Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, in terms of content, it's been pretty fun. Rolled a MWer for my main (from a Restoration specialized druid), and from that it brought me out of the situation I was in, "burnt out." Though the raids were an upgrade over DS, the only vibe I got was all the raids felt the same. What I mean is, a sour dark feeling to them. They're not bright and colorful (besides ToES). Hopefully SoO will be fortitude in terms of colour. Anyway, overall, the game has brought a lot of content. With new game-play introduced, it's restored my full-on attention. The next patch is something that I'm excited for.

To me Wrath > MOP > TBC > Vanilla > Cata. If 5.4 rocks I could possibly see bumping MOP above Wrath, except it will be hard to overcome the appeal of *The Lich King* as a villain.

I don't understand the complaint that Pandaria is all one color scheme. Jade Forest, Kun Lai Summit, and Dread Wastes are all substantially different in color scheme and mood, fighting the battles of completely different sets of people. And the other zones also have their own flavors and personalities. There are a lot of interesting story lines in the quests, in the scenarios, and in the raids that are interesting in their own right.

Each ability class, from heroic raiders to lfr journeymen to people that just like to log in and chat and quest, has its own sandboxes to fight in that are mostly separated from each other. I like this. Heroic raiders complaining about LFR has the same validity to me as LFR people complaining about heroic raiding. Different content is designed for entirely different sets of people, and there is no reason why people of one group should like or even care about content meant for another group. LFR is a good introduction to raiding, and presents the look and feel as well as some of the main mechanics of each of the bosses. LFR covers the easy side of raiding. The fact that so few have completed 13/13 on hard core this deep into the expansion tells me that the top level of raiding is NOT too easy. For Horde on my server, only two guilds have even ENTERED TOT in hard core mode, with the top guild having killed 4 bosses and the other 1. Apparently no one in Horde on my server is finding the hardest raids to be face roll. This implies to me that the HARD side of raiding is fine.

The part in the middle needs some work, and I think that flex raiding will fix a lot of these problems in 5.4. Normal raiding is too much of a gap from LFR, and this issue will presumably be fixed. This combined with being able to have variable numbers of people in a raid should open up raiding to a wider number of people. Presumably a lot of the people in Flex raiding will graduate to Normal raiding and maybe even to HC, but that remains to be seen.

I am happy with MOP. I am happy enough with Blizzard that I will be sticking around for a while.

All my own opinions of the raiding content.

Didn't raid Vanilla.
    TBC raiding was very lackluster and playing a BM Hunter wasn't engaging at all.
    Wotlk was probably the most boring expansion I've played. Ulduar was decent (though I didn't play during current content) while ToC and ICC were quite possibly the most boring raids I've done.
    Cata was for the most part engaging, challenging, and fun. When DS came about, it went downhill from there due to it being too easy, too repetitive, and too boring. Never doing Heroic Spine again.
    So far for MoP, Tier 14 was quite fun. Although I've been suffering from tanks all that tier complaining about RNG on Stone Guards, Monks trying to roll out of Annihilate, our DK tank getting gibbed from 2 stacks on Blade Lord, and many other dumb issues. Tier 15 is awesome after downsizing to 10 man after getting rid of all our bads and carried players, even though it's only been 2 raid nights since that happened.

Im very happy with the PvE aspect of this expac The raids have been good (didnt like HoF too much), but ppl seems to forget all the other stuff we got with MoP. People are complaining about scenarios and challenge modes, and I dont understand that at all. Sure, they could need some tweaking, but its better than having nothing to do. There has never been as much to do in WoW as it is now, and I like it

i preffered tbc, that feeling of "being where no man has set foot be4" rly made raiding epic. nowdays every1 and his mother have seen all the bosses and content in lfr.. it kinda ruines the sence of accomplishment (sure there is still the challenge, but you are no longer on an epic journey into the unknown...) normal mode and lfr rly took the epicness out o raiding for me.

Deleted
    Next X-Pack ppl will say "MoP was the best X-Pack ever, please blizz give us MoP-Servers". For me MoP actually IS the best game ever made. Lets Face it, Classic - Cataclysm is just nostalgia...who really would want the old skill system back or the hardcore only Raids for no-lifers...? No one. Id really miss the raidfinder because you can just queue with one click if you want to do raids and leave it without getting flame/hated on your server to the end of times

15+ Year Old Account
    TBC for me as well.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    5.1 - Still more daily grinding, but items made it faster. I wish there more plot quests than dailies. I hope they fire the guy behind Change of Command because you can't do that without Open Raid these days (unless they nerfed it).
    They nerfed it. I 2 manned it the other day with a friend from RealID. We both needed it. It takes 5 minutes of anyones time to help you out, and you can just ask in Openraid Chat for this. Shouldn't be a big issue. The PvP quest is a lot more cumbersome for the average PvE players, and mixes PvE players who do not want to PvP with PvP players; not a good idea.

