Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Uhm...before, all fire spells were orange?
    Chaos bolt and fel flame weren't, they were the things that made the contrast to the otherwise red themed destro warlock. Now with green fire, where is the contrast for that? Well it's not the mount anymore apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    or how demonology had pretty much nothing but purple spells and abilities like void ray, shadow bolt, metamorphosis, hand of gul'dan, chaos wave, and touch of chaos. heck even our demonic aura and demon leap had purple coloring to them, but that didn't diminish anything did it?
    Demo is less of a problem as they had soul fire, hell/immo aura and mount as a contrast, however with green fire not only the fire is affected, but meta form, leap, DA etc things that were previously purple got changed too, along with the mount, which just overall makes green too dominating.
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-07-31 at 12:53 PM.

Green should be dominating over orange, not purple. People wanted green fire to be more distinct compared to mage fire, not destroy the actual core of the class that is dark magic in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Chaos bolt and fel flame weren't, they were the things that made the contrast to the otherwise red themed destro warlock. Now with green fire, where is the contrast for that? Well it's not the mount anymore apparently.
    Right, but personally, I really prefer the consistency - especially regarding the mount.

However, I do agree that they shouldn't have made the former purple spells green, too.
    Meta, DA etc. were fine. All the purple stuff was fine. The orange wasn't.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Green should be dominating over orange, not purple. People wanted green fire to be more distinct compared to mage fire, not destroy the actual core of the class that is dark magic in general.
    Exactly. I am perfectly fine with all of the orange fire stuff turning fel green.

I don't want the purple "shadow" stuff to suddenly become green. And since that is what is happening, I personally don't care about doing the green fire quest.

I'm happy for those that are pleased with the wholesale change to "everything is green now", but it's not for me. So keep your green Dreadsteed and give me a flying Dreadsteed!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    i don't really understand what the problem is. demo still has many purple spells and so does affliction. the only thing they're really adding are the mounts and abyssal turning fel green. our demonic fury already was green with the codex, so hopefully the just fixed the horns and sigils that were still purple. dark apothesis's horns and wings being green with the codex doesn't effect its hand of gul'dan or any other purple spells.

also fel magic is dark magic. so its not destroying the core of the class. its not even changing the mechanics of any part of the class. i understand its preference, but that sounds so extreme to say it's destroying the dark magic aspect of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    i don't really understand what the problem is. demo still has many purple spells and so does affliction. the only thing they're really adding are the mounts and abyssal turning fel green. our demonic fury already was green with the codex, so hopefully the just fixed the horns and sigils that were still purple. dark apothesis's horns and wings being green with the codex doesn't effect its hand of gul'dan or any other purple spells.

also fel magic is dark magic. so its not destroying the core of the class. its not even changing the mechanics of any part of the class. i understand its preference, but that sounds so extreme to say it's destroying the dark magic aspect of the class.
    It's not like I would suggest anything that may disappoint those that yearn for a full Fel Warlock. In fact, I think that the Warlock class consists of the Dark/shadow aspect and the Fire/Chaotic aspect. We all looked forward to the questline in order to have the chance to clarify the identity of our "fire aspect". Therefore, many of us find the fel element to work against rather than in favor to this cause. That is because fel magic is corrupt more than it is dark and that alters actual dark flavor of the class, due to the corrupt factor overpowering the plain dark one.

In other words, minor changes like altering the demo fury bar to green has the class feel a bit 2/3 fel with some minor shadow features which defeats my original reasoning. Alas, wouldn't it be better to have a different "offer" for the fire or the demo aspects of the codex?

What's darker than willingly consorting with demons ?

I'll tell you what: not just consorting with, but dominating, binding, and even blood-sacrificing demons.

I think they just wanted to increase the distinction between Shadow Priests and Warlocks. Spriests are an inversion of Light, so Shadow is their entire identity. Warlocks deal with chaos and destruction, fueled by our co-opting of fel energies. Even if we can't necessarily see it with effects, except for Destro we still do a great deal of shadow damage.

Don't get me wrong, I do empathize with the loss of our shadow spell effects. But, from a gameplay perspective, I can see why they'd want to make sure that Warlocks and Shadow Priests are more distinct.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be awesome, despite not playing a warlock properly* since TBC

when I say properly, I mean playing like a noob
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

- - - Updated - - -

Demo is less of a problem as they had soul fire, hell/immo aura and mount as a contrast, however with green fire not only the fire is affected, but meta form, leap, DA etc things that were previously purple got changed too, along with the mount, which just overall makes green too dominating.
    sry but fel flame and chaos bolt aren't fire school, they are shadow school spells. and I think the main reason people want green fire is that fel magic is green! yeh I know warlocks' fire spells are fire school but whos fault is that?

if youre seeking for some logic behind metamorphosis being green while its not fiery or anything close to that, its blizzard who should change all fire school spells of warlock to fel magic. using green effect on a spell that is from fire school is a lame thing. warlocks dont have green fire cause they use hotter magic than mages(yes green fire is hotter than orange or red) they use green cause its the color of fel energy.
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    sry but fel flame and chaos bolt aren't fire school, they are shadow school spells.
    That is just for pvp reasons.

That is just for pvp reasons.
    If it weren't for PVP reasons Chaos Bolt would be chaos damage (which is typically just fel-infused fire).

Fel Flame is actually not shadow, it's "shadowflame" damage, which is also just a stand-in for chaos/fel.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-08-02 at 08:07 PM.

They did completely get rid of Chaos-type damage in-game, right ? ... and, erm, that did use to be a thing, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They did completely get rid of Chaos-type damage in-game, right ? ... and, erm, that did use to be a thing, right ?
    Demonology's Chaos Wave and Touch of Chaos deal chaos damage. And Chaos Bolt in early WotLK beta was chaos damage but was changed to fire before it went live. It became shadow damage in MoP.

Oh that's right, I'd forgotten about those being castable when locked out of Shadow