Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by summourn View Post
    Most of the characters shown in the trailer have unique hairstyles not in the game now. (Kasmeer's, Braham's, some of the Zephyrites', etc). Does China get these styles added on to their character creation? Or is it just for show in the trailer? And does it mean we might get them eventually?

Sorry, stuff like that bugs me when they show styles on characters that we can't actually have. Very cool trailer, though. Excited for Arenanet and to see how this goes.
    I got one of the makeover kits from the achievement chests, I'm holding onto it for when the new hairstyles are in.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I like how much effort they put into their chance of success in Asia. If it does well, who knows what new doors this can open for Anet and therefore GW2?

A great trailer!

Asia is a very big (and serious) market so it's only logical to put that much effort in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, its a huge market so no surprises about the effort put in. oh god so bad, so so bad.

Not going to lie, the easy gameplay of GW2 doesn't seem like it would do well in china.... it's not even a grindy game....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    Not going to lie, the easy gameplay of GW2 doesn't seem like it would do well in china.... it's not even a grindy game....
    I have not heard anything about china somehow only being consisting of hardcore people that want complexity?

Here is a nice little hint, all western MMOs used to be very grindy. But as time went by people wanted more in less time and for good riddance. It is very likely that eastern players will go this route as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    aye, isn't it the koreans who are steroetypically grinders?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    i consider the game to be very grindy. let's see how many fractals run were we at?

the amount of min/maxing is insane, and and legendary will make your hair grow 10 inches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I have not heard anything about china somehow only being consisting of hardcore people that want complexity?

Here is a nice little hint, all western MMOs used to be very grindy. But as time went by people wanted more in less time and for good riddance. It is very likely that eastern players will go this route as well.
    The casuals came with the mainstream marked and ruined it for the people who like to progress over the course of months rather than weeks.
    Honestly, you pretty much get fully geared just from logging in.

This will happen in asia aswell most likely, but probably not yet as is shown with the asian figures for grindy mmos compared to the western.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    i consider the game to be very grindy. let's see how many fractals run were we at?

the amount of min/maxing is insane, and and legendary will make your hair grow 10 inches
    The legendary isn't that hard to get, I think there was plenty of them going around already 1 month after release.
    As for PVP, its really grindy indeed and will fit nicely into the asian market :-)

Does anyone know how the game will be sold in China? B2P same, or some other system?

Just curious.