5.2 - My most hated patch. Thunder Island sucks, and I hate ToT. Dailies over there there sucked.
    You got me on your rant until here (tho I hated HoF, liked the Klaxxi dailies, and hated Shado Pan dailies). ToT is an amazing raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Maybe YOU don't have doubts, but other, including myself, says the opposite..

MoP is on a fast track to becomming the worst expansion in history of WoW...
    When MoP was released, it was on par with TBC.
    When v5.1 was released, it slip down between TBC and Cata.
    When v5.2 was released, it slip down on par with Cata.
    When v5.3 was released, it slip down between Cata and WotLK..

Unless v5.4 is truely epic, it will slip down to the level of WotLK or possibly below....
    I think that is just you burning out on MoP when MoP was released I found it amazing. The same is true for any MMORPG. TERA, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, etc.

I found the 3 heroic bosses of 5.0 very lackluster. Sha of Fear heroic P2 felt as if it wasn't finished content, artwork-wise. Lei Shen however, you can put in the list of Ragnaros. All this from heroic 25m perspective (it seems to me Heroic Lei Shen 10m is pretty faceroll but could still be epic from a 10m POV).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterAU View Post
    Wrath was awful, Naxx, ToGC and to a lesser extent icc were pretty lame imo
    Pandaria is awful, MSV, HoF, Terrace pretty lame imo.

I do really like most of ToT. Durumu is maybe a little too random, Dark Animus seems to waver back in forth in my mind from amazing testing of new ways to structure a raid fight to being bloody annoying, but I am pretty sure I would just flat love it if I raided 25m, in which it seems better designed. I DO really dislike how many bosses use pushback mechanics but that may just be because I play a DK which have to be the least mobile class ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent 3 hours wiping and waiting for tanks on just to down Durumu in lfr last night. Mop is the best ever!

I have to go with TBC. Not that I think MoP is bad - I like it, but I don't think it holds up to TBC. Though I do like how they opened up LFR more, so I can experience more content, my "hardcore" raiding days died at the start of WotLK, so for a long time I felt like I was being left behind. Not now, which is good.

Deleted
    MSV was amazing and anyone who says otherwise is objectively wrong.

imo

MoP is not bad, but certainly it is not the best. I was horrified to hear that the next expansion will be about kung-fu pandas. But it turned out to be quite alright. But for me late Wotlk with Uldu and ICC were way better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    IMO the first tier of Cata was great, firelands was eh.... and Dragon Soul was doo doo. I think this expansion raiding is at a very good spot, tightly tuned, but still gives new guys access to it. Not sure how people think MSV is boring, Elegon and Will of Emperor are fun fights for me at least.

Beyond that though PvE has been treated harshly, questing in MoP is hellacious, they took the same thing Cata had where you go from quest hub to quest hub and do the exact same thing, kill 9 guys, loot 5 of a certain item, and free 3 people. And the XP bar goes up too slow lol. Considering how easy content is after you hit 90, they should've at least made leveling better. And you can't grind out dungeons either, most will give like 1 block of xp after you did them the first time.

5 man's are a joke, heroics are an even worse joke, and challenge modes are worse than that since they offered no gear progression. Scenarios were doo doo, heroic scenarios are alright, but again, gear progression here is entirely too random. Sucks that you may have to do 10 of them just to get a piece of 516 gear. I think the fact that 90% of the progression was tied to doing LFR was a massive mistake, and made LFR look "successful" when most people were bored with it after the first run.

Between LFR and 5 man bosses, they made them incredibly easy but just gave them way too much HP I think. I remember the last boss in the brewery took forever because it healed... lol, was like a 5 minute fight, and nobody was ever even close to dying for a single second. Ditto with LFR, and for the first time ever, we see people afk'ing in raids and actually getting gear for it.
    I agree with everything said here BESIDES the point about challenge modes. I like the fact that challenge modes offer no reward besides cosmetic and the fun of it. It's pretty much on par with raiding in terms of enjoyment for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and No

It's had the most content by far, and is better than Wrath and Cata.

I'm not sure it's better than TBC though.

The 5 mans in MoP didn't have any lasting appeal, I hate Scenarios and I've always hated dailies.

