Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesa View Post
    I made a thread similar to this back in September last year I think. They would have to start smaller than just going straight for a capital city. Technically undead don't need to eat, drink, or sleep. They could move through a lot of towns and kill people then turn them into undead. Another good thing about her army is whenever they kill someone they can be raised as undead in her own army. Then of course she has the plague which is an overwhelming advantage. She would just have to weave through the surrounding areas, clearing out all towns and posts before actually attacking a city. Halfway through her army would be so big it wouldn't matter though I think. The only problem is that she could be thwarted very early on if The rest of the Eastern Kingdoms respond fast enough and with heavy force.
    Im giving Sylvanas' army chance of getting into wetlands and not further. They will be spotted by scouts and spies and armed response will be given. The forsaken army is not built for war of attrition, nevermind they can raise humans to their cause. Most newly raised humans are straight out useless because they either become morons when they are raised, or they are so confused they can barely hold a blade, even if they were trained warriors in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yep, flames sure are easy to put out during a bombardment... That must be why Japan's cities were just fine and dandy after a napalm bombing during WWII.
    I tought you were talking about catapults. Not hundreds of B-17 flying fotresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    my opinion?
    There is no difference from a high explosive, plauge, or beef jerky bomb.
    Death is death, destruction is destruction dont matter how it happens
    Yes there is.

One kills. One doesn't. One turns you into an Undead against your will, where you've given a 'choice' - help kill your former friends, allies and family, or die again.

If you can't work this out, then I'm very worried for your mental wellbeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I tought you were talking about catapults. Not hundreds of B-17 flying fotresses.
    Fire is fire. You aren't going to be putting it out when more bombs are flying overhead regardless if they're from catapults or bombers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Fire is fire. You aren't going to be putting it out when more bombs are flying overhead regardless if they're from catapults or bombers.
    Hundreds of B-17 flying fotresses loaded with tons of incendiary bombs have a LOT more capacity for destruction than like 5 catapults firing a projectile every few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah. They're not being killed and then put back to normal like they were wished back with the dragon plot convenience balls, they're brought back as undead, who cannot have children, have rotting senses, etc. Maybe you could try and argue it's not technically genocide but certainly not a temporary thing.
    If its not genocide then its mass mutilation, which is almost as bad (or worse, depending on who you ask).

Deleted
    Im giving Sylvanas' army chance of getting into wetlands and not further. They will be spotted by scouts and spies and armed response will be given. The forsaken army is not built for war of attrition, nevermind they can raise humans to their cause. Most newly raised humans are straight out useless because they either become morons when they are raised, or they are so confused they can barely hold a blade, even if they were trained warriors in life.
    Oh, and to add-on on my opinion, Forsaken reanimation is not like Scourge reanimation. Humans resurrected by the forsaken still have a mind of their own, and some of theese newly-raised forsaken, especially people killed by them moments earlier, might turn on the forsaken themselves. Wich causes chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hundreds of B-17 flying fotresses loaded with tons of incendiary bombs have a LOT more capacity for destruction than like 5 catapults firing a projectile every few minutes.
    And a town full of people with shovels and buckets aren't going to be putting out fires with any efficacy in either case. IDK if you noticed, but sieges in Warcraft use more than 5 catapults and they fire much faster than every few minutes. Plus there's all the other shit going on with an attack.

80% of San Fransisco burned to the ground in 1906 without being bombed.

Oh, and to add-on on my opinion, Forsaken reanimation is not like Scourge reanimation. Humans resurrected by the forsaken still have a mind of their own, and some of theese newly-raised forsaken, especially people killed by them moments earlier, might turn on the forsaken themselves. Wich causes chaos.
    Which is evident with the questing in Silverpine. She would literally have to become the next Lich King in order to pull off a stunt like that. As it stands she has the capability to restock her numbers and has access to a very potent gas bomb but when it comes to being able to stop the entire Alliance plus the Horde (if you think they won't go against her you are delusional) she is up against a wall she cannot climb.

