Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A new class? Highly unlikely. We just got monk. Even tho, there is a slight chance of a new talent for buffing, they might just might maybe go for a class that focuses just on buffing tho.. That would be very boring therefor highly unlikely.
    A new race? Likely.

Bring back Legion? Errr.. Am I the only one who did not like TBC?

- Level cap raised to 95.
    - New race models including worgen and goblin(Now before you say they won't change worgen and goblin; They have said several times they want to re-do the worgen and goblin because they were not satisfied with what they got at launch of Cata.)
    - New race(s).
    - New continent; Why you may ask? Blizz has also said several times the majority did not like visiting azeroth again(People loved Northerend and Outland). People like new continents, therefor the possibility of a new continent is something that could happen. Or if they really are going for a place that already exist they have to remake so much it feels new.
    - New graphic mechanics.
    - Updated NPC models
    - And alot of other new things to come.

Also; Am I the only one who wants to see the return of Lich King and the scourge?
    We never actually saw the scourge invade azeroth so why not make that?

But what do I know eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Just wait until blizzcon and the tinker class doesnt get announced with xpac. Teriz will cry until he makes a thread "Why tinkers shouldve been a class and blizzard are idiots"
    Doubtful, because I never said that Tinkers would get announced at the next expansion. I just said if there's going to be a new class, its going to be Tinkers.

South seas expac.

Naga and old god(s).

Wow, you guys sure know how to dream up and exciting, original expac.

What I propose:

The titans arrive on azeroth in advance of the legion, running from them, as it were. They've been at war with them for some time now and have little choice but to run, as the legion has conquered most of the known universe. The new path of the titans feature is introduced in the pre-expansion patch. We each choose one of the members of the pantheon to champion (who all reside in the various titan cities around azeroth), and go through "the path of the titans", as they prepare us for the coming invasion. The titan you choose will act kinda like wrathion did throughout MoP. The titan you choose will probably be acording to your role, but maybe it could be per class...less regrets down the road with that scenario.

The invasion happens in 6.0, and the first couple leveling zones are us repelling said invasion. We use the various parts of the legion invasion ships to repair the exodar, and we use it as our hub as we go to various legion and titan held planets to fight this war. As each major patch comes out, the exodar can park in orbit of a different planet while we port down to the new dailies zone or whatever it is.

Beats the heck out of naga.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-07-28 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angerpaw View Post
    A new class? Highly unlikely. We just got monk. Even tho, there is a slight chance of a new talent for buffing, they might just might maybe go for a class that focuses just on buffing tho.. That would be very boring therefor highly unlikely.
    A new race? Likely.
    Well if we get a new race, that would be three expansions in a row were we've gotten new races.

There's just as much chance that we'll get a new class as we'll be getting a new race. Especially given that Blizzard is working on new models for vanilla races.

A new class won't effect Monks much. Monk players will continue to play Monks even if a new class is introduced. Just how it is.

Just wait until blizzcon and the tinker class doesnt get announced with xpac. Teriz will cry until he makes a thread "Why tinkers shouldve been a class and blizzard are idiots"
    This amuses me.

Engineering allows you to build mounts and items. A Tinker class would allow you to perform a role (tanking/Healing/DPS) using abilities, CDs, and talents.
    You totally dropped the ball here. I asked what the difference between an Enigneer and a Tinkerer is.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Doubtful, because I never said that Tinkers would get announced at the next expansion. I just said if there's going to be a new class, its going to be Tinkers.
    Give me permission to rub this in your face when the next class isnt tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post

You totally dropped the ball here. I asked what the difference between an Enigneer and a Tinkerer is.
    And its already been explained multiple times.

Permission granted.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-28 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Realistic expectation for the next expansion:

People will bitch about it on the forums. Doesn't matter what it is.
    Completely agreed. I think this is the only prediction that is 100% sure to be true.

And its already been explained multiple times.
    Way to totally dodge the question.

Requesting same permission.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    If the next xpac is a fan favorite for lore, it will probably see a sub increase to 9m or so. If not it will see an increase and quickly fall again. If the xpac has a good theme and is mechanically good, subs may rise to something like 9m and fall substantially slower then normal ending the xpac at 8m or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to totally dodge the question.
    The question wasn't dodged. It was answered both by myself, and other posters. A profession isn't the same as a class, so the Engineering profession would be nothing like a Tinker class despite both sharing the same theme.

Now if there's an issue with the name "Tinker", there's also Technician, Inventor, Mechanic, Machinist, etc. to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    We did, it was called wrath, and people bitched that there was no troll raid.
    Haha, very true. Doesn't matter what we get, someone bitches.

