Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's mean to be legendary. Not trash that everybody walks around with.
    It's already getting dumped down from everybody being able to aquire it with just a bit of work.
    But at least everybody won't walk around with it next expansion because they can't transmorg it.

Just like a lot of others says. You just disagree, but you don't see people run around with it everywhere. Only in orgrimmar or other cities where they want to look cool.
    Not using them in actual combat.
    Well. Seen a DK use warglaives, pushing 100k dps, but rest was HC gear. That was new to me :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

It's something that way more people have argued against their policy on. Their reasoning was that that everybody would use them to mog with. They didn't want them to feel less legendary with everyone running around with them (Which seems weird seeing as how many people will have the current one) and nobody would ever use other models. At least I think that was their reasoning for it back then. Maybe it's changed since then. Personally I might get tired of always seeing people use it to mog with just because it's legendary and not because they actually like the model. I know I wouldn't use it unless I liked the model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Legendaries aren't so legendary when they are sitting in your bank collecting dust, for this reason, they should allow it.
    this 10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    It's mean to be legendary. Not trash that everybody walks around with.
    It's already getting dumped down from everybody being able to aquire it with just a bit of work.
    But at least everybody won't walk around with it next expansion because they can't transmorg it.

Just like a lot of others says. You just disagree, but you don't see people run around with it everywhere. Only in orgrimmar or other cities where they want to look cool.
    Not using them in actual combat.
    Well. Seen a DK use warglaives, pushing 100k dps, but rest was HC gear. That was new to me :P
    Damn that's actually pretty funny. I remember seeing video of a rogue back in cata using warglaives and winning in arena.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    this 10chars
    And that is also a pretty compelling argument

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    They already are, and it still doesn't become a compelling argument.
    I find it compelling enough since they're the ones that choose what to put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    People say that allowing people to transmog to legendary weapons will make them feel less legendary. This makes no sense to me. First of all a legendary weapon is legendary no matter how many people have it. Second of all anybody can go out now and pick up a legendary weapon after some grinding. It's not like when the weapons first came out and it was a big deal for someone to obtain Thunderfury, The Warglaives, etc. from their raid. Back then The weapons had some real prestige and showed others that you were among the game's best players. Now if I see someone strutting around with a legendary out I don't take a second glance because they don't have nearly the same meaning as when they were current and just about anyone who wants an old legendary weapon can get it.

For me it makes sense to allow players to transmog to old legendary weapons because as I said before they really don't hold the same allure as they once did. For example, if this idea was implemented in Cataclysm, players could transmog to Thori'dal or Val'anyr and the like but not transmog to Dragonwrath or the Fangs. But now, since Cata is over, the legendaries released in that expansion would be transmoggable.

Another thing that I think should be brought up is that most people probably don't care one bit that a weapon is legendary or about the lore behind it and what it means, they just want to transmog to it becuase it looks really cool and there's nothing wrong with that. I mean that's the whole point of transmog; being able to make your character look the way you think is best and I think not allowing players to transmog to legendaries kind of inhibits creativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "But I wanna be a special snowflake!" argument, rather unfortunately, is the clear and present winner as to why we can't.

People assume that as soon as we can transmog legendaries, EVERYBODY will be running around with them. Such a simple-minded thought. I, for one, do not have a single transmog set for which ANY legendary weapon would match, and therefore would not use them. On top of that, the novelty of using legendaries for transmog will wear off eventually, and we'll all go back to enjoying the game and not bitching and whining that we can't be special snowflakes anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

If you could transmog warglaives, TF, Hand of Ragnaros... then I imagine everyones first choice would be those Legandaries. So as you are queueing for PvP you see 6 Rogues in Orgrimmar/SW... all of them have Warglaives... your group pops up... 2 rogues in your game have Warglaives... you then decide to do an LFR... 5 of the melee classes have Warglaives... I think the idea of transmogging legendaries would get stale quite fast.

