In Game Blizzard MOBA Idea.

I was thinking while at work the other day, that I'm looking forward to Blizzard All Stars. And since at first it looked like it was going to be apart of Starcraft 2, it could be really interesting if they incorporated something like it, within world of Warcraft like pet battles. But here is how they can make it different from others.

So first of all this is how I thought Heroes/Champions could work within the game / Rules / Specifications

- You need to be level 10 in order to Que, and when you Que up you choose from your character list of classes you currently have above level 10. (Mandatory tutorial on how MOBA's work for new players)

- Once you are at the screen of characters you have above level 10. you can then pick one ROLE and 4 MOVES, 3 normal moves and one ultimate. ( Diablo 3 style, click and drag from a list )

For example... Shaman.

Enhance = Agility Semi-carry / boarder line hard Carry.
    Resto = Support
    Elemental = Support Intellect Ganker / Semi Carry

So let's say I picked restoration

Moves

Slot 1 Choices. Supportive.

Riptide - Heals for 100/150/205/255, continuing to heal for 10/15/20/25 for the next 5 seconds. and leaves a 10% increased healing buff on the target (45 second CD)

Chain Heal- Instantly heals targeted allied for 200, chaining to the next 3 closest allies for 100. ( 35 second CD )

Healing Rain - Target location has healing rain on it, allies within the circle are healed for 15/20/25/30 HP every half a second for 7 seconds. the more players in it the less it heals. ( 35 second CD )

Healing Wave- Instantly heal the target for 100/150/200/250 and increasing their hp temporarily by 1%/2%/3%/4% for 6 seconds. ( 25 second CD )

Slot 2 Choices Defensive.

Earth Shield - Cast Earth Shield on yourself or allied hero for 1 minute, or 3/4/5/6 charges. Each attack made to this target heals them for 75. ( 45 second CD )

Lighten Shield - Cast a lighten shield on yourself or an allied hero for 30 seconds or 7/8/9/10 charges. Causing 30/40/50/60 magic damage per hit. (45 second CD )

Water Shield - Cast water shield on yourself or an allied hero increasing mana regeneration by 150%/200%/250%/300% for 15 seconds. Any damage will ( 55 second CD ) cancel the effect.

Mail Specialization - Increases physical armor by 1% per 10 intellect. As well base mana by 5% ( Passive )

Slot 3 Choices Supportive / Offensive / Defensive.

Earth Elemental - Summons an earth elemental to fight by your side for 25 seconds. 20%/30%/40%/50% of your HP and 44%/66%/88% of your base damage + Intellect as physical attacks. ( 1 Minute CD )

Purge - Dispels all debuffs or buffs off a target. passes through superior magic damage. ( 15 second CD )

Lava Burst - Instantly cast a lava burst at an enemy target for 100/150/200/280 magic damage and 10/12/13/14 magic damage every second for 5 seconds.( 33 second CD )

Lighten Bolt - .5 second cast time shoots a ball of lighten at the enemy target for 100/125/150/175 magic damage returning 5% mana. ( 22 second CD )

Slot 4 ULTIMATE

Bloodlust / Heroism - Increases the attack speed,run speed, and cast speed of all allied heroes in 50 yard radius by 20/25/30/35% ( 2 minutes CD )

Healing Tide - Heals all allies in a 30 yard radius for 100 HP a second, for 5/7/9/11 seconds. (1.5 minutes CD)

Life Link Totem - all heroes share a life pool and reduces damage by 10% inside the circle. (1.1 minutes CD)

Reincarnation - When you die you can resurrect with 50% hp and mana where you currently died. Or with 100% hp and mana at your shrine. (2 minutes CD)

NOTE: I do not plan to ever create or balance a game , this was done off ideas within my head it would not be these exact numbers. ( I didn't add mana cost cause games like LoL or the Marvel MOBA are more forgiving with mana opposed to DOTA or HoN) Just imagine a typical mana cost of MOBA's you play

Some other features:

- Ladder ranking with a rating system.
    - All US servers Que together, and all EU servers Que together.
    - Your player looks similar to the gear you Qued with. so all players are unique looking to an extent.
    - Store items can be named around WoW items, Ashbringer, Gorehowl, etc etc...
    - Items can be added to in game store, such as taunts, announcers, etc..

So it was just a rough idea, I would play it, I know a few of my friends would. What do you think? Anything you would add? Also sorry for any mistakes this is being written on my lunch at work..
    Last edited by BetrayedOf52; 2013-07-27 at 06:56 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually find it as a decent idea actually with a variety of choices for each classes with their talents and spells but how would gear work? Will it be like in dota 2 just cosmetics to make your char look more awesome. But I really find your idea neat and fitting for the new DotA styled BG in WoW that is still in the works.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it isn't too complicated. The barrier for entry must be easy to grasp.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    With such a long post, I wold have expected OP had explained what he means by MOBA....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    With such a long post, I wold have expected OP had explained what he means by MOBA....
    Multiplayer online battle arena? I mention the top 3 MOBA's atm.

Deleted
    There is currently a MOBA style bg in the works. Though, knowing Blizzard, I'm sure they'll manage to add it to everyone's Banned BG List soon after release.

Deleted
    Defence of the Alehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I actually find it as a decent idea actually with a variety of choices for each classes with their talents and spells but how would gear work? Will it be like in dota 2 just cosmetics to make your char look more awesome. But I really find your idea neat and fitting for the new DotA styled BG in WoW that is still in the works.
    No gear, and no rewards I can think of, other then ladder ranking. Maybe a title for winning so many or ending season in top bracket of the ladder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Defence of the Alehouse?
    Haha, I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Haha, I like it.
    Nah, you don't get it - Blizzard had planned a MOBA BG for this expansion; however, they weren't able to get it to how they wanted it so scrapped it at this time. It was called Defense of the Alehouse.

Hah! Didn't know that was the name they had planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiplayer online battle arena?
    Thank you..
    I mention the top 3 MOBA's atm.
    Well, I see you mention Starcraft 2, which in my eyes is more single player than multiplayer, and an abbriviation I've never seen before, doesn't make it any more clear, does it?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/