Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    How do you see it helping short of a new raid?
    Well alot honestly. Timeless isle is like barrens on steroids. The new raid is huge and looks great. wow xpac announcement in November most likely which always helps sub numbers some. Virtual realms will make all realms feel alive again. 5.4 is arguably the biggest patch ever not counting xpac launches. 4.3 stopped the sub losses dead in their tracks, and i expect 5.4 will too.

9.6 to 8.3 was a 8.5% decline.

8.3 to 7.7 is a 7.3% decline.

Losing 7% of your customers in a quarter is not stabilization, they lost roughly the same % of the player base last quarter as they did the quarter before.
    Last edited by Zaqwert; 2013-07-26 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    If 5.2 which had one of the best raids we've seen in a while as well as quite a lot of extra content didn't help subs go up, I doubt 5.4 will.
    4.2 didnt help the sub losses either. End of xpac allways does every single time. Even dragonsoul made them stable for months.

7.7M sounds solid to me at this point in a product life cycle. Blizzard should be having a collective sigh of relief. Maybe they can get back to fixing the parts of the game that make me uninterested in resubbing now.

If 5.2 which had one of the best raids we've seen in a while as well as quite a lot of extra content didn't help subs go up, I doubt 5.4 will.
    "Achiveing goals, reaching milestones, getting max level, collecting the best in slot gear, clearing all content on the hardest difficulty, and so on and so forth can NEVER be the single and exclusive source of fun."

Most players don't do normal raids. The game and expansion is getting old. I'm still having a good time with RBGs and arena, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, we're down towards TBC like numbers. All of the douches and bads are gone, pretty much.

The only thing that would really affect WoW subs at this point would be another major MMORPG release (FFXIV, Wildstar, ESO, etc.). All of those are a ways off (FFXIV is next month but we wouldn't see how it affects WoW subs until towards the end of the year when the next WoW expansion will be getting hyped up). So I'm not sure subs will dip much more (although who knows anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well alot honestly. Timeless isle is like barrens on steroids. The new raid is huge and looks great. wow xpac announcement in November most likely which always helps sub numbers some. Virtual realms will make all realms feel alive again. 5.4 is arguably the biggest patch ever not counting xpac launches. 4.3 stopped the sub losses dead in their tracks, and i expect 5.4 will too.
    4.3 was annual pass if I am not mistaken ( which I could be) so that helped to hold the numbers up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

8.3 to 7.7 is over a 7% decline.

Losing 7% of your customers in a quarter is not stabilization, they lost roughly the same % of the player base last quarter as they did the quarter before.
    The next expansion hype plus 5.4 will at least slow the fall down a lot. There is no way in hell they drop under 6m during MoP.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The next expansion hype plus 5.4 will at least slow the fall down a lot. There is no way in hell they drop under 6m during MoP.
    Honestly it depends on how long SoO lasts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    A drop isn't much of a surprise. WoW has already reached it's prime in Wrath/early Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempis View Post
    4.3 was annual pass if I am not mistaken ( which I could be) so that helped to hold the numbers up
    They will have enother pass im sure. Quarter 3 will be the biggest drop left during MoP prob to like 7.2m and theres a good chance they dont fall under 7m until next expanison. I

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Time will tell, and often have I been proven wrong in my own predictions

I dont expect for people to suddenly start re-upping their subs because of the last dungeon of the expansion. If anything they'll wait for the next expansion because the epic grindfest that MoP is will stonewall a lot of people from even seeing it within a reasonable time. The only people who wouldnt have to put up with grinding 5 factions to get the gear necessary to do the final raid would be people who never really gave up the game to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    4.2 didnt help the sub losses either. End of xpac allways does every single time. Even dragonsoul made them stable for months.
    Frankly, the yearly pass probably helped with that.

In addition, the problem is probably NOT with (real) raiders... Even if it were, they make up a small percentage of the community anyway. The problem likely lies with people not finding LFR to be an "enjoyable" avenue at max level, if indeed that is all that's available to them. It's the only gear treadmill, and for "casual" players, it's quite frankly the ONLY content they can do... without any sort of real challenge, running that gear treadmill over and over again starts to lose its draw.

I also haven't seen Blizzard do much advertising lately, beyond the initial commercials for MoP.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post

8.3 to 7.7 is a 7.3% decline.

and wow dropped 1.3 mill the quarted before that, the numbers leaving the game have been going done, Not as big sub drop numbers http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/05/08/wo...ry-down-to-8m/

ugh ignore me read wrong, its late here, still the numbers are not bleeding as much now
    Last edited by tempis; 2013-07-26 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Honestly it depends on how long SoO lasts.
    Considering how long the past two tiers have lasted I reckon 3-5 months at most.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to make a graph for this

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Q4 2010 at 12 million players world wide reported by blizzard http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=548900

Q1 2011 - Blizzard reported a 600,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=575495 this would bring subs down to 11.4 million world wide

Q2 2011 - Blizzard reported a 300,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=596540 this would bring subs down to 11.1 million world wide

Q3 2011 - Blizzard reported a 800,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/discl...eventid=104674 this would bring subs down to 10.3 million world wide

Q4 2011 - Blizzard reported a 100,000 subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=108428 this would bring subs down to 10.2 million world wide

Q1 2012 - Blizzard reported Subscribers remained flat (no lost reported) http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=112584 this would keep the subs at 10.2 million world wide

Q2 2012 - Blizzard reported 1.1 Million subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/discl...eventid=116427 this would bring subs down to 9.1 million world wide

Q3 2012 - Blizzard reported 10 Million Plus players (900k plus player gain) http://investor.activision.com/event...eventid=120047 this would bring subs up to 10 million plus world wide

Q1 2013 - Blizzard reported 9.6 Million subscribers lost http://investor.activision.com/discl...eventid=124455 this would bring subs up to 9.6 million plus world wide
    They said on may 8th they had 8.3 million

today is July 25th they are at 7.7 million

I'm going to make a baseless prediction of 5 million subs total by the end of MoP or by the end of the quarter after the next expansion launches and stabilizing at that number for a few expansions after.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15