I could see the newer legendary weapons (Val'anyr and on) not being able to be used with transmogrification. That's where over-population of legendary items would come into play, as it's a factor of "How long" not "How lucky". The how lucky part gives rarity to items, and that's true for items before Wrath of the Lich King. If Blizzard made it so progressively grinding legendaries were based around very low drop luck instead, I could see it happening.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    IMO Blizzard should make all Legendaries from old raids Epic instead. Same stats and all, but just Epic.
    Then award a Feat of Strength to any who got the Legendaries when they were current content.
    Those with the appropriate Feat of Strength can then use the corresponding Legendaries for transmog.
    The Epic versions should not be transmogable.

People can still get the old cool items and showcase them.
    Those who got the Legendaries back in the day can showcase them and show that they actually did something to get them through transmogs.

Deleted
    I don't understand why Blizzard would rather have people not use their Legendaries at all other than afking in sw/org? And their argument of 'ppl r going to use them lol' is pretty bad, because honestly, what is the problem with people using the weapons they want?

If you earned the legendaries when that content was current and there was a way for the game to determine whether you had earned the legendary when it was current I'd be fine with Blizz letting those select players them for transmog. Not if you were someone who farmed BT every week since MoP launched and just now got a set of Warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Damn that's actually pretty funny. I remember seeing video of a rogue back in cata using warglaives and winning in arena.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is also a pretty compelling argument
    Don't hang me up on it, but it might have been the player "reckless" you saw.
    Think he had some gimmick going that he didn't wanted to change weapons before he got enough conquest to get the arena-ones ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    IMO Blizzard should make all Legendaries from old raids Epic instead. Same stats and all, but just Epic.
    Then award a Feat of Strength to any who got the Legendaries when they were current content.
    Those with the appropriate Feat of Strength can then use the corresponding Legendaries for transmog.
    The Epic versions should not be transmogable.

People can still get the old cool items and showcase them.
    Those who got the Legendaries back in the day can showcase them and show that they actually did something to get them through transmogs.
    Î could live with this idea, for sure ^^
    By far the best i've heard all day
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    I find it compelling enough since they're the ones that choose what to put into the game.
    It's good that you are easily pleased. You'll lead a happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    If you earned the legendaries when that content was current and there was a way for the game to determine whether you had earned the legendary when it was current I'd be fine with Blizz letting those select players them for transmog. Not if you were someone who farmed BT every week since MoP launched and just now got a set of Warglaives.
    I would agree with this.

If you got it during the time of the content, you're good to go.

If not, then no.

nah i dont wanna spec combat tu use warglaives...

no no and nooo

please dont allow :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I think the "But I wanna be a special snowflake!" argument, rather unfortunately, is the clear and present winner as to why we can't.

People assume that as soon as we can transmog legendaries, EVERYBODY will be running around with them. Such a simple-minded thought. I, for one, do not have a single transmog set for which ANY legendary weapon would match, and therefore would not use them. On top of that, the novelty of using legendaries for transmog will wear off eventually, and we'll all go back to enjoying the game and not bitching and whining that we can't be special snowflakes anymore.
    Yeah, not many people would be getting them if this change went live. Only 2 kinds: Those who knew about them, but didnt bother to get them because they werent 'moggable, and those who didn't know about them, and know see them more frequently and want to get them.

All in all I don't see a compelling argument for either side. If people want to show off they can just equip them in cities? Hell, make a macro for your real weapons just before combat, you'll be using legendaries 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Legendaries aren't so legendary when they are sitting in your bank collecting dust, for this reason, they should allow it.
    That's how I feel. When you're tromping through my LFR, you better not have them equipped. Linking them? I can do it too via AtlasLoot. Without them being moggable, their single use is to be worn while you AFK at your respective Pandaria shrine. And I'm usually too busy to oggle your goofy outdated weapon weapon anyway.

Considering it takes one person to solo the content necessary for acquiring several legendaries instead of 25/40, I can see the reasoning that they would be too common.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Why not? Because rogues can't transmogrify any legendary weapon, and rogues are the best class there is.