Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A legendary item is only legendary when only one person can have it. Therefor there has only been one legendary beforeTalisman of Binding Shard.
    But yea I do agree that they should be less common.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    So hypocritical. You were probably the guy who was complaining about all the "special snowflakes" since vanilla, because you didn't get to be one. Congrats, you got your wish.

Can't stand other people with orange pixels getting more attention, can you?

Going to the cliche "You just want to be a special snowflake!" only tells me that you're a very jealous, selfish and unpleasant person.
    Going by your response, you 'sound mad bro'. like I'm thinking maybe he hit the nail on the head, and the truth hurts, and that's why you read upset? Or am I mistaken? In which case please forgive me. Even if I am right, I DO understand that sometimes...(sigh, can't believe I'll admit this on mmochamp), there are a few things that are better as special snowflakes. There, I finally said it after years of denial. There are SOME things that are cool due to being snowflakes. BUT. This is no longer one of them. Not this time anyways.
    But hey, how can we all know unless we try it out.
    I've jumped through all the hoops required, wtf more did you want? Obscene drop rate? heroic modes only? must perform your role naked and have everyone survive every fight? What's the deal yo?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Ahhh another "BOOOHOOOO LFR RAIDURS GET SAEM ITEMS AS ME, IOESMF JNSLFJSNFSJ FLFUCK EM BLIZZ CATER TO NOOB SCRUBS BOOHOO IM CRYING MY 15$ IS WORTHJ MOE THAN THEEIR RETARDED ROOOL DDROOLLING KEYBOARDS BOOOHOO"
    How original

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    Legendary definition atm would be a mean to keep casuals playing after the current patch is no longer hot. As the history shows casual tend to pay 1-2 months when a patch comes and quit after, by doing this legendary awarding system you are forced to keep playing if u want your shiny oranges
    Forcedtm

and oh my god! blizz are such monsters for giving us content we're willing to do to play the game more.

Next thing you'll be telling me is news channels search for news to have us watch the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    stuff
    If you're in LFR gear, you actually have to use your brain to get past the 5.3 portion. Those who raid and know how to play will get it as soon as they can, those who don't possess those qualities won't. Isn't that what every legendary is about? Rewarding those who actually can play?

I feel like people who run exclusively LFR shouldn't be getting a legendary. Part of that is because LFR isn't actual raiding, and also because having more incentives for raiding is probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    I feel like people who run exclusively LFR shouldn't be getting a legendary. Part of that is because LFR isn't actual raiding, and also because having more incentives for raiding is probably a good thing.
    Getting gear 40 ilvls above LFR isn't a good enough incentive?

And if the people strictly doing LFR aren't raid-quality people, they won't get past Celestial Blessings before 5.4.

Deleted
    i'm sure less people had the benediction staff in vanilla than had the warglaives in tbc or shadowmourne in wrath. maybe they should have made that legendary.
    so quite a few people will have the cloak in 5.4, i really dont see a problem with that tbh.
    stop crying over something that other's have worked hard to get & deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Getting gear 40 ilvls above LFR isn't a good enough incentive?

And if the people strictly doing LFR aren't raid-quality people, they won't get past Celestial Blessings before 5.4.
    It's not an incentive for a new player, no. From the perspective of a new player, the appearance of the gear matters more than the number written on it's tooltip.

so remove legendary items from normal and lfr because on heroics are the real raiders ?

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    so remove legendary items from normal and lfr because on heroics are the real raiders ?
    Can you stop making ridiculous arguments?

Normal mode requires coordination with a group of people you've (hopefully) played for some time with. It's where raiding starts getting fun, because of the interaction you have with your fellow raiders/guildies. Heroic is Normal with a bit more difficulty. LFR is practically a glorified target dummy. This is comparing apples to oranges.

It's not an incentive for a new player, no. From the perspective of a new player, the appearance of the gear matters more than the number written on it's tooltip.
    There's a difference between "new players" and "bad players".

There's a difference between "new players" and "bad players".
    Yes, but this isn't one of them. New players won't care as much for an increase in stats when they just start out. Not to mention a new sword is always cooler than a new, say, ring because your character's looks are altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Going by your response, you 'sound mad bro'. like I'm thinking maybe he hit the nail on the head, and the truth hurts, and that's why you read upset? Or am I mistaken? In which case please forgive me. Even if I am right, I DO understand that sometimes...(sigh, can't believe I'll admit this on mmochamp), there are a few things that are better as special snowflakes. There, I finally said it after years of denial. There are SOME things that are cool due to being snowflakes. BUT. This is no longer one of them. Not this time anyways.
    But hey, how can we all know unless we try it out.
    I've jumped through all the hoops required, wtf more did you want? Obscene drop rate? heroic modes only? must perform your role naked and have everyone survive every fight? What's the deal yo?
    You are mistaken, I am not mad. I have never had a legendary during relevancy, nor had a desire to have one. The only one I really wanted was SM, but I wasn't maining my Warrior at the time, so I couldn't use it. I no longer raid, and probably never will again (in WoW), unless the next expansion has some serious powerhouse lore behind it. It is of little personal interest to me at this point (objectively though, Blizzard went full retard with the system we have today).

However, I always get annoyed, not mad, when people are being massive hypocrites. Most of them have seen the "special snowflake" argument on some forum, and keep copy/pasting it in threads like these, without realizing what they're actually saying.

Can you stop making ridiculous arguments?

Normal mode requires coordination with a group of people you've (hopefully) played for some time with. It's where raiding starts getting fun, because of the interaction you have with your fellow raiders/guildies. Heroic is Normal with a bit more difficulty. LFR is practically a glorified target dummy. This is comparing apples to oranges.
    You're the one talking about how legendaries should only be available to "real raiders". According to the elitists, anyone still doing normals are scrubs. So why not just limit it to HC since it's "better" than the two previous difficulties anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but this isn't one of them. New players won't care as much for an increase in stats when they just start out. Not to mention a new sword is always cooler than a new, say, ring because your character's looks are altered.
    You have a very limited point of view. Which is why I'm glad you are not in charge of this game.

The current legendaries have at least some part where you earn them.
    A random drop is simply unfair and can easily award someone who really does not deserve it.

I don't recall Thunderfury being rare in my server. The only person who actually wanted to get it and didn't until ages later was ironically my guild leader but it was just because the other bracer didn't drop ever from Garr. He had all the other mats. And as for the hand of Ragnaros, even I had the mats for it and I wasn't even interested in it on my dwarf paladin. Made a lot of cash selling all that arcanite.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

It's still legendary.

You're thinking rare or unique.

I would rather have a 0.9% drop chance than do: 10 sigals power/wisdom , grind to honored, 6k valor (3k now), PvP , Grind to revered, 40 bars, 20 secrets, Get exalted, collect 12 runestones, kill lei shen, kill wrathalon or whatever his name is, plus 5.4 quests. This has to be the HARDEST legendary item to get.

You're the one talking about how legendaries should only be available to "real raiders". According to the elitists, anyone still doing normals are scrubs. So why not just limit it to HC since it's "better" than the two previous difficulties anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

You have a very limited point of view. Which is why I'm glad you are not in charge of this game.
    The gap between Heroic and Normal is not nearly as big as the gap between LFR and Normal. That's why LFR can't be qualified of being a proper raiding experience. It is so far removed from everything raiding has ever been since the inception of the game. Again, you can't compare LFR to Normal.