Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Mists of Pandaria the greatest PvE expansion ever created?

Is Mists of Pandaria the greatest raiding expansion ever created? Without a doubt. Please keep in mind that I'm not sure what LFR is like since I avoided it like the plague, but heroic modes have been awesome!

We've had Tier 14 which was a solid tier, nothing amazing but it was a good tier.
    Then we've had Tier 15 which has an awesome raid with 13 amazing really cool bosses. (Ra-den wasn't amazing but I thought it was okay)
    Now Siege of Orgrimmar is shaping up to be another one of the best raids ever made, with 14 really cool bosses!

Going under the assumption that SoO won't be another DS, Would you guys agree that MoP has been the best raiding expansion? I'm so fucking happy with it, they've done a complete 180 from Cataclysm.

(Before people ask, yes I did play TBC, it wasn't that good, SSC and Hyjal were awful raids, though I didn't clear sunwell pre-nerf so idk if my opinion counts)
    Last edited by SinisterAU; 2013-07-26 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Changed PvE to raiding

MoP raiding was almost good until it became World of RPPMcraft. Going between 60% and 10% trinket uptime between 2 attempts is stupid and I don't even know why Blizzard think it is a good design, there is no reason someone's DPS should vary by 10-20% between attempts because of trinket RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    MoP raiding was almost good until it became World of RPPMcraft. Going between 60% and 10% trinket uptime between 2 attempts is stupid and I don't even know why Blizzard think it is a good design, there is no reason someone's DPS should vary by 10-20% between attempts because of trinket RNG.
    Yeah, that's shit, but i'm talking about the content not the trinkets

PVE also includes terrible heroics, broken challenge modes, boring scenarios and the horde of garbage dailies that were introduced. So no, it isn't the best PVE expansion.

BC is still the best PVE expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not, doesn't hold a candle to B.C or Wrath unless something unexpectedly spectacular happens in the seige of org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    No it's not, doesn't hold a candle to B.C or Wrath unless something unexpectedly spectacular happens in the seige of org.
    Wrath was awful, Naxx, ToGC and to a lesser extent icc were pretty lame imo

Deleted
    Quality of the raids - Sure. Overall PvE and alt accesability, reward for raiding and so on - far from it.

I'd say it is, LFR opens up all the PvE content to everyone(except for the heroic-only stuff, but that's one note in a song), the addition of Scenarios gives you quick-queue content you can use to fill empty time waiting for other queued group content, there's Dailies if you'd rather do those for valor/rep(and once you got past the sharp incline and bad tuning of rep gain in 5.0, they became much more palatable, the Tillers/5.1 dailies were much more enjoyable than the others), and the weekly quest in the Barrens plus open-exploration stuff coming in 5.4 bode well for the future.

Arguments can be made about the low number of 5-mans and their faceroll-level difficulty, but Challenge Modes exist for that style of content tuned for real coordinated effort(though they could perhaps use better awards), plus Heroic Scenarios and the Brawler's Guild. MoP is the expansion of options, whether or not you care to use them, they are there and I for one am glad Blizzard is trying to open up its appeal instead of funneling everything into only dailies/5-mans/organized raids.

Deleted
    i love to say, if u raid sw @bc....it was the best.
    kill the twins (the guild destroyers....best feeling)

I always wonder if the people who say BC was the best raiding expansion actually played it.

Hyjal was godawful.
    Magtheridon was terrible, had to mega-stack classes for that bitch.
    SSC was very average
    TK was pretty cool
    Black Temple was decent
    Sunwell was just hard, not really good. Just hard.

Karazhan is the only stand out, and even that had its issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP probably has the best raids, if not the best, just behind TBC. I mean, if you consider it as a whole, MoP is definetely better than WotLK because of ToC, New Naxx and RS. What saved Wrath was specially Ulduar and maybe ICC.

Also, this:

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I always wonder if the people who say BC was the best raiding expansion actually played it.

Hyjal was godawful.
    Magtheridon was terrible, had to mega-stack classes for that bitch.
    SSC was very average
    TK was pretty cool
    Black Temple was decent
    Sunwell was just hard, not really good. Just hard.

Karazhan is the only stand out, and even that had its issues.
    Unfortunately I didn't raid TBC on Blizzard, just private servers (lol), but this seems pretty accurate, haha.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterAU View Post
    Is Mists of Pandaria the greatest raiding expansion ever created? Without a doubt.
    Maybe YOU don't have doubts, but other, including myself, says the opposite..

MoP is on a fast track to becomming the worst expansion in history of WoW...
    When MoP was released, it was on par with TBC.
    When v5.1 was released, it slip down between TBC and Cata.
    When v5.2 was released, it slip down on par with Cata.
    When v5.3 was released, it slip down between Cata and WotLK..

