Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    What is the difference between a Tinkerer and an Engineer Lorewise?
    About the same difference between an enchanter and a mage.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I think the blue quotes show pretty plainly (in a humorous/indirect way) that neither Illidan or Sargeras will be in the next expansion. Very few (if any) saw MoP coming until the first web domain was registered. People have asked for an Emerald Dream/Naga (South Sea) expansion for a LONG time (since BC days) and it's never happened. I doubt it'll happen now. Speculation is fun until people start throwing fits and getting disappointed when Blizzard announces their next expansion and it doesn't meet expectations. I seriously doubt we'll be able to guess it.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2013-07-28 at 04:12 AM.

Alright, I'm going to speculate a little about something I don't think will actually happen - but if it did, this is the only way I see it happening.

Playable Naga. The only way they would work is if they could transform between 'Merperson' and 'Humanoid' in the same way as the Mermaid from Splash. When in water they have a tail and fins, and move more quickly. When out of water (or using a vanity effect like Worgen) they have legs.

Reason they need legs isn't even about the gear, its about mobility. How do you model a Naga on a mount, or jumping?

Storywise they could be loosening the curse upon themselves and are slowly turning back into Highborn - still retaining their monsterous features, but gaining the use of their legs and are slowly freeing themselves from Azshara's rule.

Class wise they could be Warriors, Mages, Warlocks, Priests and Hunters. Could even add a new class, the Myrmidon - a physical fighter that uses spears and javalins and fights in a very mobile skirmishing manner with lots of snares. And heck, they could even use mail and have a spellcaster spec that uses tidal forces to augment their attacks - thus filling the gap we have in ranged physical dps and spellcaster mail users.

And suffice to say, they'd be a neutral race.

But do I think they'll ever be introduced as a playable race? Unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the recurrent Tinker/Engineer derail goes -- I see the potential difference is that Engineering is hobbled by being a profession, it has to be limited by how it interacts with class, spec and the related balance issues. As a class, Tinker would let them do more with the steam punk elements. Engineering isn't likely to get much more than head gear (by tradition) and a few buffs. A Tinker might be able to build an entire suit, like a shredder. Think about how useful the goblin belt and such seem to be in the starting areas, then you move on and it becomes a jump and some rockets.

I think the majority of the player base is expecting a Legion based expanison, if it turns out that is not the case the interest level would plummet.

We have had 3 straight expanison of Old Gods (Yogg =Wrath, Nz'oth =Cata, Sha/ Y'Shaarj = MOP), the last thing we need is another expanison based on them. Bring on the Legion.
    Last edited by Vensu24; 2013-07-28 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    I think the majority of the player base is expecting a Legion based expanison, if it turns out that is not the case the interest level would plummet.
    This I got to agree with a lot.

Dam near everyone is expecting a Legion Based Expansion and if that dose not happen tons of people are going to feel like whatever they do say it is is another filler Expansion and a repeat of Cata/Mop.

I personally feel a Burning Legion Expansion is a must but they need to do it 100% right in every way or there will be a huge backlash. I bet there has been people who unsubbed in hopes of the next expansion being burning legion and some who only put up with mop in hopes of it being burning legion. So if its not BL then those who unsubbed will stay unsubbed and those who waited mop out will just leave.

I also feel somehow endgame needs to change because this whole Do Dungeons Do Raids Do Pvp as the only choice's has gotten stale and boring. Now I don't know what they could add to the endgame but something mite be better then nothing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Burning Legion needs to take place next expansion. It has to. It will be the only way to garner any sort of new interest to past subs. Hell, stepping away from the "subs department", I think it's the only way to stop the bleeding, IMO. Plus the theme would be much better. Mists of Pandaria is probably one of the best expansions ever, but the theme, I've had enough of it. Big time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't get why people cant quit wow for a while just to teach blizzard a lesson...is it that hard?
    The lesson that is not the casual players that matters but the community of old players that's shapes the game. We are the ones that bring lives to the social experience. The game lost interaction and challenge not for the greater good, but to make the game more appealing to the "casual player" and to blizzards pockets.
    Bring the world roaming and not LFG queues in main cities. Bring the old rivalry between Horde x Alliance random encounters in open world. I never see the opposing faction in the game almost, apart from battlegrounds. I barely know there actually is a faction that I am supposed to fear while i'm questing or walking around. There is no more interaction in the world. It is now a dead instanced/queue/LFG programed world without the old thrills of Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

