Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Golden Lotus reputation - Fears of an OCD reputation nerd

The Insane. Agent of Shen'dralar.

Yet no level 90 yet, mostly because I quit mid-Cata, I came back for a couple months earlier this year, got the MoP CE, but I am wondering: my main character is about level 86. If I re-upped my sub today, how long would you folks say it would take me to grind their reputation to exalted before 5.4 comes and, from what I've read - they disappear.

Are there any mobs I could farm to essentially grind it in a day? Or is it all damned dailies?

Thanks!

EDIT Sep 7, 2013

Hey folks,

I'm performing a thread resurrection as I finally hit 90 this morning (only resubbed a few weeks ago and have had school start as well as getting a second job) but I have started the Golden Lotus grind, and I am looking at the questline wiki... and I have a feeling I cannot finish it before Tuesday because of reputation problems.

Factoring in the fact I am going to be working this evening and then most of the day tomorrow, then school on Monday, do you guys think it is really at all possible in that time frame to get the reputation to do this? It's taking long enough to kill the level 90s for the quests as it is, since my gear is so subpar. >_<

If it helps, here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eltress/simple

So yeah, not even out of Neutral yet. :/

Thanks!
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2013-09-07 at 08:20 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

with some gear you can solo the zandalari warbringers/scouts depending on class, theyre a far faster way than just doing dailies
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since you have no 90's, you don't have double-rep commendations on anyone. So, it would take some time. Probably a good month for GL. You don't have to unlock GL to do the August Celestials anymore, at least.

The reps aren't going away, by the way, they're just not needed anymore for the VP gear that is shifting to JP. I've heard nothing about the dailies being removed or the rep being changed.

You can farm Warbringers and Warscouts until you get enough Stolen Golden Lotus Insignia's to get exalted. It could take you one day if you get lucky with drops and do it all day long.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they don't as far as I know a god deal of the daily do but not all and some npc that give rep then killed are added.

Once you hit revered on your first toon you can buy the Golden Lotus commendation, which essentially halves the amount of rep needed the rest of the way to exalted. Like the above said, Zandalari Warscouts are a really good way to get rep with all the MoP factions. I've maxed out a couple characters using just those. They are technically a rare spawn, but on my server they are almost always up.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are definetaly not restricted with the dailies. there are 2 specific creatures on various yet fixed locations ( zandalari scout and zandalari warbringer ) that you can kill to get reputation tokens for all ( maybe not all, but golden lotus is one of them ) starter MoP factions.

each token gives you 1100 reputation with guild perks, if you are human it goes even higher as you probably know.

scouts are easily soloable by almost any spec, warbringers however will definetaly require you to gather a group, especially at the early 90s. good luck with the grind

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    snip
    golden lotus rep isn't going away.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=215003/t...nd-5-4-changes

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a shadow priest. :P Maybe I'll nudge some friends.

I appreciate the helpful posts! Hey Dars, you still playing WoW?

Glad to hear it isn't going away though! I know I was listening to the voice overs coming in 5.4 and I explicitly heard at least how the Golden Lotus were essentially being killed off, but hey, now I don't need to worry as much.

Guessing it's just a phase, now?
    "A flower.

This gives a good breakdown so far of what will stay and be removed.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=215003/t...nd-5-4-changes

The achievement related to the golden lotus quest line is being turned into a feat of strength.

The pagoda where you take your dailies from currently is being removed but the NPC's are being relocated to the Setting Sun Garrison.

Reputation will still be obtainable through dungeons and scenarios (first of the day as bonus rep) and through killing monsters and rare mobs in the vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the helpful posts! Hey Dars, you still playing WoW?
    Still a 10 man raider. I'll be on all night till 1am tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    you are definetaly not restricted with the dailies. there are 2 specific creatures on various yet fixed locations ( zandalari scout and zandalari warbringer ) that you can kill to get reputation tokens for all ( maybe not all, but golden lotus is one of them ) starter MoP factions.

each token gives you 1100 reputation with guild perks, if you are human it goes even higher as you probably know.

scouts are easily soloable by almost any spec, warbringers however will definetaly require you to gather a group, especially at the early 90s. good luck with the grind
    So, I take it the mobs are level 90?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well since you have no 90's, you don't have double-rep commendations on anyone. So, it would take some time. Probably a good month for GL. You don't have to unlock GL to do the August Celestials anymore, at least.

The reps aren't going away, by the way, they're just not needed anymore for the VP gear that is shifting to JP. I've heard nothing about the dailies being removed or the rep being changed.
    A good portion of the dailies (The Golden Pagoda Dailies, for instance) are being removed- I believe that blizzard said something like only 30 of the previous 100+ Golden Lotus dailies were remaining.

In terms of rep, you will still be able to complete the Golden Lotus rep, and get the cranes. You will NOT, however, be able to complete a certain achievement, the Golden Lotus main quest chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Still a 10 man raider. I'll be on all night till 1am tonight.
    Awesome! May just give Blizz the newly updated debit card information, then. Don't get home from work till around 9:30PM though. =/ I find battle pets are a great way to level. XD
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A good portion of the dailies (The Golden Pagoda Dailies, for instance) are being removed- I believe that blizzard said something like only 30 of the previous 100+ Golden Lotus dailies were remaining.

In terms of rep, you will still be able to complete the Golden Lotus rep, and get the cranes. You will NOT, however, be able to complete a certain achievement, the Golden Lotus main quest chain.
    100+ dailies? HOLY SHIT.

So, Blizzard was at least trying to... give us many different kinds of dailies to do?
    "A flower.

Golden Lotus reputation will remain in 5.4.
    I can attempt to sum it up here, but you should look at http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=215003 for a more substantial guide.

Most quest hubs removed due to being destroyed.
    Reputation being granted by kills in the vale in addition to the few remaining daily quests.
    Alani will remain, and the mount is still obtained by the same means.
    Eternally in the Vale achievement will become a feat of strength as that storyline is removed.
    The named NPCs for One Many Army will become rare spawns awarding 200 reputation per kill.

Currently there are two ways to earn the reputation, daily quests or reputation tokens from the Zandalari Warbringers and Warscouts.
    The first of which requires level 90, the second does not but would require someone to carry you through the kills.

100 is an exaggeration, but there are multiple hubs each with a random selection of associated dailies.
    More hubs unlocked as your reputation increases, but that is limited in reputation gain by the number offered per day.

With 5.2 came the Isle of Thunder and its associated content, which includes two rare spawn Trolls at certain fixed locations around the Pandaria Continent.
    The warscouts will wander off along a patrol route from the spawn point, and are easier to kill.
    The more difficult warbringers can drop a mount in addition, and remain at their spawn point.
    Either of which can drop Bind to Account tokens for the pre 5.2 pandaria factions, including Golden Lotus.
    Each is worth 1000 reputation a time, plus any other bonuses from other sources.
    There is no daily limit to the number of those earned, just the ability to farm them which might be possible for tankier classes pre-90 for the warscouts, but requiring 90 and for some classes at least 2 players for the warbringers.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-25 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Why... do I have a feeling this quest chain covers multiple zones/the whole range from like 85-90? >_<
    "A flower.

Why... do I have a feeling this quest chain covers multiple zones/the whole range from like 85-90? >_<
    it doesn't so don't worry about it. it's all in the vale and is unlocked as you get the rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it doesn't so don't worry about it.
    Is it just in that Vale zone?

Are any quests not directly related to them required... or can I pretty much show up on their doorstep and say, can I start the quest to become friends with you guys?
    "A flower.

you have to do some prereqs in kunlai summit but that's it http://www.wowpedia.org/Vale_of_Eter...soms_storyline