Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Legendary cloak proc does about 3% of my total damage on training dummy. Is this joke or something? Doesn't feel like legendary at all. Meta does twice more. I was expecting at least 10% or more...
    The cloak is AOE. The meta gem is singletarget. You're testing the cloak on a single target (dummy). Of course it's going to do less damage.
    Also, remember that the "legendary" of this expansion is everything in a package - the meta gem, the socket, the cloak. When you look at it all "together", it's really quite an insane boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    How about a simple AoE proc from our shot? Or a proc'd shot that does the AoE? I mean really, would it be that hard? Having the proc come from the pet means you will never see it unless soloing and that you have to rely on your stupid pet to be in the right place. Its basically laziness and if they have problems making a cloak for both hunters and melee physical dps then they should just make one only for hunters that works correctly.
    i agree with this. id much rather have it come from the hunter than the hunter's pet. it just makes so much more sense overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The cloak is AOE. The meta gem is singletarget. You're testing the cloak on a single target (dummy). Of course it's going to do less damage.
    Also, remember that the "legendary" of this expansion is everything in a package - the meta gem, the socket, the cloak. When you look at it all "together", it's really quite an insane boost.
    An RPPM AoE proc is of little to no use in this game though...None of the SoO bosses i can think of have sustained aoe [Protectors maybe being the exception], just burst (think Wind-Lord Mel'Jarak constant aoe vs Lei Shen Ball lightning bursts) 95% of the time it's going to proc single target, so personally i'd rather it be balanced to have a Barrage/GT-type effect, where it hits much harder single target, with a weaker aoe component.

I don't disagree that 6% meta + 3% Cloak proc + 1k primary +1k secondary stats cloak (+socket but that's negligible tbh) is not an immense boost. It just seems a little bit silly that the best part of the legendary quest is the middle stage, and not the final piece.

Finally, I heard that the golden lotus may give us a final reward after Garrosh, but Wrathion ends with the cloak. That's great, but I really hope they give us a way to add a Sha-touched socket to our cloaks to add the +500 stats gem again, seems a huge shame to waste a reward like that
    Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2013-07-27 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It's actually a buff. In a 5 minute 30 second fight, you'll get 6 AMoCs in (since you have to wait 30 seconds to cast the second AMoC). Without readiness you get 5 AMoCs. On live let's say the AMoCs did 100k per cast. In 5min 30 seconds they'd do 600k. On the PTR each AMoC would do 140k per cast. So, the 5 AMoCs would do 700k. Unless a fight is shorter than 2 minutes and 30 seconds (3 AMoCs for 300k on live vs 2 AMoCs for 280k on PTR.) It is without a doubt, a buff.
    This post is actually wrong. I apologize. I was under the impression that AMoC had a 1 minute cooldown for some weird reason. Beace's post is correct. It is a slight nerf to AMoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dela2k10 View Post
    An RPPM AoE proc is of little to no use in this game though...None of the SoO bosses i can think of have sustained aoe [Protectors maybe being the exception], just burst (think Wind-Lord Mel'Jarak constant aoe vs Lei Shen Ball lightning bursts) 95% of the time it's going to proc single target, so personally i'd rather it be balanced to have a Barrage/GT-type effect, where it hits much harder single target, with a weaker aoe component.

I don't disagree that 6% meta + 3% Cloak proc + 1k primary +1k secondary stats cloak (+socket but that's negligible tbh) is not an immense boost. It just seems a little bit silly that the best part of the legendary quest is the middle stage, and not the final piece.

Finally, I heard that the golden lotus may give us a final reward after Garrosh, but Wrathion ends with the cloak. That's great, but I really hope they give us a way to add a Sha-touched socket to our cloaks to add the +500 stats gem again, seems a huge shame to waste a reward like that
    I don't know, I think they are done with the sha touched gem. I say this because Garrosh's axe is clearly covered in sha crap and it does not have a sha touched gem slot. I don't think Blizzard thought that out before they made the axe graphic.
    Last edited by Slot; 2013-07-27 at 03:15 PM.

I agree with dela.. rppm aoe proc is just pointless.. If they did it like the 'living bomb' type proc, that would be immensely better.. Does high damage to the main target and explodes and does slight aoe to the surrounding mobs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Righto since I'm busy on the PTR anyway I quickly made some screenshots for the people interested.

First of all here is the animation. Bear in mind I'm very zoomed in and it's not as visible or bright if you have your camera in a normal position.

This is to explain roughly how big the cone is. I got to this conclusion by getting loads of procs in all kinds of different positions and moving my pet back and forth. The green symbol is my pet, the blue area in roughly how big the cone is, and the yellow is a target dummy. I just now realized that my cone has been drawn a little poorly but it should get the point across. The red cross is a raid marker you can ignore. (You can even see the animation of the cloak in that screenshot in the middle of the cone)

And what I think is the most interesting, this is the text Hunters see when they read the cloak.

On the bright side, RPPM mechanics now have their RPPM on the tooltip which actually changes with your haste and such. Finally we can see RPPMs in-game without having to calculate them ourselves.
    I know this is now out if date, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do that!