Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You need to start reading my posts Namarus.
    Anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I personally think that the "real" compensation for Readiness will be a new cooldown - think about it.
    We currently have Readiness, Rapid Fire and Stampede as cooldowns. Stampede is being buffed to be more meaningfull. Readiness is removed. Rapid fire, with the CD reduction trinket and set bonus, is becomming a rotational ability rather than a cooldown (I know Kibu linked me a log of him keeping 100% uptime over +15 minutes on it due to the trinket+set bonus) - which leaves us lacking in that department. BW isn't a cooldown anymore than Rapid Fire will be, as it's also pretty much rotational.
    As cool as that sounds and especially if it's a nice raid-wide cooldown, I have the bitter feeling that Blizzard isn't suddenly going to give some big cooldown to us without testing it properly over several weeks on the PTR. And that still wouldn't fix the poor scaling we have going on.

They have so many other things to work on along with it. They need to fix and come up with a good solution for our legendary cloak, they need to deal with this mentioned buff/change to our signature shots, and suddenly also this new cooldown or thing. I just don't see it happening in the next few weeks until the patch goes live. On the other hand, we didn't see many Hunter changes either. Maybe they have it all in the works already.

But PTR is PTR. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Honestly I'd like to see a "Call of the Wild" type raid buff that we apply. It was a good buff back when it was a round, and some raids actually liked to bring hunters for it. This is when Call of the Wild actually applied to the party and not just the hunter.
    That would be awesome, but I fear if they leave it exactly as it used to be (assuming I'm looking at the correct version) it would be a tiny bit too powerful. I wouldn't want to be compensated for having a super strong raid wider cooldown by being horrible myself.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-07-27 at 05:57 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to be competitive with other dps classes. Right now we are middle of the pack, which wouldn't be so bad if the top of the dps potential meter was so top heavy. As things are now why bring a hunter. There is literally no reason to. A mage, lock, rogue ect all perform better, have better raid CDs, and Dps. Right now all we can do is voice our opinions on the official forums and wait for blizzard.

Bovan, your argument doesn't really make much sense.

We were nerfed, primarily for PVP, by significantly reducing how much damage we did with Stampede, as well as it's utility, by removing all activated ability use from the summoned pets. It got to the point it's not even really worth hitting the button for Stampede.

Then, they removed Readiness, and simultaneously announced a buff to Stampede.

I don't see the two as related, though. They're simply trying to make Stampede worth using again. There is no way the slight Stampede buff is nearly enough compensation for the loss of Readiness.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    There is no way the slight Stampede buff is nearly enough compensation for the loss of Readiness.
    They increased it's damage by 4 times. How is that a slight buff? In fact, it does more damage than before if I am not mistaken.

Also, there is the buff to Arcane Shot and AMoC.

All those 3 buffs combined should make up for the nerf to BM and make SV probably stronger than before considering Readiness wasn't such a strong CD for that spec anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    They increased it's damage by 4 times. How is that a slight buff? In fact, it does more damage than before if I am not mistaken.

All those 3 buffs combined should make up for the nerf to BM and make SV probably stronger than before considering Readiness wasn't such a strong CD for that spec anyway.
    The AMoC buff is insane, considering it was already far and away the strongest attack in that tier, but AS buff predates the Readiness change, as mentioned several times here. It's also a concern because our signature shots now hit like wet noodles in comparison.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

It's also a concern because our signature shots now hit like wet noodles in comparison.
    ES and KC hit for about the same. So I wouldn't say they hit like wet noodles, but considering they are on CD they should hit for at least 30% more.

The compensation hasn't happened yet.

The AMOC change equalizes uptime pre and post readiness removal on a 10 minutes fight with readiness used twice.

The Arcane change is to make us spam less. Possibly also in response to the fact that AS isn't a particularly effective focus dump atm with the amount of focus we're drowning in. It's made even more important with the 2 piece because that means we spend a huge % of the fight with a 40% haste buff.

