Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's mid-expansion, a slump is to be expected.

Sigh, why am I getting involved in these stupid discussions? Who cares about subs? Except for using them in stupid e-peen measuring contests on the forums. They have no effect on how fun the game is.

All of which is irrelevant and will be drowned out by the next xpac anyway.
    All I have seen is a continued decline since 2010. The new xpac will make the numbers inflate some but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    If 5.2 which had one of the best raids we've seen in a while as well as quite a lot of extra content didn't help subs go up, I doubt 5.4 will.
    5.3 had nothing good
    if the quarter was just from 5.2-5.3 then yeah, its not tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Cool story bro.
    I happen to enjoy the game right now - so that makes me apologist somehow?
    Read that part with 'WoW is dying' again. It's my opinion that if WoW was doing good, it would at least have a somewhat stable player base, but with every few months we see more and more players leaving. I expect it to drop even more at about 5M before it becomes stable. I know that there are still a few million people enjoying WoW, maybe because of nostalgia or because they like what the game became. I will enjoy it too again if the next expansion is good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't get your point. I'm happy with World of Warcraft, so why should I spend my time criticizing it? You're welcome to.

But I'm not, so why not spend my time criticizing it? If a guy dares to say anything bad about WoW on these forums, the smallest thing, he will get flamed. This only encourages me in keeping my opinion as it is.

I want to remind you all that this thread is about WoW losing subscribers. Don't you want to accept the other side of the story? From the point of view of someone who left? Then please change the title to 'Let's find excuses to the continuous subscription drop'.
    Last edited by mmoc1624a4632d; 2013-07-26 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Man, I love you guys. The game is at almost half of the subs it once had, so 50% of the players quit WoW. Yet every single person here finds excuses for Blizzard. I don't know.. at least in my case (and I'm 100% confident that I'm not alone), I am waiting for the game to get good for me again. I have absolutely no reason to play right now. WoW doesn't have that 'something' that motivates me to play. WoW is dying, and no, it's not that stupid argument. WoW is dying individually if you get what I mean. WoW is dying for me, at some point it will die for you. For 50% of the players it already died. It doesn't matter if they are from Europe, America or Asia. We all play the same game, even if we use different payment methods. Maybe I'm wrong. But this is my opinion.
    I used to play the game, then everything became the same. Which is when I got a little...

Nauuuughtyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    All I have seen is a continued decline since 2010. The new xpac will make the numbers inflate some but thats it.
    Your point is? wow still has at least 50% more subs then any mmo i know of ( even before they went FTP) no game is ever going to keep gaining subs, Nor is wow Dying, when they hit 1m I will start to worry then.

There really isn't much to discuss as it's the same as any product of any kind following the natural decline in it's cycle.
    WoW will continue to lose subs but at slower rates each time for the next few years, what happens after is up to Blizzard.
    But don't think the subs will rise bar the short peak during a new major patch/expac this is just a natural graph, nothing new or exciting.

But I'm not, so why not spend my time criticizing it? If a guy dares to say anything bad about WoW on these forums, the smallest thing, he will get flamed. This only encourages me in keeping my opinion as it is.

I want to remind you all that this thread is about WoW losing subscribers. Don't you want to accept the other side of the story? From the point of view of someone who left? Then please change the title to 'Let's find excuses to the continuous subscription drop.
    No offense but what else did you expect on a wow fansite?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tempis View Post
    Your point is? wow still has at least 50% more subs then any mmo i know of ( even before they went FTP) no game is ever going to keep gaining subs, Nor is wow Dying, when they hit 1m I will start to worry then.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe age of wushu has 20 million subs in asia.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    inb4 ErHMERHGAWERD WOW IS DYING GUIZ
    What was it at before? Not like it matters much anyway
    inb4 ErHMERHGAWERD wow will pick up again/this is just a setback/its before a new patch/expected around summer time etc etc etc etc

....oh wait, it was brough up in the first post after the OP....that didnt take long did it before the blizzard sheep sniffed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I used to play the game, then everything became the same. Which is when I got a little...

Nauuuughtyyyyy.
    Thank you for the new sig.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Wow still has 80% more subs than all the other subscription mmos combined.*

*note: percentage was just an exaggaration
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe age of wushu has 20 million subs in asia.
    If i am not mistaken its FTP

another 600,000 leaving from may 8th? (79days ago) so ~7500 quitting each day.

tbh that's not as bad as I would of thought considering Age of Wushu being released.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read that part with 'WoW is dying' again. It's my opinion that if WoW was doing good, it would at least have a somewhat stable player base, but with every few months we see more and more players leaving. I expect it to drop even more at about 5M before it becomes stable. I know that there are still a few million people enjoying WoW, maybe because of nostalgia or because they like what the game became. I will enjoy it too again if the next expansion is good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to remind you all that this thread is about WoW losing subscribers. Don't you want to accept the other side of the story? From the point of view of someone who left? Then please change the title to 'Let's find excuses to the continuous subscription drop'.
    Wow has always had players leaving but they had new players to balance it. There was a quote somewhere that said like 55 million players have come and gone throughout Wow's career.

I wish Blizzard would state sub numbers based on region so we can really see whether the US/Europe is having issues or if it's truly only APAC. Revenue doesn't tell us much because of different sub models.

People that constantly bring up other mmo's as though your attacking someone elses pride is FUCKING PATHETIC!!!
    wow has more subs , my car is better than your car, my dad is better than your dad....fucking loosers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players isnt the same as subs. Its possible wow has 20 mil players if you count in the ftp level 1-20s and the private server people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    Yay, we're down towards TBC like numbers. All of the douches and bads are gone, pretty much.
    Other way around. Most of the older/non asshole players are gone.

Community is declining if you didn't notice, which means we're mostly keeping these bads/douches.

Anyways, I'm kinda shocked that after two expansions, we've dropped, what, almost 5 million subs? I could have sworn at some point in Lich King, we were at 12m.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i am not mistaken its FTP
    Also, if wow was ftp it would easily have 20m players.

Going to drop even further, even if 5.4 comes out and expansion is announced.

They are being EXTREMELY casual unfriendly in 5.4. If you played TOO MUCH, you have no new gear you can work for in 5.4, because the upgraded Shado-Pan gear you have now will be better than the gear from SoO LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is wow is in its 4th stage of its product lifecycle. Oh you would be wrong the product is in fact in decline. The decline stage is where most of the product class usually dies due to low growth rate in sales. A number of companies share the same market, making it difficult for all entrants to maintain sustainable sales levels. Not only is the efficiency of the company an important factor in the decline, but also the product category itself becomes a factor, as the market may perceive the product as "old" and may not be in demand. It is not always necessary that a product should go through these stages. it depends on the type of product, its competitors, scope of the product, etc.

Wow has more subs than XXXX mmo is not relevant to what I said.

Also AOW and LOL has more players
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-07-26 at 06:11 AM.