I left WoW after Cataclysm and still cant go back...and believe me I want to. But the things I end up missing the most are not there anymore. And that makes me sad.
    I just remember it was thrilling doing content only a group of people could do and actually knowing and feeling the reward of rare flashy items to show off. Now even Arena sets are accessible to everyone, its just a matter of time to get them. You don't even depend on your rating and skill....nah, just a matter of time before another casual gets the flashy items only a group of people with certain skill level was supposed to get. You see....that's just not rewarding enough...if everyone can get everything and its just a matter of time...there is no thrill in it.

peace out and lets hope for better decisions on blizzard part...until then not playing :C

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Cool story bro. So are you going to speculate whats going to be in the next xpac? Or complain

Why "cool story?" Don't you guys agree that something must be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Personally I believe they are going to do the next expansion(s) one of three ways.

1. We are going to finish solving the last bit of Azeroth's main problems, IE the remainder of the emerald nightmare (If you think it was resolved by the novel, go quest in S barrens for a bit.), Azshara and her horde of Naga, N'zoth being a big baddy, south seas, pirates, ect. Once that is over the legion invades and omgwtfbbq screws up everything we worked towards, including a temporary peace between the Alliance and Horde, (Natherzhim's are a bitch!) and plunging the world into chaos.

2. We get the Legion next expansion, and we to fight off the full frontal attack force of the invaders, but the legion returning accelerates the remainder of azeroth's problems, thus making the expansion after the "legion expansion" Finish solving Azeroth's issue's, now with 100% more demons.

3.We get all that, BUT ALL AT ONCE. Yes, N'zoth, pirates, demons, Azshara, Emerald Dream, one expansion. This is what would bring back the most subs. Not only would we be looking about smacking probably the three biggest baddies left in lore (Azshara, N'zoth, Sargeras to some extent), but we will be going to the remaining few places Azeroth has left to offer. South seas, Emerald Dream, phased demonized zones after being pwned by the legion. The works.

As far as races, Naga is imo the best bet for newest Neutral race. I think they are going to continue the neutral race model, because it made it easy for them not to make the "These guys became Horde/Alliance because of (Insert arbitrary reason to join said militaristic organizations here)". I'd rather it be up to the player, and this opens up a bunch of different race options players have wanted for ages. Naga, Ogres, Centaur, Ethereal, Aarokoa, Tuskaar, Vrykul. The list goes on where they could take having neutral races play out.

As for classes? I've honestly heard some pretty great ideas over the years. I've heard of Dragon-warriors that were taken under the wing of the aspects to protect them, and were given small bits of power from the aspects allowing them to harness a bit of time (Chronomancer esque), life, dream and above all -magic-. Also taking on the form of a half dragon half humanoid gives me happies in the pants. There have also been talks of "Tinkerers" that seem to play a lot into the technological standpoint of this game, and feel like Engineers from GW2. Not saying I wouldn't like it, and it would give someone else to give hunters competition for ranged weapons. I've also thought about Bard, but I have a bias seeing as I love bard support classes, and after the Bard preview Blizzard did in one of their April's fool jokes I don't think they could do bard without making it either too boring or too ridiculous. Though I have seen Blizzard preform miracles.

Lastly for classes is the big monkey in the room, bloody Demon-hunters. While, it would be cool lorewise to have a bunch of blindfold wearing shirtless half demonized crazy people running about preforming chaotic good/neutral deeds, at the same time seeing 5635453 "Illlidan, Illidarii, Illiddan, ect" will kill this for me. Also, it would be cool to get more glaive-like swords in the game for mog, but again, after seeing everyone and their mothers brother having them it sorta ruins the special unless they are demon huntar exclusive.

Edit: I forgot about the rest of the Zandalari trolls! That would make for a fun raid. Perhaps bring us some good feels of ToT, ZA and ZG.
    I don't see how a particular storyline brings in more subs than another. People who aren't interested in the game won't suddenly become interested in a storyline within the game, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't see how a particular storyline brings in more subs than another. People who aren't interested in the game won't suddenly become interested in a storyline within the game, I think.
    Agreed. The idea that all these people would suddenly resub based on the bosses we're fighting is hilarious.