The Stampede change is to make us like Stampede again.

Tweaks to balance us will happen in a while. That said, I fully expect us to start out strong and then become terrible as the tier progresses. Again.

Deleted
    We were nerfed, primarily for PVP, by significantly reducing how much damage we did with Stampede, as well as it's utility, by removing all activated ability use from the summoned pets. It got to the point it's not even really worth hitting the button for Stampede.

Then, they removed Readiness, and simultaneously announced a buff to Stampede.

I don't see the two as related, though. They're simply trying to make Stampede worth using again. There is no way the slight Stampede buff is nearly enough compensation for the loss of Readiness.
    They aren't related, I'm saying that might as well be. When Stampede got nerfed down, we got compensated with an Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot and Steady Shot buff. Then they buffed Stampede back up and removed Readiness. We still have the Arcane, Cobra and Steady Shot buffs. I'm saying that they might as well call the Stampede buff the compensation for Readiness and then give us some proper fixes. Now they are almost forced to give us a random across the board buff to compensate for Readiness. They can't go out and say ''As compensation for losing Readiness, we now fixed your scaling''.

The Stampede buff and removal of Readiness actually is very close to the same in terms of damage. I'll admit that we lost the utility from Readiness but the damage difference between the two is very close.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-07-27 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post

The increase to stampede is to bring it back to its ORIGINAL DMG BECAUSE OF PVP qqers, AMOC buff is to make up for loss of readiness/to make it more appealing than blink strikes, but in turn, over 5-10mins, the old AMOC with readiness is still more damage going out than the new one without readiness

Mind that, as I previously stated, the reason for the AMOC buff probably is that it's currently on-par with Blink Strikes. Even without the readiness nerf, they have had to do something about Lynx rush / AMOC to make them more attractive than the passive talent, when the gain with perfect play is less than 1K on FD for surv. And for obvious reasons, it's by far stronger for BM.

That is not to say that some part of it might be because of readiness, but I sort of don't think that's the entire reason.
    As for stampede - over a 5 minute fight (basicly, worst case scenario), it's 1.6k dps for BM. Even if they buff it to be four times as strong, that's still less than 5K dps, and about 2% damage. In a best case scenario, it increases to 2.6k dps, so about 8K dps gain (or closer to 3.5%). Sure, for a single button press, it will be an extremely strong cooldown. But in the overall scheme of things, it's not really as big as people would think (for instance, the standard 10% AP buff to hawk we keep getting usually ends up at about 7% more damage or so. Double of the best-case scenario on Stampede).

since readiness is gone, honestly they should just revert lynx rush to the old model.. upfront burst damage.. and reduce the dmg against players/in arenas for fear of qq.. that would make it a worth while option for shorter fights or fights that require heavy burst dmg to a mob or something.. And BS for target switching fights.. and AMoC for sustained dmg on long fights or fights where you need to keep dmg up on the boss while killing adds..

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    The increase to stampede is to bring it back to its ORIGINAL DMG BECAUSE OF PVP qqers, AMOC buff is to make up for loss of readiness/to make it more appealing than blink strikes, but in turn, over 5-10mins, the old AMOC with readiness is still more damage going out than the new one without readiness
    It's still not original because pets no longer use active skills, so no rabid, no focus dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    since readiness is gone, honestly they should just revert lynx rush to the old model.. upfront burst damage.. and reduce the dmg against players/in arenas for fear of qq.. that would make it a worth while option for shorter fights or fights that require heavy burst dmg to a mob or something.. And BS for target switching fights.. and AMoC for sustained dmg on long fights or fights where you need to keep dmg up on the boss while killing adds..
    They don't need to reduce the damage. LR was too high initially cause you could cast it back to back with readiness. They neutered that with the bleed. Without readiness, they could make it bursty again and still not overdo it.

Deleted
    My guess is they wont even bother touching lynx rush... too lazy and incompetent for that.