Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's legendary because it's orange that's it.

its the same way as it was with epics... people will get over it
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    They could just rename it to Personal Storyline Quest Reward. While it may be orange colored, it does not have any legendary feeling in it.
    For the sake of ending these nonsense discussions once and for all they should call it that along with changing the color of the items to a totally new one, and just declare the classic definition of "legendaries" dead.

Oh stupid me, I forgot, this would instantly sprout yet another player faction yelling "bring back legendaries" ...
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Legendary to me doesnt necessarily mean single or one of a kind. These cloaks represent the patrotism of the Gods of pandaria. thats pretty legendary

I feel like the term "legendary" here means the journey to get it, not the rarity of the item. It's not even a weapon anyway, so it's not that interesting to me at least.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary refers to lore and power, not to rarity.

Edit: And this Legendary is a thousand times more legendary than the Glaives or Thori'dal since it was a crazy long journy, not some extra drop from a boss with no lore or context.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The color of the item was never about rarity, but about stats.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I like the way they did implement the legendary in mop much better as the old ones.
    During Firelands I was in a 10 man guild and had a lot of luck to win the staff quest against a shadow priest.
    I got the final staff one week before it got nerfed and the ds patch was released.

What I don't like on the old legendary ways is that it is always limited to a few classes (often rogues...). It got better in cata. However choosing one from the raid who will get the shiny legendary feels not very good. All other will get pissed. In the end it is BIS and everybody wants to have its fun with it. In MOP everybody can have it which opens it to a much bigger playerbase.

I still think blizzard will return to a more traditional legendary implementation. I'm sure they want to get the special meaning of a legendary back.
    I would like to know if the people who complain about legendaries for all were one of the few wo got some of the old legendaries.

And sorry farming a legendary from old content didn't count. I'm sure you want to have it when it matters. For progression. Like you can with the cloaks.

Deleted
    Considering the past couple of legendaries were nothing than a tool for guilds to give a slap to the back to their best/favourite/most loyal member then I don't see the big deal with Blizzard extending the premise to a playerwide basis. If it's the "legendness" of said items that is the concern then I can assure you that that boat sailed off a long time before these cloaks; even in my backwater realm the amount of times Orgrimmar seen blue swirly lights and blue dragons during 4.2 the whole spectacle quickly lost it's luster. I also seen a lot of less than legendary rogues running around with those daggers. And Shadowmourne, well let's not get into that discussion will we?
    If guilds can reward member on a basis of some effort and a degree of participation, why is it wrong when Blizzard does the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a level of epeen associated with legendaries that i think people are referring to. The game cries out for people to be special, and that is gone. You're not a special snowflake anymore because your guild handed you an orange.

i think thats where all this comes from.
    Hi

I don't think legendary means rare - a nice long quest chain to obtain it is much more legendary IMO. I like the direction they took with Shadowmourne onwards.

I dunno, my attitude tends to be if it makes ego-fragile addicts cry about their server pixels not being them-centric enough(and still never quit cos, hey...ADDICTS)it's probably a GOOD thing for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Wrong. Its written about 25 alliance/horde heroes. YOUR character is the only one working for the black prince.
    Well you don't play 25 heroes, you play one, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    Are you seriously trying to compare the two games? I mean, really?

Point is: you kinda do get to define it. Sulfuras was the weapon that Ragnaros wielded. Thunderfury was Thunderaan's. Athiesh (or how it's spelled) was Medivh's. Warglaives were Illidan's. Those were weapons famous, end game character used. And then came WoTLK and ruined that legendary system. Val'nyr, or whatever the name of the mace is, had no famous character behind it. It was just "collect this, do that" and wham! instant legendary. So was Shadowmourne. We get it, Blizz didn't want to give out Frostmourne so they came up with something different. And it kinda sucked, lore wise.
    Then came Cataclysm and it was preeeetty much the same. Everyone had the legendaries. Why? Because it kinda became god damn easy to get them.

What I'm trying to say is: Blizzard absolutely ruined legendary items, in my eyes. It used to feel epic when you could go all like "FU Ragnaros, now I got your weapon! HA!".

