Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Who the fuck are you?
    Lol what a rudely put question. Allow me to respond in kind, who the fuck are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Is it bad to put out the most healing? My answer to that is not if you are gemed/reforged, talented and casting the right spells at the right time and you can honestly say you are casting nothing extra than what is needed.

On the other hand, many ranked players go above the simple "what is needed." They do what is needed AND THEN SOME. This, and the raid taking more than usual damage, leads to healer ranking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djack210 View Post
    On the other hand, many ranked players go above the simple "what is needed." They do what is needed AND THEN SOME. This, and the raid taking more than usual damage, leads to healer ranking.
    TBH, most ranks (after the first few weeks of content) are due to raid groups rigging the encounter so that a healer can rank. They either seriously underheal it or deliberately take more damage than necessary.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Only issue with your post is that the other priest was doing it completly correct. If you already have 2x Halo's going out on every quake stomp, that'll cover ALL the damage that there is, if positioned correct. A third halo wouldn't make a dent. On the other hand, the shields are getting filled much faster with the third halo staggered, which is a win.
    If you're doing Tortos HC you should be using Halo on CD to scumbag meter whore. Just like Monks who Revival 5~ seconds into the fight to pull off the potion-powered 10 million revival and then use TFT on CD instead of for Quake Stomps. All about the meter whoring on Tortos HC. You should know this better than most!

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Generally speaking, if you're topping meters, no one is dying, and you have the mana to sustain your playstyle...you're probably doing evrything right.

And there's nothing wrong with figuring out how to heal more.
    Generally speaking. Someone tops meters in every fight. Win or lose. I would bet there's overall more wipes in any content than there are kills - especially heroic modes. Generally speaking...even if you are topping meters, you're still wiping.

Overall, there's nothing wrong with figuring out how to heal more. But that's not accurate 100% of the time. How do tanks get higher vengeance and do more dps? They stand in fire. How can healers heal more? They also can stand in fire.

I think the overall goal of this thread is that meter padding is bad. Bad players meter pad - be it tank, dps, or healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

How do tanks get higher vengeance and do more dps? They stand in fire.
    You are wording this like this is wrong. A good tank should be someone who do that and still lives.

Whether one is a tank, healer, or DPS, the same thing stands. A bad player is someone who fails his / her job. A normal / average player can get the job done, and be done with it. A good player try to get better result while making sure they still do their job properly. If you are good, "not wanting to be a meter-whore" isn't a valid excuse for getting average performance. Many people just fail to understand the different between improving numbers and meter-whoring (in its negative implication).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2013-07-27 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    If you're doing Tortos HC you should be using Halo on CD to scumbag meter whore. Just like Monks who Revival 5~ seconds into the fight to pull off the potion-powered 10 million revival and then use TFT on CD instead of for Quake Stomps. All about the meter whoring on Tortos HC. You should know this better than most!
    Sarcasm does not travel well through the internet, but I'm pretty sure that'd be "doing it right" :<? Filling up the shields is a big part of the fight. If they're all at 100% capacity, quake stomp will do no damage. Tortos never was an encounter that required CD's etc, unless your raiders stood in the circles of bad stuff .
    And the point was that 2x halos or 3x halos doesn't matter - everyone will be topped either way. Wasting the third halo is just dumb as fuck if it can be usefull somewhere else. You can compare it to other throughput cd's - if you already popped on tranq, then popping a second will be completly wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Generally speaking. Someone tops meters in every fight. Win or lose. I would bet there's overall more wipes in any content than there are kills - especially heroic modes. Generally speaking...even if you are topping meters, you're still wiping.

Overall, there's nothing wrong with figuring out how to heal more. But that's not accurate 100% of the time. How do tanks get higher vengeance and do more dps? They stand in fire. How can healers heal more? They also can stand in fire.

I think the overall goal of this thread is that meter padding is bad. Bad players meter pad - be it tank, dps, or healer.
    I'd hoped that the "no one is dying" part would indicate a non-wipe.

