Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb [IDEA] Bard Class

The Battlemage idea I posted earlier was meant to set the ground for this buddy right here. Enjoy reading!

NOTE: Remember. This is just an idea and not anything that should be taken seriously.

Class Details

●Available Races: Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Draenei, Pandaren, Orc, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elf

●Available Weapons: One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces and Two-Hand Axes

●Armor Type: Mail

●Primary Attribute: Strength or Intellect

●Power Resource: Energy and Volume

Bard Talent Tree

Description

●The Bard is a long desired class by some WoW players but Blizzard has always considered it a joke. The bard is an outstanding figure on the battlefield due to his addicting tunes.

●The Bard will be able to tank using the Heavy Boost talent but will be primarly a DPS class with some support elements. The Bard, believe it or not, is not weak against silence effetcs and you will see why. I thought about the Bard having healing spells but I didn't want another Paladin. The Bard's spell sound effects are supposed to be more important than his spell effects so please do not judge me for the spell icons and their supposed spell animations. The Heavy Boost talent idea was mainly put there because of the Metal/Rock side of the Bard. See, not all Bards are gentle.

●I know the number of abilities my Bard design has is very small but this is somewhat a preview of what it could be. Plus, classes like Warlocks with tons of abilities really put me off.

Abilities

Hope you enoyed,

~Silverrendy~
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-07-28 at 09:22 PM.

Your talent tree link is showing nothing but "This action is null " to me. Which is a shame, because I really want to read it. This take on the Bard sounds awesome to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mail is agility or intellect (never strength)

1H maces, 2H maces and 2H axes are too few weapon types.

More like agility based polearms, 2H maces and staves would be appropriate (as what a druid uses)

(why are you using comic sans?)

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Your talent tree link is showing nothing but "This action is null " to me. Which is a shame, because I really want to read it. This take on the Bard sounds awesome to me.
    Fixed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Mail is agility or intellect (never strength)

1H maces, 2H maces and 2H axes are too few weapon types.

More like agility based polearms, 2H maces and staves would be appropriate (as what a druid uses)

(why are you using comic sans?)
    Mail is now strength, agility and intellect. This is not an upcoming class or something. This is a fanfic and a hybrid version of str/int is what best fits my bard design.

I know the number of available weapons is low but you honestly don't expect a bard to "play the polearm" do you? The 1h maces are something like drum maces. The 2h mace is reference to gong mace and axe is a reference to guitar just like the 2 npcs on the images. Idk what other instruments to add. Sorry

PS: I've always liked comic sans.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dislike the volume mechanic. Sounds to me like a retooled Chi.

And I hated how Chi wound up working.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    PS: I've always liked comic sans.
    This is enough for me. No bards please.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Comic Sans is the ultimate sin.

Shame on you sir. Shame.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Dislike the volume mechanic. Sounds to me like a retooled Chi.

And I hated how Chi wound up working.
    Ypu..it's the Chi system I am using. Thing is I tuned it up a bit. See the AoE ability isn't affected by GCD since its 1 sec cast and its 30 energy so you dont run out of energy with low level gear. The Volume consuming abilities are way different than the chi consuming ones though. Also about Focused Sound. It is one of the bigger changes in the Volume generation process. With Monk you have so many situational abilities that overlap with each other. Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick. Expel Harm and Jab. Here everything has its own purpose and there aren't 100 variations of one spell.

Quote Originally Posted by drake741 View Post
    This is enough for me. No bards please.
    Because of comic sans font? Meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for more responses....Not comic san comments.

Blizzard already created The Bard class for WoW back in 2008!

A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably the worst idea i have ever heard, sorry.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Comic Sans is the ultimate sin.

Shame on you sir. Shame.
    Lies, it's a perfectly acceptable font when I'm typing the chat bubbles for a comic.

I don't see bard working in WoW. It was a fantastic support class in EverQuest, but that game was built on group mechanics. WoW is now a Massively Multi-Player Anti-Social Single Player Online Game so the idea of the solo DPS bard just doesn't quite strike a chord with me.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    It's better than thus "buff" class Ghostcrawler was seen talking about.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    While I don't care myself, the amount of douchebags bashing the OP is kinda shocking...even for MMOC.

Not a fan of the whole bard idea myself, but it looks good for wathever time you spend no making this.

●The Bard is a long desired class by some WoW players but Blizzard has always considered it a joke.
    Anything written in Comic Sans is a joke.

That being said, I do want a bard class. I like a lot of the ability names you picked.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-07-26 at 09:52 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I am hardly resistant to change in wow, but bard just sounds a bit much to me.
    Sadly, as much as it was already an april fools joke, so were pandas.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I am hardly resistant to change in wow, but bard just sounds a bit much to me.
    Sadly, as much as it was already an april fools joke, so were pandas.
    Bards confirmed.

Bards aren't 2h wielders.. they dont have high STRENGTH, that's a weakness of theirs. They are powerful through the words they sing.

I really hope WoW introduces the Bard.. I dont think itll bring me back to WoW, but it is one of my favorite MMO classes of all time.. Ive played Everquest for like 14 years so I have a soft spot.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    Blizzard already created The Bard class for WoW back in 2008!

It's that artwork and the desire to create a new class concept that inspired me.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but that is one baseless statement. Atleast explain why. See, I can edit it if I agree with you. This way you only create a conflict without suggesting a way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Lies, it's a perfectly acceptable font when I'm typing the chat bubbles for a comic.

I don't see bard working in WoW. It was a fantastic support class in EverQuest, but that game was built on group mechanics. WoW is now a Massively Multi-Player Anti-Social Single Player Online Game so the idea of the solo DPS bard just doesn't quite strike a chord with me.
    Same for me except for the buff version. Just doesn't sound good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    It's better than thus "buff" class Ghostcrawler was seen talking about.
    I'll consider this a compliment of some sort. Thanks, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    While I don't care myself, the amount of douchebags bashing the OP is kinda shocking...even for MMOC.

Not a fan of the whole bard idea myself, but it looks good for wathever time you spend no making this.
    Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anything written in Comic Sans is a joke.

That being said, I do want a bard class. I like a lot of the ability names you picked.
    That comic sans hate is starting to affect the feedback I get too much. But then again it's sort of a positive comment so thanks I guess. I thought I messed up with the names. Can you tell me which ones you liked? I'm really interested.

That comic sans hate is starting to affect the feedback I get too much. But then again it's sort of a positive comment so thanks I guess. I thought I messed up with the names. Can you tell me which ones you liked? I'm really interested.
    I was only joking about the font.

Sonic Strike and Stage Fright were really clever ability names for a bard, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was only joking about the font.

Sonic Strike and Stage Fright were really clever ability names for a bard, I thought.
    Stage Fright <3

I also love the name