Deleted
    It's legendary because everyone who gets it invested a nontrivial amount of time and dedication to get it. Everyone who was on the quest since it started had to run every raid up to now multiple times (yes even LFR takes time!), had to get 1000 Valor points 6 weeks in a row, had to amass raids for killing the Krasarang genral, had to prove his skill with the solo scenario in the forge of thunder and the celestial challenge. It's not like everyone is getting it per mail when 5.4 hits. You need dedication to get this legendary, and IMO everyone who showed this dedication should be rewarded for it.

I'll take time, effort, dedication, oh... and the fact it benefits EVERY SINGLE CLASS AND SPEC... over RNG, RNG, and useful for a handful of classes, at best.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    It's not the number of people who can get it, it's the work that you put into it to get it. It's the best quality and it is top tier overall, it takes long hours of work and it is supposed to be special as aside to just a normal epic item.
    Exactly this, I don't care if everyone single person on every single server had this cloak, it's still a legendary because of the amount of work one goes through to get it. EVEN if you do it in the LFR, the fact you had to actually put some form of effort into getting it, and spending endless amounts of hours on it, makes it legendary. Hell even its story is pretty awesome~

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    And then came WoTLK and ruined that legendary system. Val'nyr, or whatever the name of the mace is, had no famous character behind it.
    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury has no "lore" character attached to it, it's only speculated that it belonged to Alleria Windrunner. So no, Wrath didn't "Ruin" it. If you want to go that route, BC did.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-07-27 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    so ur saying the few people who got warglaives of azzinoth when it was 100% based on RNG were special snowflakes. I bet u wudnt be saying that if u were the one to be the only one on the server with the legendary.
    because being in a random raid group and winning a roll is a really great achievement. you could get that from your first time there. this way it takes a lot of time (even if not necessarily effort) to progress in the legendary quest chain

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you seriously trying to compare the two games? I mean, really?

Point is: you kinda do get to define it. Sulfuras was the weapon that Ragnaros wielded. Thunderfury was Thunderaan's. Athiesh (or how it's spelled) was Medivh's. Warglaives were Illidan's. Those were weapons famous, end game character used. And then came WoTLK and ruined that legendary system. Val'nyr, or whatever the name of the mace is, had no famous character behind it. It was just "collect this, do that" and wham! instant legendary. So was Shadowmourne. We get it, Blizz didn't want to give out Frostmourne so they came up with something different. And it kinda sucked, lore wise.
    Then came Cataclysm and it was preeeetty much the same. Everyone had the legendaries. Why? Because it kinda became god damn easy to get them.

What I'm trying to say is: Blizzard absolutely ruined legendary items, in my eyes. It used to feel epic when you could go all like "FU Ragnaros, now I got your weapon! HA!".
    Well, you skipped over Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury (the legendary bow of TBC) that had NO lore surrounding it.

Thunderaan was the son of Al'akir, an Elemental child to a lord. Lore-wise which we basically knew nothing about aside from that which was presented in the quest text for it in the first place.

Ragnaros, while an imposing force... again, prior to WoW, no lore, and even then, it wasn't a ton. Just a small bit here and there.

Aitesh is noteworthy, cause Medivh is lore, no matter what. As are the Warglaives.

But RNG isn't "Legendary", it's luck... pure, dumb, blind, luck. That isn't legendary to me, that is just plain lucky. Grats on winning that 1/10000 roll (0.01%) or whatever it was to see it drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    because being in a random raid group and winning a roll is a really great achievement. you could get that from your first time there. this way it takes a lot of time (even if not necessarily effort) to progress in the legendary quest chain
    It does take effort for the solo components of the Legendary quest line, no matter how you look at it. Even if you one-shot it, that is because you either put the effort in to do so, through skill, or gear. And gear takes effort (especially the gear to just steamroll the Celestial Blessing quest component for the DPS checks).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope I'm getting my Legendaries from LFR because that's the form of content I choose to play. I grinded it out, I deserve it. I hope Blizzard keeps this idea of LFR legendary quests/grinds in the game because it's better for the community as a whole. I just cannot fathom how you can say "it's better to just not have a Legendary" and expect me to believe that. It's the kind of stupid argument rich people make that poor people don't deserve anything because they're poor. Yeah, no. That idea died out a long time ago. Time for it to die out in WoW too.

The reality is if I didn't get a Legendary in LFR, I wouldn't get it at all. Why would I think that is a better system? How would that improve my gaming experience? I want to hear an actual answer about how me not getting something but you or others getting something is good for me and why I should endorse that philosophy?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.