Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Man I love the dev team right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    No, AMoc got a 30% nerf... think about it.
    Live AMoC = 100%
    Readiness = 2x 100% = 200%
    PTR AMoC = 140% of Live but no Readiness
    140/200 = 7/10 thus PTR AMoC does 30% less damage than two Live AMoCs.
    I'm not going to mix myself into this whole argument, but don't forget that you need to wait 30 seconds before you can use your 2nd Crows, which will then go on a 2 minute cooldown.

Readiness does not let you cast twice as many AMOCs. The change is a buff or a nerf depending on how long the fight lasts and if there are burst windows you can capitalize on with the higher damage over 30 seconds. On average the change is a net gain, but not a big one.

Live AMoC = 100%
    Except AMoC isn't a 5 min CD, and is used several more times than the two times it's used with readiness, depending on the fight. And all of those uses are increased by 40%.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Live AMoC = 100%
    That is not how the math works... If you're not smart enough to understand it yourself: you do not have readiness up to do double AMoCs every time. The proper math has already been shown in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    fantasy-wise, it's pretty cool IMO, technically, not so much. So I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Ofc, having cool stuff is always great but if it doesn't work in reality, it's really just irritating and annoying and might aswell not be there. And we know from experience that putting important stuff on the pet......turns out to be on annoying side of things.

Live AMoC = 100%
    Sure, if every fight in SoO is between 30s and 1m59s long.

But if we take a real fight length, then you'll see it is closer. Also, the buff to AMoC was not supposed to be the only answer to Readiness being removed.

---

The AMoC buff is also a nice buff to burst and burn phases at the end of a fight.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    fantasy-wise, it's pretty cool IMO, technically, not so much. So I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Agree with that. I kind of like the idea of the pet getting it, but from a in-practice approach, it just wouldn't work well. Looking forward to seeing what they plan for us, and I like the idea that we alone will get something different (as long as it's still on par w/ everyone's)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5149?page=3#47

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We actually have an alternate proc in the works for Hunters, we just weren't able to get it ready in time for this PTR push. Giving you the melee proc off of your pets was just a temporary measure
    Got home and saw this and..... all I can say is thank god and that I am happy. But lets hope they dont use our pet on a different proc...

Deleted
    Just letting my imagination go wild here on the new cloak hunter proc.

What if it summons an image of Xuen or a cub of Xuen on the mob that it procced on and either swipe in a pretty big cone or dashing around that mob hitting other mobs near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    What if it summons an image of Xuen or a cub of Xuen on the mob that it procced on and either swipe in a pretty big cone or dashing around that mob hitting other mobs near it.
    Uh, that would be even worse and you wouldn't be able to control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    will be fine if they remove the CD on BS and only incur a CD if special is made to a player.
    This, or somehow only make it have a CD while in Arena/BG's/etc.

I am glad blizz is going out of their way to give hunters their own proc. The pet thing had me slightly worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    That is not how the math works... If you're not smart enough to understand it yourself: you do not have readiness up to do double AMoCs every time. The proper math has already been shown in the other thread.
    In the other threat still show a nerf, so idk what you talking about. arguing for the sake of arguing? every 5 min you gain 1 extra AMoC. if you count also those times where you can cast it bellow 20% (wich are REALLY REALLY rare cases) still a nerf.

The 40% AMoC buff is probably to make it more attractive than Blink Strikes, DPS-wise. As-is, they're almost identical, and one is passive, the other is not - and they want the non-passive choise to be stronger than the passive choise.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the other threat still show a nerf, so idk what you talking about. arguing for the sake of arguing? every 5 min you gain 1 extra AMoC. if you count also those times where you can cast it bellow 20% (wich are REALLY REALLY rare cases) still a nerf.
    It's actually a buff. In a 5 minute 30 second fight, you'll get 6 AMoCs in (since you have to wait 30 seconds to cast the second AMoC). Without readiness you get 5 AMoCs. On live let's say the AMoCs did 100k per cast. In 5min 30 seconds they'd do 600k. On the PTR each AMoC would do 140k per cast. So, the 5 AMoCs would do 700k. Unless a fight is shorter than 2 minutes and 30 seconds (3 AMoCs for 300k on live vs 2 AMoCs for 280k on PTR.) It is without a doubt, a buff.

Deleted
    nice that they will change the procc for us, seems underwhelming, and i want the graphic on my cloak, not pet!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the length of the fight. Overall it might a very slight nerf, but nowhere near the ridiculous 30% someone claimed. From the other thread:

Fight Length (mins) -> Number of AmoC (W/Readiness) -> Damage (w/Readiness) -> Number of AMoC (No Readiness) -> Damage (No Readiness)

1 2 200% 1 140%
    2 2 200% 1 140%
    3 3 300% 2 280%
    4 3 300% 2 280%
    5 4 400% 3 420%
    6 5 500% 3 420%
    7 6 600% 4 560%

Legendary cloak proc does about 3% of my total damage on training dummy. Is this joke or something? Doesn't feel like legendary at all. Meta does twice more. I was expecting at least 10% or more...

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Legendary cloak proc does about 3% of my total damage on training dummy. Is this joke or something? Doesn't feel like legendary at all. Meta does twice more. I was expecting at least 10% or more...
    The proc is being updated which may also buff it so there's no need to start complaining yet.