So what happens when the expansion ends? Are all those people who resubbed to fight the legion suddenly going to unsub again? Then what was the point of shoe-horning a Burning Legion expansion in the first place?

A final battle between Azeroth and Burning Legion is inevitable. However, I seriously doubt its going to be the next expansion.

tahnk you very much for the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why "cool story?" Don't you guys agree that something must be done?
    No, because I enjoy the game in it's current form, as a long time player that plays casually now.

What I would like to see next expansion is another trip to a different planet. I also want an Arabian/desert theme with lost technology mixed in.

Lets say we are told by the etherials or someone about a different planet the legion attacked but the legion was repelled completely. So we get our mages and engineers to set up some portals to this planet and off we go! The plan is simple, go find out what kicked the legions ass and kept them away!

But, once we get there, the whole planet is lifeless. Lots of evidence of a technological superior race but nobody is there. As the brave adventurers we are we go fourth to investigate and accidentally awaken the planets mechanical defense system and everything goes to hell. Toss in some planet lore, legion secrets and what happened to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    While you may feel that way, I know that some people would return if, and only if, the next expac was burning legion centric. I know this because I and several of my friends feel this way, as long time warcraft franchise players. You don't have to agree with the sentiment, but please do not pretend a segment of the population does not exist because it is inconvenient to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Agreed. The idea that all these people would suddenly resub based on the bosses we're fighting is hilarious.

So what happens when the expansion ends? Are all those people who resubbed to fight the legion suddenly going to unsub again? Then what was the point of shoe-horning a Burning Legion expansion in the first place?

A final battle between Azeroth and Burning Legion is inevitable. However, I seriously doubt its going to be the next expansion.
    I guess Blizzard will wait till wow has 50k subs before making such an xpac then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    While you may feel that way, I know that some people would return if, and only if, the next expac was burning legion centric. I know this because I and several of my friends feel this way, as long time warcraft franchise players. You don't have to agree with the sentiment, but please do not pretend a segment of the population does not exist because it is inconvenient to you.
    spot on.
    /10char

doesnt matter what the next expansion will be about. It wont help wow to gain as much subs as it even had on MoP launch. People are droping out wow like stones cuz there is lots of free to play games with high quality. What blizzard needs to do is to finaly make wow into a FTP model with a real money shop with transmog stuff, pets, mounts and so on.

Personally, I just wish Blizzcon would get here already so people could stop posting the same expansion thread over and over again.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Q3 will lose 500k-1M subs, then it will gain some of them back at Q4 (with SoO). Then lose again Q1... then regain next expansion, then lose again, etc.

The unfortunate thing is that they will never experience a steady growth like they did until WotLK, and the numbers will get lower and lower from now on.

Last i heard there were around 3-4M West active accounts (EU+US), and that was before this losses, so who knows how many there really are. Blizzard sure aren't helping themselves with all this accessibility, casual molded features. 4 raid difficulties is abhorrent. The blatant abuse of fan's dedication and willingness to give them money with cheesy vanity items whilst people already pay a subscription aswell... geez. That's just ridiculous. At least remove the subscription and go all out with it, but don't have people support the game through active subscription and charge for whatever they waste their time developing - that people already pay for.

i'd like to see an expansion ending with us losing tbh.

like, the legion invades and we fight through all the bosses to the final fight and at 20% or whatever he wipes us out and flees. we get loot from a chest (provided we make it to this point in the fight) but we dont win.

then they can release like minor event patches which drastically change individual zones one at a time and we have to go there and find the problem. like 3-4 tiny patches doing this. and then they release the next xpac where we finally get to smash him. it'd be good to end an expansion totally shattered though. not beating the bad guy but just getting smashed. so we limp away and recover and then come back next xpac and get some revenge

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As for a Dragon-themed class; Highly doubtful. Druids already get some of Ysera's magic
    No. They get similar magic. And really - a Dragonsworn/Dragonborn/Dragon themed class offers just as much room for flexibility as the Tinker without any SF baggage that Blizzard may or may not want to import. A Dragon themed class may also fit better with the intended XPac. You may want to limit the class to a caster role but Blizzard isn't bound by that restriction.

A Tinker class certainly has a lot going for it, but to suggest its the only possible route that the game can take is stretching things.

EJL