Thread: Meta flying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saveiro View Post
    About Levitate: have a Priest cast that on you and Leap from a mountaintop with quite a bit of fury left. Comes close enough to Meta-flying for me
    I know, but having to rely on others for that feels meh.

i think meta-flying would be too awesome, and would generate jellyness

atleast make our mount able to fly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I know, but having to rely on others for that feels meh.
    Aye, true. But it still looks awesome

lol, how sick would it be if you could fly in meta for short ditances while you have fury

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't get the flapping mechanism of the hyppogryphs in Hyjal that would be horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    As long as it doesn't get the flapping mechanism of the hyppogryphs in Hyjal that would be horrible.
    Hahaha, did that quest oh so many times and HATE, HATE, HATED it every single time. Spamming that button like a maniac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hahaha, did that quest oh so many times and HATE, HATE, HATED it every single time. Spamming that button like a maniac.
    Good lord, I HATED that quest as well, the only reason I did the dailies was because of the pets, needed them for the 150 achievement back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There is something about wings that just makes me happy. I like wings. Wish I had them IRL.
    Indeed. Now, I did say earlier that I am not a fan of the wings, but that's because I think they were poorly implemented, they are too static, no animation, nothing. It would be awesome if they did move somehow, then I would be begging for a cosmetic glyph that lets you have them on 24/7, no matter the spec etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Although I admit it would be cool, imagine if they did it - with awesome new animations etc. then priests, paladins would also be asking for something similar, and before you know it WoW will start looking like Aion.

Anyway, we got a revamp, green fire and now mounts to go along with it (I predict that they will refurbish the steeds models along with the green flames) it's going to be a while until we see so much love again, if ever. :P
    meta has flight animations already. it has all animations illidan had, and illidan had a flight phase.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Paladins already have a glyph that let's the slow fall while Avenger is up and priests have Levitate. It wouldn't be too much to ask for something similar for warlocks at least.
    You mean like glyph of falling meteor? Which is possibly one of my most epic looking spells/abilities in the game. Now THAT needs be updated to green!

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Indeed. Now, I did say earlier that I am not a fan of the wings, but that's because I think they were poorly implemented, they are too static, no animation, nothing. It would be awesome if they did move somehow, then I would be begging for a cosmetic glyph that lets you have them on 24/7, no matter the spec etc.
    I agree with Varulv on this one, as I also think the DA wings lack in the visuals department.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    You mean like glyph of falling meteor? Which is possibly one of my most epic looking spells/abilities in the game. Now THAT needs be updated to green!
    It also kinda leaves you ready to die.

Deleted
    Pah a mere trifle for the bane of the black harvest!

not anymore. it's been ages since falling meteor would leave you with 1 HP. now I jump from the roof of the world and I don't lose any health at all.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    not anymore. it's been ages since falling meteor would leave you with 1 HP. now I jump from the roof of the world and I don't lose any health at all.
    Really? How the hell did I miss that. Now I want to ditch my destro spec just to try it out.

Deleted
    real Warlocks don't fly, they crash to the floor in a Meteor then /flex

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    real Warlocks don't fly, they crash to the floor in a Meteor then /flex
    why can't we have both? we fly to the sky with our wings, and than crash to the floor in a meteor. it's a win-win situation

15+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, Illidan has all the requisite animations for flying, which could easily be ported over to the Metamorphosis model.

The problem is that, to really do it properly, it would need to be a seperate, third form (Demonic Flight Form or what have you) that functions the same way as the Druid Flight Form. And it would only be available to one of three specs.

I did once have an idea for a glyph for Demonic Leap, where instead of just leaping up/forward, your character would leap and hover in place for 2-3 seconds. While hovering you can press the skill again to basically Heroic Leap, using Illidan's dive-and-smash-the-ground animation. If you press nothing, you'll fall back to the ground.

Flying meta form ? Not thinking epic enough. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again:

Demonic chariot drawn by flying Dreadsteeds. Go big or go home.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the world's ready for something as awesome as meta flying. At least, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Agreed, this would be far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Flying meta form ? Not thinking epic enough. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again:

With the "chariot" being an oversized Observer.