Too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Castochi View Post
    Lol what a rudely put question. Allow me to respond in kind, who the fuck are you.
    I was able to recognize the name Ariadne off the bat as a senior member from howtopriest.com. I'm honestly curious who you are though.

On topic:

Is it bad to put out the most healing? My answer to that is not if you are gemed/reforged, talented and casting the right spells at the right time and you can honestly say you are casting nothing extra than what is needed.

Sounds like the real toxic play style. This just sounds like a cop out to doing the bare minimum and not doing the absolute most you can.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    Sounds like the real toxic play style. This just sounds like a cop out to doing the bare minimum and not doing the absolute most you can.
    Some players jus' wanna skeet by.

Deleted
    I saw the thread on the US forum but couldn't post there as I'm from EU. So let me post here instead.

You're extremely wrong OP, at least in the current way raids work.

I'll give you a toxic example. If you have 3 healing classes, with class A doing 10 heal, class B doing 12 heal and Class C doing 15 heal and the encounter needs 30 heal, the correct thing to do isn't having A, B and C do 10 heal each so we can all hug and hold hands. Its to use 2 Class C's instead doing their absolute best and using a dpser instead of another healer. That's one of the most important things you need to consider, can you drop another healer for another dps.

Obviously class C shouldn't burst himself to 30 heal and then be unable to maintain his part for the rest of the encounter. But

If I pick up more spirit I could i spam heals the whole fight?
    If I use this spell then will I beat the other healers?
    If I heal the raid instead of the tank will my healing be higher?
    How can I roll more HoTs to get the heals first on those little bits of damage that go out?
    Srsly???

You know there's a word for things like this. It's called padding the meters. Although in the guilds I've been in people have been polite enough to wait until we have everything on farm to start padding.

I fear if it were not for meter padding healers would be in short supply. My post is to point out that healers should focus on how to best heal an encounter, not how to but out heal the other healers. By no means am I saying don't try, but when you are stacking spirit high just so you can heal when there is nothing to heal to try and snipe heals your gear could have been setup to have stronger heals when it might be needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fear if it were not for meter padding healers would be in short supply. My post is to point out that healers should focus on how to best heal an encounter, not how to but out heal the other healers. By no means am I saying don't try, but when you are stacking spirit high just so you can heal when there is nothing to heal to try and snipe heals your gear could have been setup to have stronger heals when it might be needed.
    Sniping heals is what Holy does. :-P
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Sniping heals is what Holy does. :-P

Snipe all the things!

To play as a team where meters don't matter requires good leadership and everyone to be on board in the healer team.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Sniping heals is what Holy does how healing works :-P
    Fix'd it for you. Unless you're a resto druid. Then you just sit in the corner and cry until it's your time to Tranq.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Fix'd it for you. Unless you're a resto druid. Then you just sit in the corner and cry until it's your time to Tranq.
    Sometimes you don't even get to do that! I went and did LFR with a couple of buddies last night on my Resto Druid (we RP-walked thru the entire instance, I'm sure they thought we were mad, but we were just drunk!), and those dastardly Disc Priests completely ruined all of my Tranq opportunities and ALL of my mushroom opportunities.

So I taunted one of the emps and just died. I WAS USELESS.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    And then a Monk presses Revival. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    And then a Monk presses Revival. Fact.
    You don't Tranq until all the raid's Revivals and Divine Hymns are on cooldown. Fact.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Back in the day, heal sniping existed and was bad. If you cast a Flash Heal on someone before I could resolve a Greater Heal, then you just wasted both of our mana.

It's been a long time since I've seen an encounter where everyone is standing around watching their mana and cancel casting Greater Heal, though. Mana pools and encounter damage are currently balanced so that you can, and have to, heal at near full speed for the entire encounter. And in the current healing environment, HPS meters have a lot less nuance than the people at the bottom of them like to pretend. If it shows up as effective healing then it was effective healing, and if you're way below everyone else in effective healing then, absent a special assignment or something, you probably aren't pulling your weight.