds me of our 3% wipe before the first kill when our shaman died in T2 from helm... and we lost our mastery buff as well. Also, on our first kill, our hunter died in T2 with no b-rez and we had to 9man P3; was tough.

Keep plugging away, and you'll get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You should swop the moonkin with the rogue. Moonkins can spawn diffused lightning adds which area pita in the second transition. Melee aren't valid targets for diffusion chain so it eliminates that possibility.

Intermission 2 should be just 2 people on one quadrant (rogue and one tank)
    Then I'd just avoid having the ele shammy and DK together cos they are a little squishy.
    The part I'm confused about is if we have 2 melee on on platform, are they going to get an overcharge? Otherwise how would we handle the diffusion chain + 2 overcharges on one platform?

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    The part I'm confused about is if we have 2 melee on on platform, are they going to get an overcharge? Otherwise how would we handle the diffusion chain + 2 overcharges on one platform?
    Yes, melees can get targeted by overcharge. Only tanks can't.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Hellos,
    we are Actualy on this Boss on 10men Heroic..
    Setup 2 Tanks(Wich Could be Feral+Warrior or Feral+Monk Tank) 2 Heal 6 DPS

But we have som Issues with Moving the Boss like finding the right Moment... when do you guys move Lei-Shen from Pylon to Pylon?
    Happy so any Help..

10+ Year Old Account

Probably not, we have enough DPS to push just before even moving to the bouncing bolts platform (though we slow down to minimise risk) yet keeping it to only one tower level in p2 is always fairly tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    Hellos,
    we are Actualy on this Boss on 10men Heroic..
    Setup 2 Tanks(Wich Could be Feral+Warrior or Feral+Monk Tank) 2 Heal 6 DPS

But we have som Issues with Moving the Boss like finding the right Moment... when do you guys move Lei-Shen from Pylon to Pylon?
    Happy so any Help..
    For phase 1, from pylon 1 our guild taunts on the decapitate. From pylons 2 and 3 we wait for the 4 second warning on the second conduit ability.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    For phase 1, from pylon 1 our guild taunts on the decapitate. From pylons 2 and 3 we wait for the 4 second warning on the second conduit ability.
    i dont mean taunt i mean when u are moving him from pylon 1-2-3-4 in p1 and 1-2-3 in p2 u cant move him just only any taunt/decap since it would overload allrdy

our problem is we move from 1-2 when the decap get off than the first pylon is around 98 than we move from 2-3 before the 2nd diffusion chain 3-4 we usualy move when the the 2nd thunderstruck is beeing cast cauz if i move him right after its done he gets to 100
    actualy i dont see anyother usefull way to pull from 1-2-3-4 but still it wont works if we aren´t lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    i dont mean taunt i mean when u are moving him from pylon 1-2-3-4 in p1 and 1-2-3 in p2 u cant move him just only any taunt/decap since it would overload allrdy

our problem is we move from 1-2 when the decap get off than the first pylon is around 98 than we move from 2-3 before the 2nd diffusion chain 3-4 we usualy move when the the 2nd thunderstruck is beeing cast cauz if i move him right after its done he gets to 100
    actualy i dont see anyother usefull way to pull from 1-2-3-4 but still it wont works if we aren´t lucky
    You use taunt to move him, with the other tank standing in the next quadrant. Pylon 1 you taunt straight after Decapitate has gone off (the boss runs over to the tank at pylon 2), then for Pylon 2 and 3, the other tank taunts (standing at Pylon 3 and 4 respectively) when the pylon ability (Diffusion Chain and Overcharge) has 4 seconds remaining.

If you watch the video of our kill (my PoV is tank so it shows the taunts clearly), you'll see the timing. It's on the initial guide post.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Zab

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree with what the other guy said, we 3 heal it and do that... if you are 2 healing and only just pushing T1 before the Thunderstruck at Bouncing Bolts, your DPS sounds a little low though. If you aren't able to push P1 levelling nothing and P2 levelling only Diffusion Chain, then you are doing something wrong!
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    One way to marginally increase P2 damage is to not have focus to heavily on killing the ball lightnings and effectively use some of that healer mana to increase boss dps. Just a thought.

I assume people 3 healing this fight have mistweavers/disc priests doing some decent dps in p1/p2. If you can do it i certainly can see how p3 would be easier, although usually you'll find p3 deaths are more due to positioning mistakes more than anyhting else.

Deleted
    We 3 heal without a disc/mw (really no healer dps pretty much). We push p1 without leveling anything obviously, but we level overcharge in phase 2. We could push without, but don't see the need to really. In phase 3, we get 3 thunderstrucks, ocasionaly 4 but he is at like 2% or less at that point.

So yes, 3 healing is certainly viable and if you can meet the few DPS checks there, it certainly feels better/safer.