10+ Year Old Account
    People raised immediately after being killed are in a crazed state, they don't attack Forsaken because they hate what just happened to them. Their disorientation is actually exploited by the Forsaken who point them at the Forsaken's enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the firebomb misses, Flames, grab a shovel and some sand and you are fine.
    Hahahaha awww man. I better head down to the fire department and tell them how wrong they've doing it for all these years. We're talking fire bombs here not campfires.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Hahahaha awww man. I better head down to the fire department and tell them how wrong they've doing it for all these years. We're talking fire bombs here not campfires.
    Grab your buddies with shovels and counter the flame.

Believe it or not, in the medieval times, thats how folks living in forts counteracted fire artilerry.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if she has dozen's of Frostwyrm's that are capable of dropping plague bombs over Stormwind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    What if she has dozen's of Frostwyrm's that are capable of dropping plague bombs over Stormwind?
    Stormwind has a flying aircraft carrier with cannons ontop of it plus some supposed anti-air defenses.
    Plus, she dosen't. We would have known if Sylvanas had undead dragons on her side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind has a flying aircraft carrier with cannons ontop of it plus some supposed anti-air defenses.
    Plus, she dosen't. We would have known if Sylvanas had undead dragons on her side.
    She has powerful necromancer's on her side such as Helcular, who was apprentice to Kel'Thuzad himself. He could certainly raise some lesser dragons.

I doubt the flying aircraft carrier could shoot down an entire fleet of undead dragon's.

I dont think it is possible. The Alliance might have a pretty powerful weapon at its disposal, but I am not really sure because I cant find the answer to the question "Is the Exodar just a space ship or does it have weapons?" If it is more than a ship I would think we could just fly it over to any capitol city and decimate it or any army on Azeroth. Im pretty sure according to lore it is rebuilt and functional at this point. At the very least we could use it like Super Mario and just go around landing on things.

Good point, they could surround Ironforge though and starve it from receiving any supplies outside of the mountain, they would run out of food eventually.

Also Stormwind doesn't have the benefit of being inside a mountain and would be crippled by plague bombing.
    The Deeprun Tram begs to differ with you on a "surround and starve" tactic. So long as either Stormwind or Ironforge aren't under siege, neither can be "starved" out. Also a thing not brought out into game often, but is in the lore, the Forsaken are just as weak against "the light" as Scourge and other undead (Up until TBC no Horde race used "the light" for any of their healing, then in TBC the lore point was kinda ignored for the sake of gameplay). So....out of the two Alliance cities to take out, Ironforge and Stormwind are probably the two worst, as they are the Alliance's major priesthoods for the light. The only other place that would be more absurd to try and attack would be the Exodar.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

She has powerful necromancer's on her side such as Helcular, who was apprentice to Kel'Thuzad himself. He could certainly raise some lesser dragons.

I doubt the flying aircraft carrier could shoot down an entire fleet of undead dragon's.
    She doesn't have them, and there's no indication she's getting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grab your buddies with shovels and counter the flame.

Believe it or not, in the medieval times, thats how folks living in forts counteracted fire artilerry.
    Yep, fire is so easy to counter they had to ban its use in warfare.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted

And you find out an entire graveyard of dragons where exactly? Northrend? Under the nose of the Wyrmrest Accord? Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    The Deeprun Tram begs to differ with you on a "surround and starve" tactic. So long as either Stormwind or Ironforge aren't under siege, neither can be "starved" out. Also a thing not brought out into game often, but is in the lore, the Forsaken are just as weak against "the light" as Scourge and other undead (Up until TBC no Horde race used "the light" for any of their healing, then in TBC the lore point was kinda ignored for the sake of gameplay). So....out of the two Alliance cities to take out, Ironforge and Stormwind are probably the two worst, as they are the Alliance's major priesthoods for the light. The only other place that would be more absurd to try and attack would be the Exodar.
    Yeah. And to the arguement of 'they'll just bomb and collapse it,' they'll have to get their forces a great deal further south than IF assuming it's not an underground lake to begin with. And the forsaken aren't gnomes or goblins, they're not explosives experts let alone underwater explosives.

- - - Updated - - -

And you find out an entire graveyard of dragons where exactly? Northrend? Under the nose of the Wyrmrest Accord? Great idea!
    What wyrmrest accord?