Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

A legendary Item isnt really legendary if everyone has it.

discuss..it seems weird that when in bc i would see maybe 2-3 ppl with warglaives wotlk maybe 30-50 ppl server wide with shadowmourne , cataclysm almost every raiding rogue on frostmourne had the legendary , and towards DS most spell casters had the legendary. I liked it when getting a legendary made you actually stronger than 99% of the community , and it was all purely BASED on luck, because right now , a legendary item isnt so legendary when every damn raider in the world including LFRers have the item, or will eventually get the item.

Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

It's not the number of people who can get it, it's the work that you put into it to get it. It's the best quality and it is top tier overall, it takes long hours of work and it is supposed to be special as aside to just a normal epic item.

snip=============

Based on luck legendary items is far worse design then the current legendary design. I did prefer the wotlk/cata system of a raid helping a single person get a legendary item, but only marginally.

For me, the ideal implementation would be that they are *very minor* increases over current tier gear, but provide a non-stacking raid wide buff as well (See Atiesh). This way getting the legendary with your raid would give you an edge, but give your raid an edge as a whole. Furthermore, truly cutting edge min/maxing guilds/raids could get countless legendary weapons into their raid, but since they're not as major of an increase as weapons such as Dragonwrath was, it won't be as big as a difference to getting over hurdles (like heroic spine was).
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

I agree with the OP. Legendary used to mean the item was actually rare, now it only means it's more powerful then the other items of the same slot.

I'd love to see a middle ground between the extreme rarity of the first legendary items which were based exclusively on luck, and the new model, where you craft them. Something akin to a 5% drop rate, not a 0.5% one, in which you have to collect either a set amount of them or a set amount of different items to make said item. Ex: Making a sword you'd have to find the handle, the hilt, and several parts of the blade, all with low drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    It's not the number of people who can get it, it's the work that you put into it to get it. It's the best quality and it is top tier overall, it takes long hours of work and it is supposed to be special as aside to just a normal epic item.
    Except it doesn't take any work at all. There was a video not too long ago on here of a rogue who did absolutely nothing on most fights, auto attacked on others, and was kicked exactly twice from the LFR. He was keeping up with those others that were actually putting in time and effort, and in the end he will be able to AFK his way through LFR and end up with the same legendary as others. Sure, he might get it a bit after those players, but he's still getting it. It's not about the work, it's about the luck of getting the drops in LFR, that's it.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2013-07-27 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    "A legend is not a legend if there are so many legends"

i just feel like an item with legendary status shud be based on pure luck so only few ppl have it, cos right now , i logged back on after 3 months of being away played for 3 weeks , ended up getting the legendary meta and soon the cape ? didnt really feel legendary , it felt like it was just another thing i needed to do to improve my character.

An uncommon item isn't really uncommon, Rare items aren't really rare, and Epic aren't really epic. The quest is "legendary" and the time put in to the quest is what makes it that.

The power behind the item is legendary compared to other items within its current tier.

It's exclusivity...well it doesn't have any. No one is going to argue with you on that.

Deleted
    Legendary does not have to be unique though. I can understand that you maybe want it to be, but in that case there is also a very high risk that you will never get one. Are you happy with that?

Orange text = Legendary. This is not a disputable point. Whether if "feels" legendary is subjective.

/thread

im very happy with never receiving a legendary. But on the other hand , imagine being the only person on the server with it ?

Deleted
    Tbh I still find it a long grind so that makes it that not alot of people will have the cloak when it matters.
    For me personally I find it still a bit legendary and it has some nice quests with it. I rather have a legendary item
    that way than to wait for pure luck drops (glaives, bow, etc).

Even if 'everyone' got one (which they won't), there will only be one per character at max. So its still an uncommon item in the grand scheme of things.

Warglaives were not rare late TBC. No serious Sunwell guild did without at least one Rogue/Fury Warrior without at least one of them (both if possible) - and if they didn't drop for them, they'd poach from other guilds.

Shadowmourne certainly wasn't rare. Neither were Dragonwrath or the Fangs of the Father.

Legendary really only means "higher quality item that requires either a lot of luck, a lot of grinding, a lot of combined guild footwork, or all the above". It doesn't mean "one per server".

Deleted
    You're not a special snowflake who has something uber unique and can stand around outside the AH showing it off now. Oh well. Moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically it's a type of item quality, isn't it. Quality isn't quantity.

Though I propose a new item type... Snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    orange its the new purple
    legendaries are the new epics

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    You're not a special snowflake who has something uber unique and can stand around outside the AH showing it off now. Oh well. Moving on.
    so ur saying the few people who got warglaives of azzinoth when it was 100% based on RNG were special snowflakes. I bet u wudnt be saying that if u were the one to be the only one on the server with the legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Even if 'everyone' got one (which they won't), there will only be one per character at max. So its still an uncommon item in the grand scheme of things.

Warglaives were not rare late TBC. No serious Sunwell guild did without at least one Rogue/Fury Warrior without at least one of them (both if possible) - and if they didn't drop for them, they'd poach from other guilds.

Shadowmourne certainly wasn't rare. Neither were Dragonwrath or the Fangs of the Father.

Legendary really only means "higher quality item that requires either a lot of luck, a lot of grinding, a lot of combined guild footwork, or all the above". It doesn't mean "one per server".
    it used too in BC...when wow thrived.

- - - Updated - - -

so im guessing most people prefer if all the raiders have it on the server ? then it pretty much becomes an epic weapon.