Brawlers Guild is cool, Challenge Modes showed me how dumb some of my friends are, I've enjoyed the Legendary questline and I don't actually mind LFR, it can be fun with a couple of friends to fool around in. It does get boring fast, especially if you raid normals and heroics.

The raids have been great.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-07-29 at 11:46 AM.

I think this question just lead to useless discussion. kuz ppl see the game in diferent ways depenting on their skill level.

If you are a raider(done with heroic at this point) you more then likely will think this is the best expansion.

.-Vanilla bugged bosses yey so much fun.
    .-BC the challege it was all rly about the farming that gear more then facing the actual bosses. lets farm Kara again for Badges :P
    .-LK it was all shit. only good this expansion was Uld and ICC. you just cant say you didnt log Yogg. such a gear check + mechanic boss.
    .-Cata release was sooo good in terms of dificulty hell even the 5m were hard, but all the casuals crying ruined it.
    .-MoP. speechless i just cant believe the amount of good quality bosses we have had in a single expansion so far.

If you love raiding for the challege you just love MoP over any other expansion. if you are a casual you are kinda in a bad spot and not loving Pandaria kuz bosses are too hard right? yeah bad blizz nerf pls. and as casual, out of raiding you are stuck in the same heroic since release so you are sad with the scenarios and how they cant get you as powerfull gear as my heroic TF so ur mad.

The game have only got better every expansion the raid bosses are so much more complex and challeging then ever and this is something raiders are loving. im sure that questing is also pve but if you based your opion of pve on questing, lfr, 5m and escenarios you are yeah just yeah.

Stop saying BS that not even you believe. MoP > all pvewise

Vanilla so good times youtube this watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg i sure loved every expan when it was current i would just be dumb not to see that MoP is by far better then any.
    Last edited by Leonidazz; 2013-07-29 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am really interested why you think that? Obviously everybody has their own reasoning so I would like to hear yours. Because frankly whenever great raids were polled, suddenly ToT was up there with Ulduar and Kara (polls on this forum)

But then again you rate Cata higher than WotLk and Cata is considered a bad expansion meanwhile. Ofc it wasn't when WotLK was out, then Cata was proclaimed awesome.

So in a nutshell...opinions but one thing we can be sure off: Praise anything WoW related on this forum and the people will jump on it and ravage it. WoW does have the stranges "fan site"
    I hope this answers your questions....

MoP bad because:
    ToT being rated high, baffles me.. I cannot understand why..
    Most of the fights are horrible.. Boss 4-6 have no connection to ANYTHING, they seem to be filler-bosses, because Blizzard promised 10+ bosses.. Color palette is bland (most positive description I can use) and too many of the fights are too unforgiving, in regards to minor faults.. Far from Ulduar and Kara quality..
    Rest of MoP is daily-grind (I have NEVER complained about dailies, but you pretty much need to do them to meet VP cap).. Raids haven't been nerfed (yet) by a buff (SWP, ICC, DS etc), but still, you nerf them every week, by upgrading your gear by 4+4 iLevels, even when you don't receive new gear..
    5mans have been made too fast to complete.. Blizzard claims it's player demands, but why them make scenarios that are even faster than 5mans? 1 hour dungeons could still have existed, alongside the faster scenarios, then all would have been pleased.. Also, 5mans are back to WotLK difficulty (or lack of same)..
    Lore is disconnected. Even when doing Lorewalker rep, you are left with more questions than answers..
    Tiller Farm was a gigantic failure. Most people never fully expanded the farm on their main, many less on a single alt..
    LFR introduced the new retarded loot system. While there was indeed loot-ninjas (e.g. DKs needing on polearm from Madness), Blizzard solved that with class-tag on all gear.. Much better than current loot system, where I used 12 weeks on Megaera and 9 weeks on Twins (plus an equal amount of coins) before I got a helmet, I could use my Legendary meta in... Yes, my meta collected dust for 12 weeks!!! With old loot system, people actually passed gear they didn't need in most cases..
    Lore-differcies based on fation.. Do IoT quest chain on Horde, and you see that Alliance is left in the dust.. Then do it on Alliance, and you get a completely different picture, as Jaina is suddenly the hero that drives the horde running away.. Take the Divine Bell: Horde quests says we have it. Alliance quests says they have it. Horde side never gets a proper explanatin of what happens in Dalaran, except Jaina (who is self-proclaimed neutral) allows alliance weapons and troop transport, but don't extent the same favor to Horde, so much for neutrality..