Also Cataclysm didn't have a Troll raid, technically. We did get two Troll dungeons though, with decent gear, in a single major patch. So it feels about the same.

The question wasn't dodged. It was answered both by myself, and other posters. A profession isn't the same as a class, so the Engineering profession would be nothing like a Tinker class despite both sharing the same theme.
    What is the difference between a Tinkerer and an Engineer Lorewise?

I un-subbed pretty recently until the new xpac, I was honestly fine with the game until MoP was released, the whole Asian theme of the expansion really turned me off after a while. Going to Blizzcon this year so I'm pretty stoked for a legion expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, Engineers are the crafters, Tinkers are adventurer/heroes.

If Blizzard deems the lore too close (for some reason), then Blizzard can call the class anything from Artificers to Technicians and have Tinker as a spec. The point is that the next class will be technology-based, and have abilities from the WC3 Tinker hero.

Deal with it.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-28 at 03:10 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, Engineers are the crafters, Tinkers are adventurer/heroes.
    You're arguing about a distinction that isn't there. They both craft, they both have a tech theme, and they both can be adventurers/heroes.
    Nor is it guaranteed that the next class will have a tech theme. An XPac with an Emerald Dream slant could justify a Dragon themed class for example.

To be honest, the engineering profession should be renamed "Tinker" as it signifies a less professional, amateurish dabbler. The tech class itself should be called engineer.

Or - radical - the Engineering skill could be removed, and reworked into a secondary profession where it simply gives the player the ability to use tech gear without mishap. Crafted items can then be split between other professions or maybe even become a class skill.

EJL

An engineer is a hobbyist who messes with technology in their spare time, but devotes their real time and energy to the pursuit of a different career (Druid, mage, etc).
    A Tinkerer is someone who has devoted their life to the pursuit of technological advancement and uses it in every task, challenge, goal they face in life.

It's the difference between an adventurer who dabbles in archaeology and a lorewalker.
    Or the difference between a hunter, who utilizes a bit of magic to enhance his weapon's shots, and a mage who devotes themselves fully to studying the arcane.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-07-28 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    You're arguing about a distinction that isn't there. They both craft, they both have a tech theme, and they both can be adventurers/heroes.
    Nor is it guaranteed that the next class will have a tech theme. An XPac with an Emerald Dream slant could justify a Dragon themed class for example.

To be honest, the engineering profession should be renamed "Tinker" as it signifies a less professional, amateurish dabbler. The tech class itself should be called engineer.

Or - radical - the Engineering skill could be removed, and reworked into a secondary profession where it simply gives the player the ability to use tech gear without mishap. Crafted items can then be split between other professions or maybe even become a class skill.

EJL
    All of which is pretty irrelevant, since Blizzard can merely expand the name into something completely different. There are technicians, mechanics, and artificers in WoW as well, and a technology-based class could be named any one of those things with Tinker as a spec (just like the Monk class).

As for a Dragon-themed class; Highly doubtful. Druids already get some of Ysera's magic, and Mages cover the rest. What kind of class could you possibly develop from something like that? Another class that does the exact same thing as Mages?

A technology class fills a thematic gap in WoW's class structure. Another magic class with a Dragon twist does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thinking seems to be Legion as the next Xpac... when in all likelihood they could pull another Pandaria on us.

They could focus simply on Titans and the resurgence of the Dragons. The titans could seal over the maelstrom and create a new continent to rule over the other 4. But I think that is a little unlikely vs what I think is the obvious choice for next expansion - The Emerald Dream for the following reasons:

1. A single continent is better than scattered zones (Cata lesson).
    2. Redoing zones (like Outlands) are not worth it (Cata lesson)
    3. A single protagonist is best for an expansion (Wrath lesson)
    4. Multiple entry points already exist

In addition to being anti demon, there are blue posts supporting that there will be no Demon Hunter class because their abilities have been absorbed into primarily Warlocks, just like blademasters were absorbed by warriors. And with something like the Emerald Dream, a new hunteresque class will be a good fit for these new wilds (and fill in the unused Mail armor type slot and a second ranged weapon user).

Also this is the 90-95 expansion, if they want to make a big move with Sargeras I think 95-100 will be where its at.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

If I were to do a south seas expansion, I'd add boats to guilds. Guilds start out with a basic boat, and thru meeting goals, completing raids, etc, they get to upgrade their ships. They can access content by sailing around the ocean. They can attack other ships, raid them, board them, kill their crew, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I think another burning legion xpac would mean two new races.

Horde: Satyr!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alliance: Dryads