Unless v5.4 is truely epic, it will slip down to the level of WotLK or possibly below....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I preferred Wrath PERSONALLY - Although, MOP has some Fantastic stuff for Raids!

Strictly looking at the raids, and generally looking at all the tiers collectively.. arguably yes.

PvE expansion? hell no. I've never been more disheartened trying to keep alts decently geared for one. No dungeons, a ton of experimentation with cheaper to create crap like scenarios, timesinks skyrocketing, gating, shit or lack of valor gear, charms.. the list goes on and on really. My verdict of MoP as a PvE expansion is: shamelessly greedy preying on the stupids, casuals and alts.

No raid, and I mean no raid, has ever topped Kara IMO. Mop is an ok pve xpac, its biggest flaw was the vp gear gating behind horrid dailies and rep. Aside from that, the raids are neat, the dungeons and scenerios are cool. If they keep up the off-raid patches with cool daily hubs and great story progression formula, I think it will make future xpacs better and MoP as the benchmark for when shit got cool again.

Deleted
    No. MSV/HoF/ToES count among the most boring, unimaginative raids I've seen in a long time. They are utterly bland and uninteresting.
    ToT is better, a lot better, but still suffers from a 1-dimensional color palette. Everything in ToT is blue, blue-ish and blue-zy. The fights are a lot better though.

I don't enjoy the new LFR loot system either. I firmly believe the old DS one was a lot better, and it only needed minor adjustments to change it for MoP.

CMs aren't as challenging as I would have thought and 5-mans have become faceroll once more. We've spent far too much time grinding dailies, weeklies, whatnot. Aside from capping valor, we need to 'cap' coins.

The worst part of it: the pure RNG aspect of the Legendary quest-chain, which not only holds mains back with terrible RNG (week 13 on my Secrets of the Empire, still not going to finish it this week), but also limits competitive rerolls this late in the tier. The metagem, and the cloak, are too potent and both are a necessity to compete in your raid team.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-07-26 at 09:58 PM.

Raiding in MoP is trully great.
    But overall, TBC was better for its time. The jump from Vanilla to TBC was exceptionnally good on all fronts. Quests, raids, pvp, dungeon, ways to gear up, travelling ... they pushed the bar way up for everything.

But MoP isn't over yet, we still have a tier to do and we need to see how Flex raids will affect the community.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterAU View Post
    Wrath was awful, Naxx, ToGC and to a lesser extent icc were pretty lame imo
    I.M.O = In My Opinion, which is important to note because people tend to throw around a few of these opinions, as fact.

Personally, I don't find Mists of Pandaria anywhere near as engaging as other expansions, and I promised myself that after the disaster that was Dragon Soul, Blizzard better make a bloody good expansion, or i'm out.

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm still hanging around, because it is fun, but I only log on to raid, and even then, I sometimes skip it because I'm bored. There is literally no sense of progression, and what drove me years ago to get the Heroic kills was knowing I had only one shot, knowing if I didn't do it then and there, I'd never be able to show I was there to get the Realm First / Current content kill ...

Now, I can go back and get 90% of the old titles, and so why bother? Why should I go through all the stress and drama and hard work, when I can wait 18 months, and just clear it with a few other people and still get all the same rewards, even if they're a lower percentage chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Maybe YOU don't have doubts, but other, including myself, says the opposite..

MoP is on a fast track to becomming the worst expansion in history of WoW...
    When MoP was released, it was on par with TBC.
    When v5.1 was released, it slip down between TBC and Cata.
    When v5.2 was released, it slip down on par with Cata.
    When v5.3 was released, it slip down between Cata and WotLK..

Unless v5.4 is truely epic, it will slip down to the level of WotLK or possibly below....
    you sir are way off cata was by far the worst xpack, and even then it isnt as bad as people make it out to be 4.1 was great, 4.2 was so so, then 4.3 came ds sucked and was too long but with the release of lfr and transmog, it was memorable. M.O.P. is shaping up to be the best expack. There has been so much content this xpack in such a short amount of time with more coming in 5.4., that will be around for many xpacks to come. I agree it started off rough , maybe for alts, but has since changed.

Then i would have to rate wrath as second, ulduar, and icc was awesome, lfg, argent tournament, some pretty cool, epic mounts.

Come back after 5.5 and tell me M.O.P. was the worst.
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-07-26 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    you sir are way off cata was by far the worst xpack
    Tier 11 (Blackwing Decent, Bastion of Twilight & Throne of the Four Winds) was actually the best raiding Tier I've ever experienced, and in my view makes Ulduar look like shit. Sure, killing Onixya for the 76th time was annoying, but it was an epic expansion at the start!

It went down hill during late Firelands, but it certainly wasn't the worst until we hit Dragon Soul.