WotLK was bad because:
    Tier 7 was a reused instance, turned completely faceroll.. Additionally, there was 2 single-boss rooms, noone really liked, andonly did for mounts.
    Tier 8 was truely epic... Only raid that can contest Kara for Top place.. But it lasted only 4 months.. Then NOONE didUæduar anymore.
    Tier 9.... Reused Onyxia plus the abysmal ToC..
    Tier 10.. Over one full year did we raid this place.. There was ONE good fight (LK) in it.. It got old, before all wings were open..
    Lore in the expansion sucked.. LK was a bad-ass, but unless you had played WC3TFT, you really had no idea who he was. Not even Old Stratholm explained it very much. Also where was Mal'ganis in Northrend, as he says he will be, in the end of the indtance?
    Levelling is, by all accounts, the most hated in the entire game.. Prety much everyone that rolls an alt, dread, when they ding 68, because then they will have to go to Northrend..

Cata was good because:
    Brilliant lore all over.. Deathwing was explained in great detail..
    Tier 11 was hard.. On 10man, brutal isthe most fitting word..
    Tier 12 gave us a legendary in a cool instance...
    Tier 13 was a good instance.. Yes, Spine sucked, but it's hard to get everything right.. Rogues got their 5th and 6th legendary.. Too much legendary rogue love though... T13 didn't last nearly as long as T10 did.. 3-4 months shorter actually..
    Gearing in Cata was easy, but no epic loot pinata, like WotLK.. You could have several raid geared alts in Cata, it's almost impossible in MoP, due to time..

TBC was EPIC because:
    Lore was abundant in ALL zones.
    Group quests meant a group was required.. I. WotLK everyone could solo 3man quests and many could solo 5man quests and all could 2man them.. In TBC, 3man quest, meant that if you were only 2, you would get raped..
    All real raids were epic... Real raids =/= boss rooms (Grull and Maggy).
    5mans were challinging, even when you had 4/5MH or 5/9BT on farm..
    Levelling was fun, due to beautiful zones.

Vanilla: Played too little to comment on it.

This is just what I remember, on the top of my head, while at work ;-)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    TBC was EPIC because:
    Lore was abundant in ALL zones. /Shrug. I dont personally follow nor care about keeping up with lore.
    Group quests meant a group was required.. I. WotLK everyone could solo 3man quests and many could solo 5man quests and all could 2man them.. In TBC, 3man quest, meant that if you were only 2, you would get raped. WRONG.
    All real raids were epic... Real raids =/= boss rooms (Grull and Maggy). Hyjal is the worse raid in the history of WoW. SSC was not very good either.
    5mans were challinging, even when you had 4/5MH or 5/9BT on farm. This is laughably false. Now you are making things up.
    Levelling was fun, due to beautiful zones. Disagree. I hated leveling in every zone of TBC except for Nagrand.
    Full of Nostalgia for a game you misremember from 5+ years ago. All of those annoying dailies you claim to hate plagued all of TBC too. In fact, the legendary BC, the greatest expansion in the history of gaming, was when daily quests became the norm. Thats all TBC was. Dailys to get your drake mount. Dailys for the ogre people. Dailys for the nether ray mounts. Dailys on the sunwell isle. The entire expansion was moving between daily quest hubs.

You actually said the tillers farm was a bad thing. lol. What a joke. You are clearly just trolling. Being able to farm all of my own consumables without needing a gather profession or gathering alts is one of the best ideas ever. I will be extremely disappointed if there is not a new version of the tillers farm in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Full of Nostalgia for a game you misremember from 5+ years ago. All of those annoying dailies you claim to hate plagued all of TBC too. In fact, the legendary BC, the greatest expansion in the history of gaming, was when daily quests became the norm. Thats all TBC was. Dailys to get your drake mount. Dailys for the ogre people. Dailys for the nether ray mounts. Dailys on the sunwell isle. The entire expansion was moving between daily quest hubs.

You actually said the tillers farm was a bad thing. lol. What a joke. You are clearly just trolling. Being able to farm all of my own consumables without needing a gather profession or gathering alts is one of the best ideas ever. I will be extremely disappointed if there is not a new version of the tillers farm in the next expansion.
    You do know, that you were limited to 10 (ten!) dailies, the majority of TBC, right? It wasn't until the end,it was raised to 25..
    Besides I never claim to hate dailies, quite the contrary.. But in MoP they have made TOO MANY without limitingthe amount you can do per day..

MH was a GREAT raid. It kept you on your toes, as you had to actually conserve mana for the boss, aft fighting 8 waves of trash...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/